Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I'll watch some of the major questlines and the class quests but will skip through the boring go kill X of these bad guys quests or the boring planets like tatooine I skipped about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    every one in 20 quests yes it might be like the one you mentioned BUT the majority of quest have interesting story line behind!!
    Actually, it's almost every standalone quest. Try this: pick up a quest, choose some responses, then press Esc before the dialogue ends. Now pick it up again and choose different responses. What you choose will only change the next sentence the NPC says, and the rest of the dialogue will remain the same. It was obviously done this way to reduce the amount of dialogue that needed to be recorded, but it's nonetheless noticeable.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I only space past alien jabber... after I read the subtitles. Cuz I ain't got time for no jibba-jabba!

It'd be different if the spoken "language" audio at least tried to match up to the phrasing and pacing of the subtitled text, but it's just looped samples of meaningless rambling that "sounds" alien.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

The only thing I don't like after playing some time: Repetitive use of the same sample.
    It's okay if the same "I'll see what I can do." sample is used once every planet or once every 3 hours of gameplay. But it drives me mad when it happens once every dialogue to 3 NPCs in a row.

I skip all starting zone dialogue and side-quest talk up to Tatooine as I've seen/read them at least 5 times already (3 times on republic side) from beta and rerolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only space bar through alien dialog, because it sounds like a bunch of grunting haha. Anyways if you want to spacebar through everything, then you have the right to do so, but honestly I would get bored. No matter what you say it's certainly better to listen to someone explain to you what is going on and allowing you to make a decision, than clicking on an NPC and doing a random quest just because you want some XP.

Quote Originally Posted by alikyu View Post

After playing these classes, I have begun to understand how they put all these cutscenes together and realize how generic much of the non-class stories and responses are. The dialogue feels especially cheap when your character uses the same phrase for a certain type of response.

When "Okay, fine" translates to "Anything's better than dealing with this guilt trip" for the umpteenth time, the experience is somewhat ruined.
    Very good point and you'll start to notice this by level 25. Needs more consequences for your choices as well. Usually you can just say whatever you want and get the same response.

Quote Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
    Actually, it's almost every standalone quest. Try this: pick up a quest, choose some responses, then press Esc before the dialogue ends. Now pick it up again and choose different responses. What you choose will only change the next sentence the NPC says, and the rest of the dialogue will remain the same. It was obviously done this way to reduce the amount of dialogue that needed to be recorded, but it's nonetheless noticeable.
    Well also at the end of the day, it's a quest. They need to tell you what to do, the reason etc. And while you have the option to decline it, you're still going to eventually have to accept the quest and get rewards for doing the quest, so they can't deviate form that format too much. Plus they need to cater it to multiple players/play styles. I could see it now "I was mean to so and so and now he won't give me my rewards or xp!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gone through every cutscene for side quests but i still listen to them cos they react differentally to each of my toons. So i enjoy them all still