Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I've never actually played this game, for my on topic post; see above.

Was googling for a source for this thread, when I stumbled across this and just found it funny xD

http://imgur.com/fRKxS
    Yeah lets show a screenshot zoomed out so we can't see any detail. You would have to be an idiot to believe the detail is the same or worce.

(not looking at you)

Was googling for a source for this thread, when I stumbled across this and just found it funny xD

ROFLMAO -

i saw this and Lol'd

Deleted

WoW graphics on that picture is on highest, while the SW:TOR picture is on lowest, i play with the lowest settings on SW:TOR and they still look better then WoW on high. Sad story bro

Deleted
    ''my local gamestore is having a lot of people compeltely new to MMOs picking up ToR than they are Warcraft. - and a lot omoreof the mom's are preferring to by their children (and themselves) ToR too.''

Wow what a stupid thread...the source of you claims are from the ''local game shop'', not only that but the people working there are asking every person who buys TOR questions on ''are you new to mmo's'' etc....your talking bullshit.

Apart from that you are asking questions that people cant answer ''Is TOR better than WoW'' well obviously people who are leveling up in the game are going to say yes, the questing is far better in TOR, nobody as ever doubted that, the real gameplay though is at end game, thats where people will spend 99% of their time and TOR offers nothing new to WoW at endgame, so after all the nice stories and quests are done you are left playing ''wow in space''.

Dragon Soul is one of the worst raid instances Blizzard have made in recent times yet its still alot better than TOR's Eternity Vault raid instance, pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellprank View Post
    WoW graphics on that picture is on highest, while the SW:TOR picture is on lowest, i play with the lowest settings on SW:TOR and they still look better then WoW on high. Sad story bro
    Ever think it had to do with population and not graphics? sorry to tell you, but i run both at max, and it's not like TOR is shooting rainbows out of it's ass graphically, at least not when it comes to what you interact with.

Personally I think people lied and assumed much about their numbers before launch and they did not clarify it.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-01-09 at 01:59 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    That linked image is supposed to be a tongue in cheek joke guys, lighten up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellprank View Post
    I think you missed the point of that picture. It can be an amusing picture without bashing SW:TOR or WoW. Can you believe that? What a novel concept. It's not even a picture about comparing graphics, the locations just look extremely similar.

We're all MMO players, I don't get why everyone is at each others throats about new games. Some people play SW:TOR, some people play WoW, some people play Rift. Why must we condemn and flame each other for our preferences? People are different!
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2012-01-09 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I agree. I have not logged on to WoW to play since early access. But bug, lack of UI, and other issues need to be resolved fairly soon. I think there are 3 big tests for ToR
    1 Who will stay past the 30 days
    2 What happens whenDiablo comes out?
    2 What happens when MoP comes out?

Right now Cata is stale and I know my guild is done with it. 90% of our guild moved, we have over 50 members in ToR. But most have kept their subs (annual pass people) and plan on playing Diablo

So they have some time and seem to be making progress, but they don't have a lot of time

Note: posted on iPad so excuse mistakes
    about 60-80% will stay past the 30 free days (low ball) since 94% who tried the game "enjoyed" - "excellent"'d it during thanksgiving beta.

Diablo 3 is a one time payment and its content will take a weekend to clear. It does not compete with the MMO market.

MoP was received poorly compared to the previous three expansions (25-45% disliked depending on the site) so unless WoW has some new info that changes peoples minds MoP might be the last expansion before Titan.

(and if you think for a second that means I am saying wow is dead. shame on you. You know there will be a warcraft 4 and WoW 2)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Febreeze View Post
    The whole ToR v WoW debate is silly - if you like both, play both!
    30€/month vs. 15€/month is hardly silly for some people out there.

Of course people new to MMOs would flock towards the new shiny game instead of the 7 year old veteran game. Having the Star Wars label doesn't hurt either. Subscription numbers at this point don't matter because everyone is still in the free period and some may or may not have cancelled already. The important part is to see how well BioWare does maintaining the game with content updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the picture was funny because of the layout of both images not graphics or population xD

I don't think its a coincidence whoever took it, took the swtor image in a place with a chasm, two paths along either side of the chasm leading down with buildings to the sides, buildings on the left and a bride on the right xP

I thought the picture was funny because of the layout of both images not graphics or population xD

I don't think its a coincidence whoever took it, took the swtor image in a place with a chasm, two paths along either side of the chasm leading down with buildings to the sides, buildings on the left and a bride on the right xP
    THAT is an excellent point, now that i see that... LOL!!!!!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    You know there will be a warcraft 4
    Do not even joke about that
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    about 60-80% will stay past the 30 free days (low ball) since 94% who tried the game "enjoyed" - "excellent"'d it during thanksgiving beta.

Diablo 3 is a one time payment and its content will take a weekend to clear. It does not compete with the MMO market.

MoP was received poorly compared to the previous three expansions (25-45% disliked depending on the site) so unless WoW has some new info that changes peoples minds MoP might be the last expansion before Titan.

(and if you think for a second that means I am saying wow is dead. shame on you. You know there will be a warcraft 4 and WoW 2)
    I can make up numbers too.
    According to Baird Equity Research, EA and BioWare's massively multiplayer online role playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic has approximately 350,000 peak concurrent users spread across 215 servers (124 in America, 91 in Europe).
    under half a million at peek, MMO-champers think there were 1-4 million subs, what does that mean? Not a fucking thing.

Deleted
    I expect a huge drop in subs after the free month is over. We were 12 friends that started playing together, after the first week, 3 were still playing I belive at this time only 2 of the 12 are still playing. Most moved back to WoW ( I did not have a wow sub when ToR came out but after playing ToR, I resubbed to WoW ). So most of us are just waiting for our sub to run out and will never touch the game again.

Yeah i think the meaning of the picture went straight over my head lol, i get it now though heh well played!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scripted Sigma View Post
    You are forgetting WoW's age against ToR's.
    I did mention that;

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its new; No brainer, people want something to switch to and a new MMO is the most logical.

I think it's definately gaining alot of new players, but that definately doesn't translate into subscribers. I've already cancelled my sub before it even started! I enjoy the Story of SWTOR for the most part, but I really dislike the generic MMO grind which you have to get through to get to the good bits. Really wish they would've just made KOTOR 3, or at the very least made SWTOR buy to play like GW2 is going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason game stores are selling more copies of SW than WoW is simply this; WoW is a better digital purchase than it is a physical one at this time.

It is unrelated to the release of SW (mostly) as the hardcopy sales have been down for almost a year. All someone needs to do to get into WoW is grab the Free Trial CD (which isn't sold and doesn't count as a metric).

Not a SW hater-reply. Just stating the facts on it from a retailer standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Do not even joke about that
    Im not. The fact of the matter is at a certain point blizzard will have to expand their IP by adding new villains heroes conflicts lands and cities.

The easiest and fastest way to make the WoW ip not stale is the do a wc4 that takes place sometime period, maybe 20 years?, after MoP. Do an entire new game with new heroes, old friends, new enemies, old enemies... ect. Knolls...

Then you release WoW 2 with revamped graphics and a new engine based on the Wc4 and it sells 20 mil copies in the first 24 hours.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -