Deleted

Help our warlock guildie perform better!

Hello.
    I would love to ask a favour from you warlock people, i know you're ussualy evil etc. but i could use youre help on this subject.
    We are a semi hardcore raiding guild that 2 nights a week, we are on the level that if we raided 5 days a week we would have been progressing on spine as we speak. everybody knows his class and are willing to listen to eachother for tips etc. because most have other class knowledge aswell. HOWEVER
    There is one warlock named Akisto, hes a great fellow and he knows his class HOWEVER for some reason he always ends up last @ the damage meter, we've already "trained" him or showed him what he did wrong on fights like Yorsajh heroic, ( we're 2/8HC atm ) His gear is good to decent but for some reason he doesnt pull the damage equal to his gear. and since most of us dont know warlock rotations i'm turning to you guys for some help.

The following link is an older WoL ( 3-4 days ) But the reason im linking this its because it has most bosses on it and he hasn't gotten any significant gear upgrades this reset.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1qfxjh40poctjjfh/

I hope you can help us/me out!!!

Well my advice is to either have him try a different spec or look at alternative issues that could be affecting dps. Some times people pause even so much as for a second or two from one thing to another. Even that slightest second can be costly. The best thing you can do is sit him in front of some dummies and play target switch. Then when you ask him to switch to a different target count how long before that new target takes damage. That small little space of time can be a surprising large dps loss but fortunately that is easily fixed with proper target priorities and use of select spells in the right occasion. If he is demo on a single target fight than get him to aff or destro cause demo is just too badly nerfed right now to be a top raiding spec.

If it is a slowdown issue just remind him to speed up with this quote from die hard, "Next time you have a chance to kill someone, don't hesitate."

Deleted
    There can be a couple of reasons for his sub-par dps:

- Not spamming his buttons hard enough (cutting latency)
    - Unaware of dot mechanisms (What applies in between ticks and what doesn't? Such as spellpower increases versus crit-debuffs)
    - Unaware of his spellpriorities (His UA has a 89% uptime on Baleroc, I don't play affliction, but this sounds bad)
    - He's affliction
    - Unaware of haste caps (notice plural) and overall stat priorities
    - Unaware that any 0.1 second he's not casting is an enormeous dps loss
    - Poor cooldown tracking, using cooldowns and alligning them is important.

Myself found it hard as affliction for single target dps. As affliction i was pushing around 27k dps but soon as i went destru im now pushing 33k dps (390 ilvl and this is on ultrax, do sub 40k with bane of havoc being able o be used).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eursoul/simple

It's more than likely the spec or the gear a few important things is Obv Hagara's weapon being Insanely good (upgrading jaina's staff to cataclysmic wep since hagaras staff wont drop i saw a 3k dps increase) and the 4set 10% more spellpower every 35seconds (45sec soulburn 10sec duration techically 35sec cd).

Your friends armoury link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Akisto/simple

Personally, its his weapon and trinkets. Outgears me also has the 2set of tier 12 (never raided FL on this char leveled it recently). Personally this is just opinion keeping havoc on tentacle and killing corruption on DW (Only did LFR not in guilds main run so nly 7/8 normal) pushing 70k dps on LFR would say somewhere in 40k's DS10.

Again its probably just spec, hes out dpsing my affliction :P

I would say gear, if you compare him to the other lock who has a legendary. I don't have thier armories so I cant say for sure the gear discrepency. He has a higher uptime on his dots then the other lock and more shadow bolts, but less haunts. I would say he probably has a significantly lower uptime on his haunts. The dps isnt too bad but alot of his low dmg is resultant of him dying first on almost every attempt. Tell him to glyph soul link for better survivability. Your legendary lock also blows up the adds pretty fast probably before akisto's multidotting can take effect.

Thats all I can tell you with the information given.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see Akisto listed in the world of logs you linked. Am I missing something?

I grabbed another one of your logs and from when I was raid leading I found this site to be invaluable for getting a good overview of what was happening in our raids on a per player basis: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4f0b3...1a00007f#buffs. One of the things that you can see here is use of pots, potential mistakes and class skills. On top of his dot uptimes this might help you get a picture if he is missing some things.

I'm generally not one to comment on these threads because I get distracted by shiny things so don't feel right about giving advice usually. Gear-wise, if I remember correctly only socket for bonus if it's a +20 int slot, unless you're trying to hit one of the haste caps (one of his rings), and he can also get away with reforging some of his hit to haste or back to crit (you can get away with %16+ percent right now), either way he's over by .26% and can probably get a little more umph out of getting rid of that.

Spell wise, on that baleroc fight UA uptime was a little low and that can hurt (could be a result from spec maybe? have him try filling out pandemic and drop fel synergy). Also from looking at your logs compared to your other lock his drain soul uptime is low. Maybe giving him a <25% warning indicator would help a bit? Personally I have a power auras set up to yell at me if I forget.

Like a couple others said it could be his reaction times. Affliction can be really pissy about that (although I don't know how it compares to other specs, I'm an affliction snob and am stubborn enough that I refuse to be another spec). Best advice is look at what your other lock is doing different (uptimes, rotation, stats, etc.) and if you can equalize those and he's still low, he broke wow.

That's all I got, hopefully I was helpful and didn't say anything too stupid.

For reforging stuff I use www.wowreforge.com quick and simple and has worked for me so far.
    Last edited by evoco; 2012-01-09 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For more help, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...efore-posting) is where you should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I don't see Akisto listed in the world of logs you linked. Am I missing something?
    Lol I know OP posted the wrong link but I found the H Yorsaj attempts without much difficulty.