Poll: What are you doing in the meantime?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been playing LoL and school, lots of school
    Hanging with the GF and friends a lot too, they are all warned I will be out of touch when this game is released lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    It seems like a pretty cool game, saw some coverage and some demo's!
    Thing is, I LOVE the art style. If you watch some of Steparu's videos on TERA, he does tours of the landscapes. It really is a gorgeous game. The visuals are amazing. Sadly, the gameplay is a bit dated. Not the combat mind you, that is more action oriented than GW2. The crafting suffers from terrible RNG and the political system seems like it could suffer from greifers pretty easily. Last I heard, one of the people in charge could imprison someone else. Mind you, this is a sub based game. You are paying a fee and some jerk can put your character in jail for a set period of time? I don't know if that has changed since I heard it last, but that simple fact makes that part of the game unacceptable to me.

But again with the aesthetics and art design, the weapons and armor are all amazing, tailored by armor type to fit each specific race and gender, the armor variety is very high. I also really loved the Aman. They had dragon blood in them and they were pretty burly. Even the women. I liked their lore and appearance a lot. That is why the political system crap and the constant delays turned me off to the game. I would love to give them another chance, but I worry.

There was also a huge deal about one of the races, which is actually 2 different races from the same area that are split along gender lines. See, the males are fey anthro morphs that are created by the females that look like little girls with animal ears and tails. Though they looked like little girls, in the lore they are immortal fey creatures, so appearance are very deceptive. Even their attitudes were not befitting cute little girls. However, people freaked out that what appeared to be loli's were dressing in dresses and skirts that sometimes didn't go below crotch level. That and the Castanics, which are part demon, dress in very revealing clothing. It really is amazing the outrage some people had about it and I believe they have changed the armors for at least the north america release so they aren't nearly as revealing. If it wasn't for the fact that I have seen the armor already and think it is mostly fine since not all of the armor is revealing I am actually really disappointed in their decision to add more clothing to cover up all the skin.

I am trying for the beta hoping that a lot of what I recall has gone in a way that is more to my liking instead of what I fear is the truth. I really had high hopes for this game, but it came out in korea about a year ago, March of '11, and was successful at first but has had a pretty bad falling out since. There are many speculations why. I think because it has a more western playstyle than koreans are used to, however the constant delays to bring it to the US are not helping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bunch of games that i got from steam during the holidays sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    Bunch of games that I got from steam during the holidays sales.
    I've tried that.
    I play them for an hour, realise they're not GW2, get bored and never play them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I've tried that.
    I play them for an hour, realise they're not GW2, get bored and never play them again.
    My advice Mif...relive an old classic I've played FF7 and a bit of warcraft2 recently to pass the time And, ofc, recently got GW Just got past ascalon searing at lvl 9

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Thing is, I LOVE the art style. If you watch some of Steparu's videos on TERA, he does tours of the landscapes. It really is a gorgeous game. The visuals are amazing. Sadly, the gameplay is a bit dated. Not the combat mind you, that is more action oriented than GW2. The crafting suffers from terrible RNG and the political system seems like it could suffer from greifers pretty easily. Last I heard, one of the people in charge could imprison someone else. Mind you, this is a sub based game. You are paying a fee and some jerk can put your character in jail for a set period of time? I don't know if that has changed since I heard it last, but that simple fact makes that part of the game unacceptable to me.
    Yeah i'll play the beta but probably won't bother with any P2P games anymore. I think GW2 will keep me going

btw i just noticed Dead Space 1 and 2 are both on sale for 5 dollars through Steam right now.

Both are definitely worth playing, and especially for just 5 bucks. Offer's only good till the end of tomorrow.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    I chose "Real life stuff" but all I seem to be doing is reading this forum...

Just sitting here, with the screen off in the dark waiting

I try not to think bout it, from time to time I read some new info bout it, talk bout it to my friends (quite a lot of them will be getting it 100%) to introduce them. With success Im "recruiting" more friends to have interest and try GW2 out.
    And obviously I play other games still (WoW, soon done with it - once GW2 is out), BF3, L4D2, GTA4, SC2 and such.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-01-15 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xownlol View Post
    Just sitting here, with the screen off in the dark waiting
    hahaha, too funny. the way you made that sound was as if you were stalking GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    I try not to think bout it, from time to time I read some new info bout it, talk bout it to my friends (quite a lot of them will be getting it 100%) to introduce them. With success Im "recruiting" more friends to have interest and try GW2 out.
    nice man, all i need to do to recruit my friends is be like, "there is WvWvW!" then they are like "....", then i clarify and say "it's like DAoC Rv...", "I'M IN!"
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2012-01-15 at 01:47 PM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Im excited for this game f2p is a huge selling point for me. If it's any good at all I will be playing gw2. Unlike one mmo's followers I can play and enjoy and look forward to another mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    Im excited for this game f2p is a huge selling point for me. If it's any good at all I will be playing gw2. Unlike one mmo's followers I can play and enjoy and look forward to another mmo.
    Yeah but I do plan on spending money on the micro-transactions

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    nice man, all i need to do to recruit my friends is be like, "there is WvWvW!" then they are like "....", then i clarify and say "it's like DAoC Rv...", "I'M IN!"
    I actually show em few vids (with one being top ten reasons to be interested, few gameplay ones), link to mass info thread on mmo-c/neogaf and show few artworks and screenshots. Thats usually enough. I never go with short shit like "There is WvWvW!" I dont sell it to them that they have to buy it, I show them that it could catch their interest and thats pretty much it.
    Ill have quite a few friends trying it out, some of em got really excited over GW2.
    Also to note: No sub fee is least of their interest (its a plus, but its not even a seller point at all - at times Id have to show them a vid bout subs cuz they might go "but no fee... will suck then"), Id tell em it has no sub fee at the end (or they read bout it on their own).
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-01-15 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    My advice Mif...relive an old classic I've played FF7 and a bit of warcraft2 recently to pass the time And, ofc, recently got GW Just got past ascalon searing at lvl 9
    Doing this too, for some reason. Newer games aren't that attractive to me, lol.
    Re-installed Portal 1 & 2, Sanitarium, and playing BG2 along with those.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Let's simply say that Skyrim came out at a really convenient time.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Scripted Sigma View Post
    Doing this too, for some reason. Newer games aren't that attractive to me, lol.
    Re-installed Portal 1 & 2, Sanitarium, and playing BG2 along with those.
    Maybe because with any newer game I'd immediately be comparing it to GW2 and ofc...nothing can. ho ho ho

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Let's simply say that Skyrim came out at a really convenient time.
    Yeah I've been on and off with that game, atm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    I actually show em few vids (with one being top ten reasons to be interested, few gameplay ones), link to mass info thread on mmo-c/neogaf and show few artworks and screenshots. Thats usually enough. I never go with short shit like "There is WvWvW!" I dont sell it to them that they have to buy it, I show them that it could catch their interest and thats pretty much it.
    Ill have quite a few friends trying it out, some of em got really excited over GW2.
    Also to note: No sub fee is least of their interest (its a plus, but its not even a seller point at all - at times Id have to show them a vid bout subs cuz they might go "but no fee... will suck then"), Id tell em it has no sub fee at the end (or they read bout it on their own).
    well, if you knew me and you knew my friends you would know why all i need to do is say that.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Reading MMO-Champion to see how Blizzard are destroying their game...