Yes!!!! Cross-realm instance grouping is coming via Real-ID (and soon Battle Tag)!

Is anybody not thrilled by this long-overdue development? I for one have wanted to join friend groups to run raid instances with for ages! Way to go Blizzard!!!!

im sure you will get posts on how it will ruin the community some more other other mindless qq shite, but ye cross realm raiding is quite a good thing imo.

Deleted
    Then I need more friends tu raid with

As long as they don't allow it for current-tier content I'm pumped to see this happen.

The reason I don't think we should ever see it for current-tier content is because it could completely mess up progression on individual realms. When people get their alts/friends to carry their guilds through content, or even higher-end guilds selling their services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next try to avoid servermerges......

About time. It's too bad I went back Alliance and all my friends are Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    im sure you will get posts on how it will ruin the community some more other other mindless qq shite
    Bang, right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Now I can finish my ulduar 25 man achivments. On my realm its pretty much dead.

This Battle-Tag thing is basically Real-ID with using a nickname instead of you real name, right? If so, what's the actual purpose of this in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    This Battle-Tag thing is basically Real-ID with using a nickname instead of you real name, right? If so, what's the actual purpose of this in WoW?
    So you can add people on other servers without giving away your real name, which some people are uncomfortable with? That's honestly just a guess, I really don't much about it.

OT: My brother and I are just excited to do old raids together. We raid on different servers, but we both love running old raids, so it gets to be some more bonding time for us
    You know nothing of the crunch!

I'm excited. Perhaps I can actually get my ICC25 runs filled up for a change.

Like a poster said above it is to try save on realm merges, the next step will be cross realm guilds so players don't have to xfer off low pop realms.

Not saying it's a bad feature but blizzard will do anything to prevent server merges which will definitely send out the signals that the game is on a downhill slope.

seems like a good idea.. now i jus need 24 friends in my DS lfr raid so i can get the polearm off madness easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    offering at least some more servers free transfers doesn't fit their financial politics anyways so this is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Now I can finish my ulduar 25 man achivments. On my realm its pretty much dead.
    I doubt it will be for old instances, Im pretty sure its just for Looking for raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I doubt it will be for old instances, Im pretty sure its just for Looking for raid.
    It will include classic raids (worded to suggest any previous tier raid, not just original WoW raids) according to the announcement, but it won't add a LFR system for them as far as I can tell. It will allow you to group with Real ID friends on other realms and port to the same raid instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Quote from the main page:
    We previously introduced the ability to form cross-realm parties with Real ID friends, and now with Patch 4.3.2, we're adding the ability for players to use that same functionality to form raids to run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds!

This will allow you to join up with your Real ID friends from other realms and:•Form a cross-realm raid and use Raid Finder
    •Jump in to any classic dungeon or raid and be automatically placed in the same instance
    •Join forces and dominate the Battlegrounds

Please note, you will not yet be able to run normal or Heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm Real ID raids.

That means we will be able to do EVERYTHING with real id ppl exept the normal and hc dragon soul.

I wish we had this when we were still playing wow, our guild used to sell mount and title runs back in Ulduar and ICC days. We had a lot of cross realm interest so we would of made even more gold.