Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I honestly think it's got something to do with spellweave dmg...i mean i'm around 380 ilvl on my shaman and i did 50k+ (don't even have 2 piece bonus) on madness in LFR...however i switch to aoe fire totem, throw an earthquake before the bloods come and do the mana regen thingy which does aoe dmg and is instant, if they're not dead I also throw 1-2 chain lightnings.

Also maybe save elemental mastery for when DW arms (i think) are under 50% since the less hp they have the more dmg they take (notice the stacking debuff on them). Also use fire elemental only when you have some intelect procs (power torrent, lightweave if you're tailor, on use glove enchant if you're engi, volcanic potion if you're using etc, int from one-use trinket or max stacks on WoU trinket).

Depending on the dps in your group you can use fire elemental twice once in the beginning and second time on the head. Try these and see if you get any improvement.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    And ye, with your gear you should be doing at least 60k dps on madness...
    Not really. I've got DTR and ilvl393 (at the time I did it) and managed a bit over 60k. Sure I could do a bit more but it ranked me 21st on WoL on 25man Madness so its not all that bad :P I was doing around 52-55k or so before I go the staff. Havent done Madness for 2 weeks after gaining a few ilvls though, could probably push 65k or more now.

Also, EQ is not worth using on Madness as it doesnt trigger Spellweave. Just spam dat CL for massive damages.

Also, LFR DPS is inflated for some reason (is there some hidden buff?) on Madness so dont use that as a accurate result :P I push over 60k on my Warrior in LFR yet on Normal I only manage around 52-55k (which would get me ranked 150 or so on WoL 10man). It's possible that Spellweave does inflated DPS on LFR, not sure,

As for Ultraxion, anywhere between 34-38k is acceptable for that gear-level.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2012-01-10 at 11:06 AM.

For comparison I did 70k dps on my feral alt on LFR madness and only 45k with the same char on normal, I am 100% sure my spells were hitting for double the damage they do on normal at least during the last burnphase on the arms/wings on each of the 4 platforms. You should not use LFR as a benchmark for dps compared to normal at least.

1. Just noticed I miss 3 JC gems ( well , thats embarassing) , I've been so warped up around what spells I'm screwing on that I completely forgot.

2. Had no idea that Engi Glove CD applies to FET.

3. Thanks Endus , I was stressed out about the whole situation that I forgot to post right , my bad.

Are you using CL on these:
    - Bloods (obviously)
    - Blistering Tentacles (you can "Cleave" the Arm if you CL the Blistering)
    - On last platform: The 2 big adds and the small tentacles?
    CL on Bloods when they spawn but in after two they're already dead , they die incredibly fast.
    Blisterings - someone from my server told me that CLing them is useless , a DPS loss and that it doesn't jump to anything else (plus having people scream on mumble '' SINGLE TARGET SINGLE TARGET SPELLS'') made me not use it . Big mistake it seems.

2 Big Adds - I always thought that using CL on less than 3 targets is a HUUUUGE DPS loss ( I haven't seen any logs or threads about that , i always had the ''feeling'' that CL barely crits on less than 3).

5. I'm not trolling . It's funny whenever I make a serious post and try to word it out and write it right I'm being told I'm trolling . Makes me wonder if I'm that dumb

6. I'll work on the glyphs change , i always had (again) ''the feeling'' that it doesn't change anything much.

7. My haste. I'm at 1933 rating - 15% - 20% with totem. My LB cast is 1,6 without EM , even with 4pc on it's still 1,6. With EM it's 1,3 if I'm not mistaking . If I add more haste (2500 rating like you reccomend) , won't that be an overkill during EM? ( didn't calculate , just getting ''that feeling'') . Having EM and 4pc and 2500 haste makes me think I'll choke on my own GCD ( just saying! )

8. It seems i'm doing some things wrong because of ''the feeling''. It's hard to step away from hunches I get only by looking at some numbers appearing above mob's heads thus making wrong decisions. I'll work on it , thank you for the replies ! (and bow down to you for talking with another ''oh god my deeps is shit help me plz'' QQer).

9. What is the target cast time for LB? I've read on EJ that it's 1,6 and that stuck to my mind ever since . Now that I think about it , I just remembers that it'll help on my FS ticks..
    Last edited by Magnaphoria; 2012-01-10 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    During cataclysm on LFR it's something stupid like 400% damage increase. (500k Lava Lash crits as opposed to my normal 90-100k)
    On normal mode I'd wager that it is maybe only a 100% damage increase.

Want to buy execute mechanic/talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    During cataclysm on LFR it's something stupid like 400% damage increase. (500k Lava Lash crits as opposed to my normal 90-100k)
    On normal mode I'd wager that it is maybe only a 100% damage increase.

Want to buy execute mechanic/talent.
    Have a Shadow Word: Death criting for 350k without 2PC T13 bonus. See how you like it when you go splat dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also - when I looked at your armory profile, I saw that your haste rating is very low - just under 2000. I do understand with the T13 4p Mastery gets very interesting, but still you should dropp some Mastery for more Haste. Currently you got sthg like 1900 haste and 2150 mastery. Better go with sthg like 2300 and 1750 mastery. I think you will improve some dps there.

Also no.2 - you are using Necromantic Focus HC. Make sure, that the trinket has a 100% uptime (which can easily dropp, due to the fact, that our only periodic spell is Flameshock).

Also no.3 - I also think that Rathrak is not your best choice - the weapon procc - as far as im convinced - is not really strong - especially not in singletarget fights.

Also no.4 - I took a look at your latest ultraxion kill. You only used 1 Pot - prepotting is also dps gain.

Also no.5 - Are you using FireElemental Totem? This is our BIGGEST dps cooldown and should always be used along with your spelldmg applifiers. which is in your case, when PowerTorrent, SynapsStrings and your VolcanicPot is up. During its uptime, the FE Totem is able to deal about 1/4 of your whole dmg. FE should be able to pull 7k+ dps during a boss fight.

Also no. 6 - Your searing totem uptime was a bit low - 92%

@Walktheline: pre-potting doesn't show in WoL, as you use the potion /before/ combat, and the logging starts when you enter combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    @Walktheline: pre-potting doesn't show in WoL, as you use the potion /before/ combat, and the logging starts when you enter combat.
    not exaclty true, because you have the volcanic power buff 2 times. So if you are prepotting, the amount of the buff should appear twice in the WoL log, not only once.

This one is quite easy,
    You don't have the legendary staff.

I'm sorry but Elemental needs the legendary staff to do competitive DPS.

I'm resto MS and my OS is Elemental and while I'm not a beast DPS'ing with it, I still do respectable DPS for my gear level (Firelands BiS Elemental basically) but it still comes way below to what other classes can do. I'm talking about doing 30K-32K DPS on Ultraxion 10HM and other classes pulling 40K throughout the fight, specially now with the T12 nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    This one is quite easy,

Nah, not true unless you play in in a top guild.

In your average-decent 10/25man a good Ele can do competitive DPS, Legendary or not.
    As I said before, I was pulling 52-55k before getting the staff and a bit over 60 after getting it on Madness. It's only about a 10% increase or so.

Though, you do need DS gear to compete. In T12 gear you actually end up lagging behind, that much is true.

As far as CL goes, it's an DPS-increase over LB as long as theres more than 1 target. On 1 target it hits for "about" the same as LB unglyphed and with 2 targets the damage is significantly higher.

And especially in this fight it gives you 2 chances per cast to proc Overload AND Mastery instead of just 1 per cast. And each Mastery proc can also proc Spellweave yet again. You also stack LS stacks for Fulmination superfast on the 2 big adds with CL giving you big and fast burst that is needed to kill them in time before they kill the tanks.

It's little things like that that make up good DPS.

Oh, and I'm sitting on 2500 haste and I certainly do not "choke on my own GCD" during EM, even with 3 stacks up.

It's little things like that that make up good DPS.

This . It scares the bejezus out of me.
    Question : if i'm CLing the 2 big adds , do i only use CL + ES at stacks or do i have to squeeze in FS + LvB? (big issue with this on fights , I'm wondering if i should drop the FS+LVB and only do ES at 9 or viceversa).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    This one is quite easy,

Only if it's competing with other caster DPS using the legendary staff.

We don't get anything especially unique out of it. It's BiS, sure, but it's BiS for everyone. We're still competitive without it, compared to other casters without it. Fire Mages are the only notable exception, but that's why they're eating a nerf in 4.3.2.

The only thing we NEED, gear-wise, is the new T13. The old Tier 12 2-piece bonus was nerfed pretty harshly; it's about half the value a 2-piece bonus should be. Until you get rid of it, you'll be lagging a bit behind. That can be mitigated a bit by glyphing FET, or even going whole hog and running a Totemic Focus spec where it's worthwhile (there's another thread on the main page about that, please keep that discussion there and not here, I just raise it to be thorough).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnaphoria View Post

This . It scares the bejezus out of me.
    Question : if i'm CLing the 2 big adds , do i only use CL + ES at stacks or do i have to squeeze in FS + LvB? (big issue with this on fights , I'm wondering if i should drop the FS+LVB and only do ES at 9 or viceversa).
    Depends on how fast you kill them. In our raid first one dies within 5 seconds of me landing my first spell so I just spam CL. Though obviously make sure you have FS on SOMETHING so that your NF stacks dont drop :P

However, I suggest you just do your normal rotation but replace your LB with CL. So get FS up, use LvB on CD and spam dat CL. And obv ES on cooldown when you got the stacks.

Honestly, there is no general playstyle or how to do things. Everything is encounter/raidcomp specific. You need to be able to adjust your playstyle and rotation according to the each fight an its mechanics. This goes for all classes and specs.
    Mindlessly following a Priority Que taken from EJ or some other site only takes you so far :P
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2012-01-10 at 02:57 PM.

IMO if your doing well on the meters as ele while progressing on madness your doing it wrong, while progressing all cooldowns should be saved for the big tentacles up the back, but if you want to cheese meters you pop EM when he starts casting cataclysm.

The only legitimate advice I can offer is to focus the main arm testicle, and maintain flame shock on it while you dps the one at the back, you should position yourself so you can hit either without changing your direction, this will give you a LOT of lava surge procs while nozdormu is alive.