Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think if it weren't for wow making the horde popular, I doubt many would have tried Sith.
    Interestingly, I tried Sith first; created and leveled almost every class for the first week after the release. Even though it was the faction that I really wanted to be part of, I decided that I didn't like to be one. Pretending to be a light side Sith in a universe of dark sided ideas wasn't for me. I don't think the Sith community was any more mature/immature than the Republic side though, but again this was early game access days, things might have changed since then...

To me it really seems like they put more effort into the Empire side in general.

I don't really think it's that people want to be 'evil' but more that any early reviews of the game stated that Empire stories were much more compelling. And it's true.

Darth Vader is just more popular than say Lukelol or Obi-wan. The light side has like 1 cool character in Han Solo, and he's not a force user. The dark side is just plain better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Darth Vader is just more popular than say Lukelol or Obi-wan. The light side has like 1 cool character in Han Solo, and he's not a force user. The dark side is just plain better.
    I like the character of Luke if you look beyond just the movies. Even in the movies he has very dark tendencies, and then in the expanded universe he even gets turned briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    I like the character of Luke if you look beyond just the movies. Even in the movies he has very dark tendencies, and then in the expanded universe he even gets turned briefly.
    Eh just about everyone with the surname Skywalker seems to get turned and redeemed eventually in movie or EU, just a matter of when; for Vader, it took 20+ years, for Luke, what a book or so?

15+ Year Old Account
    Empire has Bounty Hunters which are pretty much the epitome of coolness. Republic mirror class is simply a Trooper. Just another grunt, nothing special about them really (though there story is kinda nice but overall the hunter has more appeal I think).

On top of Hunters Empire also has the Imperial Agent that pretty much plays like a KGB secret agent / Evil James Bond which has a lot of appeal.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I doubt it has much to do with WoW at all. Star Wars has it's own fan base, and the previous games and story lines probably play more of a role than you're (OP) giving them credit for.

I have toons on both sides...as I did when I played WoW. I prefer Sith at this point because I found the story lines more engaging, but I've noticed that some of the Jedi classes feel more powerful, especially at low levels. Maybe it's just me.

I'm one though that is playing this after having played WoW for years...and my decision of what to play had zero to do with similarity to Horde or Alliance.