LFR/Normal/ Heroic Idea to Make it Better For Everyone

I got this idea after seeing some people complain that they dont really feel like they are progressing in normal and heroic if they already cleared the raid in 2 hours on LFR. So I came up with this idea.

It is very similar to heroic only bosses, however this includes normal/heroic only bosses, and heroic only bosses. Each raid made, all the main raid bosses (that would be considered the content a casual player would like to see, like killing Deathwing or Cho'gall, not ones likes Sinestra and such) would be available on LFR, while the non-main ones would be turned into normal/heroic mode only, and 1-2 of the hardest non-main ones (or added purely for heroic only) would be heroic only. This would not be used for 1-3 boss raids, only for the medium-large raids, the LFR would typically have 7-9 bosses, Normal 10-13, Heroic 12-14

The bosses wouldn't have to be at the very end, they could be anywhere in the raid. And to make up for their lack of being there are different difficulties, blizz could either (do any of these depending on the boss)
    1.Replace the boss with some extra trash
    2.Make it a side room blocked off if on the wrong difficulty for it
    3.Block off the bosses room if it can't be a side room
    4.Leave that area empy (could only work for a select few bosses)]
    5.Put the normal/heroic only bosses on a route that players wouldn't usually go on LFR, that is more of a background but still accessible area

I will use a couple raids as examples and what they would possibly be like if done like this. This is also taking what loot bosses drop out of the equation since blizz would make it you could get the main pieces you needed on Normal mode from all the normal mode bosses (LFR they dont need that, since it's for seeing the content, loot is a nice bonus gift from blizz)

ICC
    LFR Bosses: Marrowgar, Gunship, Saurfang, Professor Putricide, Blood Council, Blood Queen, Sindragrosa, Lich King
    Deathwhisper's Room: In Lady Deathwhispers place would be extra trash mobs called Cultist Recruiters, or something similar
    Rotface and Festergut's Rooms: The hallway you take would have the two paths to their roomss blocked off by walls, so there is one path to putricides room.
    Valritha's Room: Blocked off, and elevator accessible at the start.

Normal Mode Bosses: Marrowgar, Gunship, Saurfang, Rotface, Festergut, Blood Council, Blood Queen, Valritha Dreamwalker, Sindragrosa, Lich King
    Deathwhisper's Room: Same as LFR

Heroic Mode Bosses: All of them

Ulduar (if Ulduar had a heroic mode, I know it just had activated hardmodes im just making examples)
    LFR Bosses: Flame Leviathen, XT, Kolgarn, Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, Thorim, Yogg-Saron
    Razerscale and Ignis Rooms: Blocked off or empty, since they are optional.
    Council room: Blocked off or empty, since it's optional.
    Auriya (forgot her name, somehting like that, Cat Lady though been a while): Just not there
    General Vezax: Not there, trash is just cleared to get to Yogg, in his place would be a random faceless mob.
    Algalon: Where he was in Normal Ulduar blocked off.

Normal Bosses: Flame Leviathen, XT, Razorscale, Ignis, Iron Council, Kolgarn, Cat Lady, Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, Thorim, General Vezax, Yogg-Saron
    Algalon: Blocked off as he always was

Heroic Bosses: All of them including Algalon

Firelands

LFR Bosses: Shannox, Alysrazor, Baleroc, Majordomu, and Ragnoras
    Bosses Not there: Blocked off

Normal Mode Bosses: Shannox, Beth'tilac, Alysrazor, Baleroc, Majordomu, and Ragnoras
    Ryolith: Blocked Off

Heroic Mode Bosses: All

Last Example, Dragon Soul

LFR Bosses: Morchok, Ultraxion, Warmaster Blackhorn, Madness and Spine of Deathwing
    Bosses Not There: You simply dont get taken to them and go straight to wyrmrest to fight ultraxion.

Normal Bosses: Morchok, Warlord Zo'nozz, Yor'sahj the Unsleeping, Ultraxion, Warmaster Blackhorn, Madness and Spine of Deathwing
    Hagara the Stormbinder: You just don't go into EoE

Heroic Bosses: All

Pros of this
    Gives more benefits/rewards besides extra stats and colors on loot for doing Normal and Heroic
    You have more of a progressive feeling going to a new difficulty because a new boss(es) await you
    Can still make long raids, while keeping LFR raids short enough for pugs
    Takes less work for Blizz (they dont have to make as many difficulties for different bosses, so they can design the heroic mode only bosses to be extremely hard in every way possible without worrying about the other settings)
    Casuals still get to see the content they would want to see, because what actual casual player (not a plain bad player) seriously cares if they kill Yor'sahj the Unsleeping or not. They didnt care they couldnt kill sinestra or algalon, most wouldn't care.

Cons of this
    Some casuals may qq for the sake of qqing because they dont get to see every boss a hardcore player gets to see

It has been stated several times the dev teams spend 100 of hours on these raids and they want the entire community to see what they spent time on. This is why LFR has come out. Although I do agree that bosses like Algalon and Sinsetra are very fun additions.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenSystm View Post
    It has been stated several times the dev teams spend 100 of hours on these raids and they want the entire community to see what they spent time on. This is why LFR has come out. Although I do agree that bosses like Algalon and Sinsetra are very fun additions.
    They do get to see it, there are a select few that normal gets to see, and only 1 boss for heroic only. The normal mode raiders get to see all but 1 (and can continue on heroic to see that 1), and LFR only raiders can see the majority of them, which is all of the big main bosses.

Let me preface the following with: I'm a heroic mode raider. 6/7 FL hc pre-nerf, rag-hc post-nerf. 5/8hc DS atm.

I DO NOT support normal/heroic ONLY bosses as that automagically removes the probability that the majority of the playerbase will see those bosses. And I say this without a personal bias in that favor as (from my prefacing statement), I would see them regardless.

I personally don't run LFR anymore (maybe once a week, but when it released I ran it at least 3times a week if not more - alts included) but based on my (purely anecdotal) experience, the 'casuals' are ffin lovin' it. The numbers unequivocally state that there are MORE of them (casuals/socials/whatnot) than there are US (serious raiders). Blizzard have done right (mostly).

Are there structural changes that could be introduced to LFR/normal/hc difficulties that improve the overall epicness of raiding? Yes, I'm sure there are. But i'm afraid that YOUR suggestion, OP, is not one of them. A Hint: Don't start any suggestion that would implicitly exclude people from seeing content based on difficulty, that is no longer viable.

A possibility would be to introduce a very heavy gating mechanism to LFR, similar to how 'The Fall' wasn't added till week two. This would allow a greater time frame in which players can 'complete' normal/heroic difficulty before getting to see all of it in LFR. Make it take 1-2 MONTHS for every boss to be released and people will be more and more hooked. This also allows (most likely) for even heroic world firsts to occur before the raid is 'completed' in LFR difficult. I'm sure there are loads more possibilities that are even more viable/likely improvements over the current system bu DO NOT EXCLUDE anyone from seeing content based on their raiding-difficulty choices.

Deleted
    Maybe just me, but i fail the see the purpose with this ??
    They've talked about adding old raids to lfr.
    With lfr you have 3 difficaulty levels, lfr, normal and heroic.
    Why would you want to do heroic lfr bosses ?
    The natural step would be lfr-> normal mode ? (and if you feel butthurt about seeing the "content" in 2 hours, dont do it, start with normal ?..)

Kudos for the effort i guess

The point of LFR is to make all the content accessible for everyone. With this in mind, you want to block off half of the bosses in LFR?

I'm cool with something like Sinestra/Algalon. But blocking off bosses which are part of the story of the zone? No thanks. Bad, bad, bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I got this idea after seeing some people complain that they dont really feel like they are progressing in normal and heroic if they already cleared the raid in 2 hours on LFR. So I came up with this idea.

It is very similar to heroic only bosses, however this includes normal/heroic only bosses, and heroic only bosses. Each raid made, all the main raid bosses (that would be considered the content a casual player would like to see, like killing Deathwing or Cho'gall, not ones likes Sinestra and such) would be available on LFR, while the non-main ones would be turned into normal/heroic mode only, and 1-2 of the hardest non-main ones (or added purely for heroic only) would be heroic only. This would not be used for 1-3 boss raids, only for the medium-large raids, the LFR would typically have 7-9 bosses, Normal 10-13, Heroic 12-14

The bosses wouldn't have to be at the very end, they could be anywhere in the raid. And to make up for their lack of being there are different difficulties, blizz could either (do any of these depending on the boss)
    1.Replace the boss with some extra trash
    2.Make it a side room blocked off if on the wrong difficulty for it
    3.Block off the bosses room if it can't be a side room
    4.Leave that area empy (could only work for a select few bosses)]
    5.Put the normal/heroic only bosses on a route that players wouldn't usually go on LFR, that is more of a background but still accessible area

I will use a couple raids as examples and what they would possibly be like if done like this. This is also taking what loot bosses drop out of the equation since blizz would make it you could get the main pieces you needed on Normal mode from all the normal mode bosses (LFR they dont need that, since it's for seeing the content, loot is a nice bonus gift from blizz)

ICC
    LFR Bosses: Marrowgar, Gunship, Saurfang, Professor Putricide, Blood Council, Blood Queen, Sindragrosa, Lich King
    Deathwhisper's Room: In Lady Deathwhispers place would be extra trash mobs called Cultist Recruiters, or something similar
    Rotface and Festergut's Rooms: The hallway you take would have the two paths to their roomss blocked off by walls, so there is one path to putricides room.
    Valritha's Room: Blocked off, and elevator accessible at the start.

Normal Mode Bosses: Marrowgar, Gunship, Saurfang, Rotface, Festergut, Blood Council, Blood Queen, Valritha Dreamwalker, Sindragrosa, Lich King
    Deathwhisper's Room: Same as LFR

Heroic Mode Bosses: All of them

Ulduar (if Ulduar had a heroic mode, I know it just had activated hardmodes im just making examples)
    LFR Bosses: Flame Leviathen, XT, Kolgarn, Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, Thorim, Yogg-Saron
    Razerscale and Ignis Rooms: Blocked off or empty, since they are optional.
    Council room: Blocked off or empty, since it's optional.
    Auriya (forgot her name, somehting like that, Cat Lady though been a while): Just not there
    General Vezax: Not there, trash is just cleared to get to Yogg, in his place would be a random faceless mob.
    Algalon: Where he was in Normal Ulduar blocked off.

Normal Bosses: Flame Leviathen, XT, Razorscale, Ignis, Iron Council, Kolgarn, Cat Lady, Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, Thorim, General Vezax, Yogg-Saron
    Algalon: Blocked off as he always was

Heroic Bosses: All of them including Algalon

Firelands

LFR Bosses: Shannox, Alysrazor, Baleroc, Majordomu, and Ragnoras
    Bosses Not there: Blocked off

Normal Mode Bosses: Shannox, Beth'tilac, Alysrazor, Baleroc, Majordomu, and Ragnoras
    Ryolith: Blocked Off

Heroic Mode Bosses: All

Last Example, Dragon Soul

LFR Bosses: Morchok, Ultraxion, Warmaster Blackhorn, Madness and Spine of Deathwing
    Bosses Not There: You simply dont get taken to them and go straight to wyrmrest to fight ultraxion.

Normal Bosses: Morchok, Warlord Zo'nozz, Yor'sahj the Unsleeping, Ultraxion, Warmaster Blackhorn, Madness and Spine of Deathwing
    Hagara the Stormbinder: You just don't go into EoE

Heroic Bosses: All

Pros of this
    Gives more benefits/rewards besides extra stats and colors on loot for doing Normal and Heroic
    You have more of a progressive feeling going to a new difficulty because a new boss(es) await you
    Can still make long raids, while keeping LFR raids short enough for pugs
    Takes less work for Blizz (they dont have to make as many difficulties for different bosses, so they can design the heroic mode only bosses to be extremely hard in every way possible without worrying about the other settings)
    Casuals still get to see the content they would want to see, because what actual casual player (not a plain bad player) seriously cares if they kill Yor'sahj the Unsleeping or not. They didnt care they couldnt kill sinestra or algalon, most wouldn't care.

Cons of this
    Some casuals may qq for the sake of qqing because they dont get to see every boss a hardcore player gets to see

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhm
    yea i'd very much like this change actually. Altho i do believe heroic mode and normal mode should see the same bosses.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .