Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cabreil View Post
    I didn't get this at all. Maybe it's because WoW wasn't the first game I played with shaman and warriors though. None of the terrain made me think of ZG or ZA. This person could be making a joke but an odd one if so.
    No he isn't making a joke, I actually got that ZG feel when running through Athis too, it almost felt out of place for the Star Wars universe, granted it's nowhere near as charming as ZG was but it still reminded me of it

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    People only think Blizz is a reference because they are too stupid and/or lazy to look into the context and see the word Blizz and think "OMFG BLIZZRD EASTER EGG LOLOLOL"
    Don't agree with you, everyone is stupid, I get it now!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    From the first time I ever ran it, I always thought Athiss was kind of a tribute to WoW - with its Hunters, Shaman, and Warriors. The whole instance has kind of a WoW-ish "troll instance" feel to it as well... reminded me a lot of the Zul'Aman/Zul'Gurub instances.
    I cant say that I get any WoW or troll feeling at all from Athiss, but I will most definitly look for it next time I do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynon View Post
    There are quite a few, especially with the quotes:

"Go with honor."

"Death to all who oppose us."

There are more, but it's early this morning....can't think, lol.
    As long as no-one says in a voice that cracks "SUFFER MORTALS! AS YOUR PATHETIC MAGIC BETRAYS YOU!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    Lololol. "No."

Who is this guy? The fun police? Let speculation happen, and ease up on the haterade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    When I first saw it ingame I lol'd so hard on vent

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Don't agree with you, everyone is stupid, I get it now!
    Its more like, don't agree with logic and fact, they are stupid.

I would be surprised if you got that.

"Go with honor."

Aren't those lines used in a number of things?

Because there are many nicknames that have to do/ could go along with a snowstorm.... wait a minute.
    Its more like, don't agree with logic and fact, they are stupid.

I would be surprised if you got that.
    Because it is Logic and fact that and easter egg can NEVER be woven into a story. It can not be a clever pun, but ALWAYS has to be out of place with no context.... wait a minute

I would be surprised if you got that
    "Peace is a lie"

"Go with honor."

And the whole " OMG DRAGOON IS WOW LAWL"

let's get this straight:

Those quotes are quite commonly used if you actually read some books. Seriously.. a few words must mean that it's a WoW reference? Pathetic.

As for the Dragoons: WoW stole the name "Dragoon" From FFXI, which stole it from something called. Who the hell cares.

Are you people getting so desperate that every word seems to refer to WoW. Why.. seriously, why.

Quote Originally Posted by cabreil View Post
    I didn't get this at all. Maybe it's because WoW wasn't the first game I played with shaman and warriors though. None of the terrain made me think of ZG or ZA. This person could be making a joke but an odd one if so.
    I also felt a troll feeling from the outside, with the ruins and stuff, not to mention some god worshiped beast which is the basis of all most every troll raid / instance. But other then outside not much.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post

let's get this straight:

Those quotes are quite commonly used if you actually read some books. Seriously.. a few words must mean that it's a WoW reference? Pathetic.

As for the Dragoons: WoW stole the name "Dragoon" From FFXI, which stole it from something called. Who the hell cares.

Are you people getting so desperate that every word seems to refer to WoW. Why.. seriously, why.
    For someone who is calling someone out, you made a huge mistake, Dragoon is a real thing, look it up.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-01-09 at 06:26 PM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    They said they were not doing easter eggs, but calling a little greedy jawa Blizz is too much of a coincidence.
    Actually they have a lot of Easter eggs, but they are less blatant than WOW Easter eggs. Many of these Easter eggs also reference other Star Wars material.

I have seen at least 10 jokes based on the Movies, A Wookie playing cards with a protocol droid with its arms removed. A guy on Alderaan saying that it would better to blow Alderaan up than to give in to the Empire. So yes Easter eggs, also if you played other Bioware games there are a few references to other games.

If you are playing Imperial you have seen the Mako (Mass Effect) there are references to Balder Gate and Dragon Age as well. I'm not counting any KOTOR references either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Blizz could be a reference
    He was called Blizz because he was so happy with snow on Hoth that started throwing it around creating a small blizzard, calling it white sand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was looking for it, seriously!

I would've really sh*t myself if I would've heard Selama ashal'anore....

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually they have a lot of Easter eggs, but they are less blatant than WOW Easter eggs. Many of these Easter eggs also reference other Star Wars material.

I have seen at least 10 jokes based on the Movies, A Wookie playing cards with a protocol droid with its arms removed. A guy on Alderaan saying that it would better to blow Alderaan up than to give in to the Empire. So yes Easter eggs, also if you played other Bioware games there are a few references to other games.

If you are playing Imperial you have seen the Mako (Mass Effect) there are references to Balder Gate and Dragon Age as well. I'm not counting any KOTOR references either.
    There's a quest on Empire Side called "These are the droids you're looking for"

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    I was cracking up at the alien with the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post

let's get this straight:

And FFXI "stole" the name Dragoon from Starcraft ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    From the first time I ever ran it, I always thought Athiss was kind of a tribute to WoW - with its Hunters, Shaman, and Warriors. The whole instance has kind of a WoW-ish "troll instance" feel to it as well... reminded me a lot of the Zul'Aman/Zul'Gurub instances.
    Haha, just did that flashpoint with two rl frields yesterday and they actually mentioned that they thought it looked a lot like Zul'Gurub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like people are desperately trying to find WoW in a game that is not WoW. While I dig the SNL one, whether or not it's an actual egg, I certainly hope they don't go overboard like WoW did. WoW kinda killed the fun of easter eggs.

Also OP, if anything, it's SWTOR; why you decided to put 'Old' as a lower-case letter is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Pretty much everything vendors greet you with, or say when you walk away from them is a WoW quote...