Thread: Rogues

Deleted

Rogues

So i've reactivated my subscription and rolled a new rogue guardian side on Icewatch, loving it so far but i've done a couple warfronts so far and they've been pretty much 90% rogues, if not more. Are they OP atm or is it something else that i'm missing? I've seen 1 warrior, 1 mage, maybe 2-3 clerics and around 15 rogues. Does it stay this way at higher levels because i tend to not enjoy it as much when i'm playing a ridiculously overpopulated class.

it's a popular alt class, and if someone is making say a pvp only alt they are one of the better ones atm.

Far from OP though, they were I would say last "month's" "FOTM" class

They received a lot of buffs and became OP during 1.5 I think it was, at max level they have been scaled back a little since then, but the lower levels are insane still. I have only once not had a significant lead for damage done and killing blows on my 27 marksman rogue, and I was beat that time by... another rogue

That said, I am fairly twinked out, which helps.

Deleted
    The bane of my life as a mage in a warfront is seeing some stealthy little bugger, or the stun. My pathetic cries of "someone come hit this rogue?!" are usually followed by death in 3 seconds

Rogues look to get a few slight improvements in 1.7. The WiP patch notes are up on the forums.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, i'm gonna stick with the rogue anyway because the prospect of barding around is too enticing

rogues are in a good spot right now. they're very versatile, and an experience player can switch spec during warfront depending what is needed. so if there are a lot of mages, you can switch to stealth rogue and sneak up on them. if more warriors, or melee in general you can go marksman and kite them. also rogues are great at capturing bases because they can hide and set traps, stuns, interrupt opponent capturing base. in warfront specifically their ranged is nice because there's lots of terrain you can hide behind and use line of sight to your advantage. warriors are in a bad spot for pvp right now. my warrior does fine, but you have to play smart. you can't charge into a 10 vs 1, like most games, you'll get shot down, stunned, or kited. warrior pvp is kind of hurting for some reason though, not broken, but not as good as mage or rogue at the moment. rogue is kind of the flavor of the month because they're still tweaking and balancing classes, and rogues just got buffed, so they may need to be fine tuned still, you may see people playing rogues as overcompensating for that buff, or taking advantage of it. I often hear "rogues are OP" usually not that bad if you know the class and how to counter them. they do have more tools for pvp such as slows on quick cd, aoe, stealth, etc.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akamhara View Post
    The bane of my life as a mage in a warfront is seeing some stealthy little bugger, or the stun. My pathetic cries of "someone come hit this rogue?!" are usually followed by death in 3 seconds
    LOL
    Last edited by Runintowalls; 2012-01-10 at 07:32 PM.

Pretty OP at low levels; great dps with sin or mm; amazing heals and support with bard if you are on the confined WF maps like black garden or library; best stone runners in whitefall steppes. If you hit 50 and decide to rank up, you'll run into enough players that outgear you, you'll get your ass handed to you enough to not feel OP.