Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vishanka Hot-Fix

Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth now invokes Speaking of Rage bonus damage that is treated as ranged damage and benefits from ranged critical strike chance. - Blizzard Hot-Fix.

Does anyone have the math required to determine how much of a benefit this very small and reasonably mediocre change will actually be for us?

doesnt matter... vishanka is usually below 2% of overall dmg done and getting few % more crit aint gonna change much...

when i saw vishanka in hotfixes i was hoping for like 100% dmg buff for its proc to make up for kiril and vishanka sucking compared to gurthalak alone

As of now I'm looking through my guilds WoL pre-buff and it had only ticked for avg 1k, now I'm on the target dummies and ticks i've seen range from 3000-4000 non-crit, i'll have to compare in the WoL from tomorrow nights run, see if it is a significant increase in the proc damage.
    Changing this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon. (4.11.12 (9:11)

Deleted
    It's about a 0.5% dmg increase on it.

I'm pretty sure all they did in this hot fix was just change it so it uses your physical crit chance instead of spell crit chance (this doesn't affect the damage, just the chance to crit). I already changed my site to reflect the new mechanics, I tested it on Saturday. It's possible they put in an additional fix to address the spell crit multiplier but I won't know till I test it again, chances are this hotfix is only referring to the change that was done a few days ago.

For most hunters our physical crit chance is roughly 2x our spell crit chance.

Looking at some older logs, i was around 15-20% crit.
    Just tested on dummy and im now more around 40-43%.

Im not doing big test, but looking at log with 180 ticks raid buff total dmg at 192k.
    On dummy not raid buffed with 180 ticks im at 209k dmg.
    Small buff, but i'll take any buff over a nerf ^^
    Last edited by Knaar; 2012-01-10 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the damage is suprisingly, and upsettingly low, I've resorted to using the Horrifying Horn Arbalest because Speaking of Rage's proc damage is so low. Femaledwarf gave the Arbalest better DPS but I'm not sure now.
    #TeamHunter

Deleted
    Unless I'm missing something that means that Vishanka's proc no longer deals Fire damage which means that things like Curse of Elements and more importantly it won't be buffed by Survival's Mastery. However, if the fix to it means that it actually procs twice as much as normal then its not likely to get overly noticed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstrang View Post
    Unless I'm missing something that means that Vishanka's proc no longer deals Fire damage which means that things like Curse of Elements and more importantly it won't be buffed by Survival's Mastery. However, if the fix to it means that it actually procs twice as much as normal then its not likely to get overly noticed.
    No its still going to be a magical effect just that it scales from physical crit rating, just as ES AS Cobra shot, they are magic/nature damage but still scale from physical crit rating.

Deleted
    The avg tick is like +- 500, crits are around +-1200. So if it's gonna inherit more crit, then it should technically double the dmg it did before.

The proc is really good on survival aoe, spreading to all ur targets hit quite often :P

Deleted
    some hunters blogs says that it's fire dmg and it's working with hunters mastery so maybe it's time to try some reforging from haste to mastery if u get this bow and you're in survi spec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhaerris View Post
    some hunters blogs says that it's fire dmg and it's working with hunters mastery so maybe it's time to try some reforging from haste to mastery if u get this bow and you're in survi spec
    You should be doing that anyway as SV, not because of the weapon - but because your focus regen is too much with 2/4 set.

Femaledwarf is simming normal vishanka to be better than heroic arbalest? Is that possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffi View Post
    Femaledwarf is simming normal vishanka to be better than heroic arbalest? Is that possible?
    Yes it is.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    the change is something falling below "who cares"

even the whole damage is hardly noticeable outside SV considering there's no secondary stat, just imagine a bit more crit

5 mln dmg pre and after-hotfix on heroic dummy.
    only thing that changed is around 15-20% more crits. Dmg of the proc remains unchanged.
    So ye they made it scale with ranged crit instead of spell crit I guess, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    The avg tick is like +- 500, crits are around +-1200. So if it's gonna inherit more crit, then it should technically double the dmg it did before.

The proc is really good on survival aoe, spreading to all ur targets hit quite often :P
    I'm sorry, what?

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    I'm sorry, what?
    It can proc from the initial hit of Mulit Shot (not sure about serpent spread instant dmg, and 99% sure serpent sting does not trigger it).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It can proc from the initial hit of Mulit Shot (not sure about serpent spread instant dmg, and 99% sure serpent sting does not trigger it).
    but that is just 1 proc to 1 target, going on through the ICD, which in my tests its 25/30 seconds. So I can't see where it's any good for aoe, since it will only do dmg to 1 target, regardless of shot fired (being multi shot or another single target shot), during 25/30 seconds.

It will not spread, it will do only 1 proc every 25/30 seconds to 1 target and 1 target only. So my question to beligcanofl stil remains.
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2012-01-12 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I don't know how you magically got a 25/30 sec ICD on an item with no ICD, but I can assure you, you're wrong. It's identical to Gurthalak in the respect that it has no ICD. Now if only it scaled with our attack power...
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff