Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    LFR shouldn't be mandatory for high end progression guilds. We shouldn't have to run it alongside our normal raids to get geared out like we were forced to this tier. It's dumb and anti fun.
    Unless you're totally bleeding edge progression, it's not mandatory. Nice and helpful, maybe, but not mandatory.

Anyway, people whined and complained constantly about having to farm heroics each week for VP last patch. Now you have an alternative, you can boost your way to VP by doing 2 x LFRs.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    LFR should not include the later bosses of an instance.
    You do understand that part of the reason for implementing LFR is so that people can see and enjoy all the content, right?
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Some people don't get that not everybody can play this game well even if they try hard.
    WHAT?!?! Unless you have some sort of disability, all it takes is some research to learn how to play your class. This isn't starcraft where you need good decision making and fast reflexes in order to be great. Anyone can be a well-above-average WoW player if they just optimize their spec/gear, use the correct rotation, and of course don't stand in fire during fights.

Quote Originally Posted by beigemore View Post
    I wish they'd have a second LFR option for normal difficulty raiding with a higher ilvl requirement and also requiring the easy LFR achievement.
    That would be ideal. Once you've run LFR a couple of times, you've seen the content and have somewhat of an idea of the encounters. Yet unless you are in a guild that raids at times convenient to you, thats as far as you get. The best thing about LFR is the flexibility of being able to jump in and raid at any time. Being able to do that for a Normal 25 would be welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    LFR is for people that want there fancy purples that the good players that put time and effort into the game get, as well as get to do and see all the same things as them. Without putting in the work time or effort of course.
    Stop being elitist.. I have a family own my own home and have a job.. I have neither the time nor patience for full on raiding so i CHOOSE to do LFR.. If i get loot great if not there is always next week. But of course your 14.99 is more valuable than mine so I bow to you good sir

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, every reason to object to LFR is already out there because everything I've seen in this thread I've seen in at least 3 dozen other threads. If you can't come up with anything more compelling than "I don't want those people to have that sort of loot or see those bosses" and all the rest you need to just let it go.

This thread has no other point except the 'ape' thing for which a forum ban was well and truly deserved. And bringing it up over here would, in the best of all possible worlds, get you another.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR shouldn't be mandatory for high end progression guilds. We shouldn't have to run it alongside our normal raids to get geared out like we were forced to this tier. It's dumb and anti fun.
    Who is this we you are talking about 5/8 Herioc isnt high end raiding.. its certainly a lot farther than the majority of the player base but certainly not "High End Progression" and it is in no way mandatory to run who are we kidding here.. High End ran it to gain an edge for world/realm/region first otherwise meh

LFR success = NO GUILD DRAMA.

i don't raid because of the GUILD DRAMA that raiding means.

Nothing like kill DW thinking that i was the HERO withina group of 25 ppl.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're saying it was totally impossible to gear up in the new randoms to the point where you could start with normal difficulty raiding? Especially given how easy normal mode seems to be for everyone, has anyone at all considered that gearing up in LFR and then going to normals leaves you over-geared for them?

I don't believe for a minute that it was 'mandatory' to run LFR alongside normal raids. No one forced you to do anything.

Deleted
    if you have a problem with LFR, stay out..

10+ Year Old Account
    "Nothing like kill DW thinking that i was the HERO withina group of 25 ppl"

This.. why is it so hard for the community to accept that Killing DW no matter what difficulty makes a person feel like the accomplished something. .what does it matter to high end raiders that us "casuals" get to feel like we accomplished the mission

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't believe for a minute that it was 'mandatory' to run LFR alongside normal raids. No one forced you to do anything.
    Yeah, it's not mandatory at all, people just like to exaggerate to 'prove' their point.
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    New/undergeared players don’t ignore chat, berate every player for making a mistake, steal every possible piece of loot to profit from selling it or troll their raid-mates to make LFR as negative as possible.
    This 1000x's this. LFR is basically the MMO version of League of Legends, the chat and players in LFR are so toxic that if your a real honest person trying to raid, you'll want to quit WOW the day you run your first LFR. Everyone needs on everything regardless of if they need it, and the constant stream of negativity and nasty language is like a middle school playground.

A shared lockout with all DS raids and actually suspending people for being bad people (language/playstyle) is whats needed most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    It’s worrying that the real recipient of LFR is the lazy, malcontent and horrible people that seem determined to ruin it for everyone. Blizzard have put enough in place for the people who are routinely trotted out to defend its inception to get into normal mode.
    People on the low side of a faction-imbalanced servers.
    People on servers with low populations making raiding difficult-to-impossible.
    People that work at odd hours or travel and can't reliably do progression raiding.
    People with families and kids who can't do progression raiding reliably.
    People that for whatever reason, don't belong to a guild that raids (or a guild at all).
    People that want to relax for an hour with some low-to-no stress content.

All of these and more are what you call "lazy, malcontent and horrible people." Who the hell are you to classify people like this as 'apes', 'lazy', 'malcontent', and 'horrible'.

One more class of person who uses LFR: the person who would avoid people such as yourself at all cost if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vaajtswv View Post
    I agree with the one shared lock out.
    A shared lockout? that will be about as fun as when they made 10 and 25 the same difficulty

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 02:36 AM ----------

People that work at odd hours or travel and can't reliably do progression raiding.
    People that for whatever reason, don't belong to a guild that raids (or a guild at all).

All of these and more are what you call "lazy, malcontent and horrible people." Who the hell are you to classify people like this as 'apes', 'lazy', 'malcontent', and 'horrible'.

One more class of person who uses LFR: the person who would avoid people such as yourself at all cost if possible.
    A hollow argument, I am sure he refers to the trolls who delight in the act of messing with other people. Those who lack morals and manners

Quote Originally Posted by Striph View Post
    A shared lockout with all DS raids and actually suspending people for being bad people (language/playstyle) is whats needed most.
    The shared lockout is completely pointless in terms of "fixing" the terrible attitudes in LFR. In its current state, LFR gives people another option to valor cap, and gives them something to do. Make it share a lockout with normal/heroic DS and suddenly there's less "time killing" stuff for the players to do, less option for valor cap, and so on. I'm really not sure why people are pushing so hard for this. You all asked for a valor cap alternative, now you have one, you want it taken away?

As for people being rude, greedy, and so on - yes, please do something about that, that would be an extremely welcome change/fix.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 12:38 PM ----------

/wave. That's me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    A hollow argument, I am sure he refers to the trolls who delight in the act of messing with other people. Those who lack morals and manners
    There have been any number of posts from self-described high-end raiders talking about how funny it is to pull bosses, go AFK, and generally screw with people. You'd have to be blind to have not seen them. Bad behavior is bad behavior, no matter who engages in it.

It's not an excuse to 'remove the easy setting' thereby locking everyone in my list back out of raiding again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    Nothing constructive on the wall of text, OP says that the blue failed at telling us that LFR is an entry level only, so if you find it easy you should move to normal and heroics, but, according to the op, normal raiders prefer to gear up in LFR before even step on the normal raids? where do you get that from? I'm in a very casual guild, we only did 1/7H last tier so we were mostly in 378, once DS was live we killed up to ultraxxion on normal the first week, we didnt need to farm LFR like a MUST to start clearing normal.

LFR is a GREAT addition to the game, of course it has its flaws, every new feature has them. The thing I must change would be the tier drops, I dont think LFR should drop tokens even with lower ilvl, or just drop em but remove the bonuses.
    Other than that nothing much to change.

Best regards, The Ape.
    One of the major problems with the ''LFR'' system is that its not a shared lock-out, hence it forces hardcore people who min/max everything to do the ''LFR''. I still need loot from there (Spirit trinket from spine) like our hunter still needs agility loot (he is ilevel 399 PvE and his name is Asaki) our tanks needed tier from there til last week, etc etc, and we are 5/7 hc.

What 99% of the people who don't agree with this post isn't realizing is: not running ''LFR'' (Which I personally like to call ''Looking for loot'' cus thats what it bloody is) every week til you don't need anything there anymore is the same or worse as not enchanting our gear, which is not acceptable if you wanna be as good as you can be.

I know there is especially gonna be a lot of QQ (from me among others) if they don't share the ''LFR'' lock-out by the time the next expo comes out, because then it will definitively force way too many people who don't think the ''LFR'' is challenging and epic to do it JUST because they want to min/max their gear for heroic modes (especially the first month)

I thought the ''LFR'' was originally designed for people who don't have time to run normals/heroic raids every week, so why not just share the lock-out? I mean, is there really anyone out there who is doing the LFR along with your weekly heroic or normal raid for FUN? I highly doubt that you are doing it for any other reason than the fact that the lock-out isn't shared, hence there is no reason to not do it for the extra loot, that is very viable for normal/hc raiding unless you are very lucky the first 3-4 weeks of a new tier.

It worries me that the developers don't seem to see this issue that has a huge impact on the majority of WoW PvE players. :/

Don't get me started on PvP. Some of the ''LFR'' Trinkets/weapons are just insane for PvP if you haven't been lucky to get them in a normal raid, so basically it forces PvP players to do 2 raids per week as well (if they are serious about rankings)

LFR turns this game into a bloody lottery, especially if they don't change it by the next raid/expansion.. It's bad for the game, and I think it could live with having a shared lock-out. I mean, thats what the ''LFR'' was DESIGNED for, right? people who don't have time to run 2 raids per week. Now it only forces the majority to raid more. The people who it was designed for don't have time to run a second raid per week anyway, right? If they do, then they wouldn't need the LFR tool anyway.

There are plenty of 25 man guilds who run the ''LFR (lottery)'' every week for 1-2 hours instead of progressing cus the loot is fucking amazing. Trinkets, 4-sets for tanks etc. It doubles the chances of getting 4-set, which makes every boss a LOT easier. The tank 4 sets are just insane.

As a 10 man you can't do the weekly lottery (yes still talking about the ''LFR'') so why not make a weekly 10 man lottery aswell?

No, really Blizz, share lock-outs asap please.. Then the LFR tool will only have upsides.
    Last edited by Celar; 2012-01-10 at 03:10 AM.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

One shared lockout FTW.

Since my (stupid) thread turned into a discussion about LFR and shared lockouts I'll just start posting here.

I definitely am in favor of shared lockouts.

When I say shared lockout I mean shared loot lockout. I think people who have already done bosses in normal/Heroic should not be eligible for loot from those same bosses in LFR, but they should still be able to queue for LFR. Helps queue times some, lets people help friends, lets people test their dps (useful sometimes like Ultraxion), etc.

Also like, if somebody went with their guild run for the first half of bosses but missed out on the rest of the raid, they would still be eligible for loot off the remaining LFR versions of the bosses they didn't receive loot from in the main raid.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    One of the major problems with the ''LFR'' system is that its not a shared lock-out, hence it forces hardcore people who min/max everything to do LFR. I still need loot from there (Spirit trinket from spine) like our hunter still needs agility loot (he is ilevel 399 PvE and his name is Asaki) our tanks needed tier from there til last week, etc etc, and we are 5/7 hc.

What 99% of the people who don't agree with this post isn't realizing is: not running ''LFR'' (Which I personally like to call ''Looking for loot'' cus thats what it bloody is) every week til you don't need anything there anymore is the same or worse as not enchanting our gear, which is not acceptable if you wanna be as good as you can be.

I know there is especially gonna be a lot of QQ (from me among others) if they don't share the ''LFR'' lock-out by the time the next expo comes out, because then it will definitively force way too many people who don't think the ''LFR'' is challenging and epic to do it JUST because they want to min/max their gear for heroic modes (especially the first month)

I thought the ''LFR'' was originally designed for people who dont have time to run normals/heroic raids every week, so why not just share the lock-out? I mean, is there really anyone out there who is doing the LFR along with your weekly heroic or normal raid for FUN? I highly doubt that you are doing it for any other reason than the fact that the lock-out isn't shared, hence there is no reason to not do it for the extra loot, that is very viable for normal/hc raiding unless you are very lucky the first 3-4 weeks of a new tier.
    I agree with this. See the top of my post.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    When I say shared lockout I mean shared loot lockout. I think people who have already done bosses in normal/Heroic should not be eligible for loot from those same bosses in LFR, but they should still be able to queue for LFR. Helps queue times some, lets people help friends, lets people test their dps (useful sometimes like Ultraxion), etc.

Also like, if somebody went with their guild run for the first half of bosses but missed out on the rest of the raid, they would still be eligible for loot off the remaining LFR versions of the bosses they didn't receive loot from in the main raid.
    I think that this would be fine. There's an army of people who are chafing at the shared 10-25 lockouts though and would like to see them removed. Whatever they do, it should be consistent across all raid difficulties.