Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Male Character Models

Is it just me, or is there no male character body type that looks normal? Even the one that is supposed to be "normal" (the second one) looks kinda scrawny when you're actually playing him. Then the other three body types are too extreme for my taste. I always played male characters in WoW, but it seems like in this game I have to play a female character in order to look good.

(And to clarify, I don't mean "normal" as in what everyone should look like IRL, i mean "normal" as in the general lean body type that most heroes have in videogames)

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The "normal" body type, the second one on the slider I think, looks fine when you are playing solo with a companion. The second you stand next to a body type 3 (Arnold Schwarzenegger), you look like a scrawny fourteen-year-old.

I would also to see a body type somewhere in between type 2 and type 3.

Well the male models looks more normal than the female ones. The "fattest" female model is slightly above average size imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different tastes I suppose, I just think the larger sizes for males are silly.
    I wholeheartly disagree, but to each their own.
    I think the bulky models fit perfectly on the "big bruiser" stereotype of fantasy.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I really like the 2 option for males. But that's because i play an operative. A muscular build would be ridiculous on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the 2 option for males. But that's because i play an operative. A muscular build would be ridiculous on them.
    Depends on your head choices, i made an imperial agent that looks like ethan hunt, just bulky. They still wear those tight suits, so he doesnt look as big as a trooper for instance, and i made him an android and put the "shades" on him. Priceless.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

Deleted
    There should be a little more variety, I agree on that, I mean...there isn't a "fatty" type, there is a mordibly obese...

I also have that feeling that 2 is still a bit too scrawny and 3 is a giant, there should be something between those.

Still...body type 2 looks pretty good to me.

LOL! but they're supposed to be little, sneaky, and conniving. I could see jedi's and the like with the huge muscle bound protagonist. Maybe even bounty hunters.

Deleted
    Justin Bieber, standard, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Buttberbean

Those are your options, do with them as you please!

Deleted
    Male body 2 is too close to male body 1, and male body 4 is just ridiculous. While 3 is good for bounty hunters and sith warriors, 2 can still look decent for an agent (careful with the face/beard choices though, it's easy to make a head that looks too big compared to the body). 1 is if you're into the whole "teenage hero" thing.
    4 is when you stop playing your character and he sits on his ass all day long.

On the other hand I like all the female body sizes.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    2 is normal.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    Well the male models looks more normal than the female ones. The "fattest" female model is slightly above average size imo.
    Male #3 looks like he could back off the 'roids... female models are all about the ass... though I am not quite sure about your average size .... 5/6 and 113 looks normal to me, not sure what you consider normal.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Have you not seen type 2 topless ? MMMM

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you not seen type 2 topless ? MMMM
    This being said, im surprised this was the first time that anything even remotely related to "nude mod" has been said.

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    completely agree - except for one being taller than the other, you can barely see a difference.

male 1 and 2 looks pretty much the same to me. male 3 is my favorite - i've never played male toons in wow because none of them ever looked good. in star wars most of my toons are males - because their butts look so nice in the tight pants.

i suppose that's why all the female models are all thin - bioware thinks that men will only want to look at those character models? regardless it's still a double standard that there is a male model that is heavy, but none of the females are. not all men like twigs....

Character customization could definitely benefit from a slider of sorts for body weight/height.

Three looks fine once you get gear. I used to think 3 was wayyyyy too buff but it looks just fine in gear.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Three looks fine once you get gear. I used to think 3 was wayyyyy too buff but it looks just fine in gear.
    I felt that way as well. however, A type 3 Commando decked out in the top-end gear looks amazing.

All my characters are male 2. It does seem like there is an option missing between 2 and 3. 2 is the closest to average but it's quite a jump between skinning and buff. Bothers me more that all the guys wear skin tight pants. But this is more my gf's fault because I never would have even noticed if she hadn't made a comment about the effort put into the model's toned ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Drek View Post
    Bothers me more that all the guys wear skin tight pants. .
    like i said earlier.. that's exactly why i like it - it's nice to have something for the ladies to look at too