It´s worth cast Bane of Agony on trash?

Edit Title: It´worth cast Bane of Agony on trash and on multi-dot fights?

For Demonology Warlocks:
    I saw some demo warlock POV and I don't see any of them cast BOA on a multi-dot fight such as Warlord hc, Warmaster, Madness.

Tbh I think I miss understood the utility of BOA... Which best time to use BOA if exists one?

I'm asking that because when I dot a target that isn't the main target I use Corruption,Immolate,BOA. I'm doing it right?
    Some feedback would be appreciate.

The way I understand it, BoA low enough damage that when multidotting you typically only immolate and corruption. I don't have exact DPET values but I *know* that BoA is lower DPET than immolate and corruption.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Well so why don´t cast the 3 spells? True can be low on damage but damage it's damage right?

Deleted
    You don't have time to put up all your dots on every target, dots needs to be refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwoop View Post
    You don't have time to put up all your dots on every target, dots needs to be refreshed.
    This is true also, if you're multidotting a boss and an add on an exactly 2 target fight, then maybe *maybe* its worth it, but as the number of adds increases to 3-4 (too low for hellfire, not sure about other spec aoes), it is definitely not worth the extra gcd on each.

Another reason is because its damage is not equal throughout its duration on a per tick basis, if you cast a BoA and it doesn't go for it's full duration, it will have even *lower* DPET.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly ahead of SB and Incinerate, depending on your chosen flavour of filler, but it's very rare adds will live long enough to see out it's duration.

So from what I read on this post no point to use BOA? Just go with Immolate and Corruption...

If it's like that, which it´s their utility for PVE, noone? Or it' s only good for bosses such as Council and Valiona/Theralion/ Warmaster when you can benift from their full duration.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-01-06 at 05:45 PM.

My personal trash example: 3 mobs 2M+ hps each, 1 unmarked one skull one cross. As destro I have bane of havok on the unmarked one, BoA+immolate+corruption on skull, normal rotation on cross. Generally i use BoA if the mobs will stay up long enough.
    Ship scenario: BoH on right dragon, BoD+immolate+corruption on left dragon (rest ranges hit that cause we have enough dps I only help if need be), normal rotation on dreadblade, BoA+immolate+corruption on the other add (refresh immo+corruption, if BoA drops ah well).
    On 4+ mobs yes the DPET is too low so what the people above said.

If this is just for demo locks then my suggestion is to have either destro or affl for the ship at least.
    Last edited by Bidis; 2012-01-06 at 06:46 PM.

The demo lock you saw doing this was doing heroic hagara, they were using bane of agony (showed by the dots on the nameplates) was because they were running from the icewave.. you don't really have time for much more than instant casts. So shadowflame, corrupt and bane of agony were the best options for taking down the nodes holding up the shield.

Instant casts like that for drakes flying overhead on gunship were probably done for the same reason, you can do it at the start of the fight before the other adds drop on the ship.

On maddness, I can assume a demo lock was messing around with bane of agony because it scales with the 20% haste buff which honestly I hadn't thought of trying. Can anyone else give any feedback on whether it would actually trump bane of doom as demo? I'd think it wouldn't.. maybe i'm wrong.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2012-01-06 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    On maddness, I can assume a demo lock was messing around with bane of agony because it scales with the 20% haste buff which honestly I hadn't thought of trying. Can anyone else give any feedback on whether it would actually trump bane of doom as demo? I'd think it wouldn't.. maybe i'm wrong.
    BoA will only out damage BoD after 100% haste, ie, flying on Alysrazor, or maybe during madness BL or haste proc. However if the target wont survive for a min, then just BoA it....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    BoA will only out damage BoD after 100% haste, ie, flying on Alysrazor, or maybe during madness BL or haste proc. However if the target wont survive for a min, then just BoA it....
    For 15 seconds, not a min.

Anyway, for example, on Zon'ozz's trash I use BoA, Corruption and Immolation on all adds except the Claw, that gets BoD. They all live through multiple BoAs, and I find it to be a dps gain over only doing Corruption and Immolation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post

Anyway, for example, on Zon'ozz's trash I use BoA, Corruption and Immolation on all adds except the Claw, that gets BoD. They all live through multiple BoAs, and I find it to be a dps gain over only doing Corruption and Immolation.
    This. The problem with BoA is the building damage, stuff needs to really outlast it to be worth the cast to ensure it takes those big final ticks; but when you know that's going to happen, it is worth the cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    My bad, cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely sure what the DPET of BoA is, but I usually only multidot with it when I know the full duration of it is going to be utilized. As the damage of the spell ramps up over time, the first half is pretty weak.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

If your Bane Of Doom can get atleast 2 tiks its better than 1 full BoA. On trash i wouldn't really bother about it since its trash so yeah...... on multidot fights it surely is worth it ( especially as affi ) since you can have BoA on mutiple targets and BoD cant do this.