Thread: ummm... what?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We also need to remember that KIN raiders... who got the world first... had the unfair advantage of having Korean racials... them Koreans are so amazing at games... its scary

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Also Icecrown still had limited heroic mode attemps for the Lich King. They got rid of the idea of limited heroic attempts for this expansion.
    The limited attempts were for both normal and heroic .

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    What I was trying to get at was this - It DID take a couple months or more for (paragon I think?) to kill Heoric Lich King, and it only took a couple weeks to kill Deathwing Heroic 25m... I thought being Deathwing the destroyer of azeroth would take more time to kill him.... Granted I have not killed Deathwing heroic I'm sure it was pretty damn hard. I stopped pve after icc so I didn't do much at all. Anyways main point I was trying to bring up was
    It was already said in thread that ICC progression was artificially stalled.
    Blizz didn't let anybody even try heroic modes for a while and they had very limited attempts per week afterwards.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    I'm just now getting news that Dragon Soul is supposed to be the last raid of this expansion? And that Deathwing was killed already? Is this true? is Blizzard seriously giving us Dragon Soul for another 9 months before releasing MoP or is the expansion getting released on a different date than the expansions in the past? Didn't it take several months for a guild to conquer 25M Heroic Lich King.... and it only took a couple weeks for a guild to kill Deathwing? I don't understand Blizzard's logic in keeping a raid for 9 + months again...

Is Dragon Soul the last raid of expansion or not?
    That's not news, it's 6 month old info.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    It's the last planned raid for the expansion and yes Blizzard plans to release Mists of Pandaria faster than previous expansions. My personal estimate is an early summer release
    I got my F&F alpha invite for Cata on 5/7/2010 the game released in 12/whateverday/2010. That was 7 months of alpha beta testing, and the Alpha for MoP isn't even out yet. I dont see blizz getting MoP out by this summer.
    Last edited by Therdin; 2012-01-06 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    I got my F&F alpha invite for Cata on 5/7/2010 the game released in 12/whateverday/2010. That was 7 months of alpha beta testing, and the Alpha for MoP isn't even out yet. I dont see blizz getting MoP out by this summer.
    Yeah this is precisely what I did NOT want to hear. Think it's possible Blizz changed their alpha/beta time strategy? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    Unfortunately, this. MoP is more "done" at this stage than its predecessors, but not by the 4 months that people think it is. With talent overhauls, entirely new systems, and a new class, there's no way that MoP is going to spend less than 6 months in testing, meaning we'd see it around July....if they announce their testing in the next couple weeks. Just remember, no testing yet = at least 6 more months.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    Unfortunately, this. MoP is more "done" at this stage than its predecessors, but not by the 4 months that people think it is. With talent overhauls, entirely new systems, and a new class, there's no way that MoP is going to spend less than 6 months in testing, meaning we'd see it around July....if they announce their testing in the next couple weeks. Just remember, no testing yet = at least 6 more months.
    I was pretty excited to play cata in the alpha stages, and it was super unpolished. only 2 levels at the start, only vash and hyjal up for testing (and only 1/2 the quests) gear was all over the place (blue cloak from blackrock gave 150 str and 1337 stam lol). I say this because every single day of alpha/beta testing was needed to get the game were it was at release.

And I hope blizzard learned their lesson with the Wotlk expac and give monks the time and focus they deserve. less we have another DK pest spread = win spec at the start of MoP

Quote Originally Posted by FallenSystm View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is SO certain that MoP is coming out sooner. Blizzard said they "want" to release content faster. But they did not say that MoP was going to be realeased sooner, and if they have I haven't seen a source with anyones statement. Also doesn't it seem odd to you that they offered an annual pass that started in October, so the have a lot of members locked into a year already, why do they need to provide new content with that? Blizzard is going to assume that once people are done with WoW and get bored they will move onto Diablo 3 (since it is free for them to play, and Blizzard is still getting there monthly subscription) Now tell me from a business standpoint why does it make sense to release MoP before October?
    If people are still subscribed for a couple months after MoP is released they'll be much more likely to purchase the expansion to give it a shot since they are paying for game time anyway. Would you enjoy sitting around for a couple months trying to scrape together groups for old content rather than experiencing the new stuff with all your friends and the rest of the playerbase? Not likely unless you aren't even playing.