Poll: Subject you are best at?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Subject you are best at?

I am best at English (in the Netherlands).

I totally suck at maths, like not normal, so bad.

But I make up for it by being very good in languages.

Your best?

I also loved history, so fun to learn things about history.

I had a teacher who taught us German but he was very awesome, sort of like a 'I accidently threw the answers in the recycling bin- pretend - let's see who will cheat and who will not'type of teacher. He was hilarious.

Spout your school stories here!
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-01-04 at 05:18 AM.

Deleted
    Doing nothing is probably what im best at i cant do anything right.

Oh this is a school question well ive always been best in english in any class ive been in but spelling and grammar isent my cup of tea.

However been almost 5 years now since i quit school to work.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2012-01-04 at 05:21 AM.

Science and math, tested highest in my middle and high schools, still failed cause a couldn't be bothered to do homework. Worst class... Social Studies, love history, hate having to remember some asshat from 17th century France who was famous for something I could give a rats ass about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Doing nothing is probably what im best at i cant do anything right.
    What? I am sure you were/are good at something.

Don't be so down on yourself.

In school? Reading Comprehension and Maths.

Now? 'Computers' since it is what I do every day.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what maths i'm doing, in my State there's 3 maths: A, which is dubbed 'the easier' option. B, which is for better than average students. You have to choose one of these two and there's an elective Maths C which is the hardest and could be seen as an extension maths. I did Maths B for Grade 10 and 11 and got like, C's and B-'s. But in grade 12 i did Maths A i got A+'s. So there's that.

I was always pretty poor at English, never getting above B's really. But I never liked English either, after Middle school it stopped being about the English Language and more about creative writing, which I'm very bad at.

However, Geography, History and IPT (Computers) where my strong points, never got below a B, was pretty much all always getting A's or B+'s.

Edit: I was amazing (A+'s) at science up until Grade 11 & 12 when it really got ramped up and then I was horrible at any science, I did Chemistry for a semester where I failed the first half then did pretty alright in the second half, so I still passed overall, but dropped it because for Geography because would be a better choice for me.
    Last edited by sdracklryeg; 2012-01-04 at 05:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

I do best in History and Math, always A's and B's. However, every teacher I had said I should be in advanced English courses, however it is the subject I do the worst in.

History/geography (kind of go hand-in-hand anyways). I also majored in history. The thing with history that I like so much is that everything pretty much pertains to history, it's not as boring as many people who don't particularly care for it think. Also voted for music, mostly for the history of the birth of rock and roll, when there was good rock music around a few decades ago. There are certain things I really dread, but I like a little bit of every subject tbh.

Deleted
    History, social studies, english and psychology are my best subjects

10+ Year Old Account
    History, Social Studies, English, Computers and Geography are mine.

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

15+ Year Old Account
    English, math and religion. I'm usually quite good at anything that catches my interest and bad at the things that do not.

I am actually good at math ,English ,biology .
    all the other things, i am garbage at . xD

I am probably good at biology 'cuz of my teacher. He was an awesome guy ,but he do not forgive cheaters

15+ Year Old Account
    Philosophy, Debate, Computers, Social Studies, and Sciences, my writing and reading level up there but my grammar is somewhat poor. I also can give a good presentation. I am very bad at Math...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Information Processes and Technology (IT/Computing Studies) , Ancient History, English, Maths, Religion and Visual Arts.
    Last edited by Terranullis; 2012-01-04 at 08:12 AM.

I've always been really good at English/writing.

Math... not as much.

history, biology, geography, music, & english. didnt vote english since i have kind of a love/hate relationship with it.. mostly depends on the teacher. I wasnt "the best" at music, but i did try the hardest at it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that's a lot of 'good at english' people. Curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    What? I am sure you were/are good at something.

Don't be so down on yourself.
    Even if only a little bit, you have made the internet a better place sir/ma'am. Thank you.

OT: Math, or physics are my best subjects. Other subjects bore me to death, but math and physics has always intrigued me

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Damn that's a lot of 'good at english' people. Curious.
    it makes sense that a lot of them would be inclined to browse & post on forums

Deleted
    I am in law school now where I don't really have any conventional subjects, rather you need to have good memory, comprehension, reasoning, critical thinking, decision making overall and so on. Well good memory alone probably gets you through law school too but GL after that .

When I was in high school I was one of those straight A's kids, I was generally smart and I also had time to study because I had 0 friends. If I were to pick what I was best at... I was solid in english considering the fact I had C2 certificate in the age of 17, in my country that's something unseen . But as I said, I had an A from everything...

Math (incl. calc1+2), physics (7 years), chemistry (6 years) through geography all the way to social sciences or music education (one of the few kids who played an instrument, piano). Well my A from PE was fake... But I got it anyway :P.