Why I find healing 10x easier than DPS in PVP. Valid reason?

For someone like me who has never really been a keybinder, DPS is quite difficult for me to master. Very difficult actually, because I have never keybinded and its hard to grasp it.

Although for healing I feel that I can do excellent. For the most part being due to all of my heals and targeting is done on healbot using my mouse. My trinkets and CDs and done with 1-5 mainly with left hand so it makes it very easy.

But with DPS, you have to bind EVERYTHING for your left hand.

I guess if keybinding is easy for you, then thats great. But for someone like me, I find healing 10000 x easier in PVP.

You should contribute this to the thread with the same exact topic that is on the front page instead of making a new one.

Well yeah if you click healing is a much easier if you get healbot, but keybinding dps is easier. due to fact with keybinds you can get everything down.
    unless you play a range type class, ie a mage/lock clicking doesnt stop that much hah

So ranged classes like mage lock hunter click?

If you're doing Arena you still should be keybinding all your heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you're doing Arena you still should be keybinding all your heals.
    technically i am binding my heals. but they are to much mouse, which is VERY easy with my right hand. but you can do that as a DPS.

Force yourself to keybind, you may be much worse to start of with, but it really doesn't take that long for you to get used to it. Start off with a few and build up.

As a result your play will improve.

I have been clicking since vanilla and never had an issue with being dps in pvp.. while yes If you are very serious in arena and going for top rating's then key binding is usually needed, yet getting over 2k in arena's or rbgs is pretty easy without key-binding as long as you know how to play your class.

I do agree with OP though, healing is a lot easier for me as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taybox View Post
    But with DPS, you have to bind EVERYTHING for your left hand.
    DPS can use mouse binding also. I generally use around 8-10 of the 20+ possible for my piddly little mouse, though most are cooldown, lesser used macros, and defensive abilities. If I had to bind EVERYTHING with my left hand, I'd probably still be clicking things I couldn't bind within reach of my left hand.

As a side note, primarily mouse-turning provides access to more left-hand binds, but I can understand how that becomes slightly more difficult while trying to heal via healbot or mouseover binds.

Definitely easier, there's not too many different variables to deal with as one compared to a dps. Survive burst, triage group.

Try to reach 2,2k as healbot user

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    Try to reach 2,2k as healbot user
    Well I reached 2,120 at the first of cata as holy pally (me) ret / Frost dk. so i dont think 2200 is out of the question using healbot

I use a razer nostromo keypad, has a thumb stick. Keybinding to that using left hand and mouse in right. Was a bit strange at first to get use to, but these days not sure how anyone uses a keyboard.

There are other kinds that are similar that have more buttons, but i also keybind ctrl +, so have many spells available.

Deleted
    I have never keybinded and its hard to grasp it.
    You must have been playing absolute shitters/carried if you hit 2120 without binds.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobox View Post
    You must have been playing absolute shitters/carried if you hit 2120 without binds.
    my keybinds were on my mouse via healbot. so technically, i was keybining. just to my mouse

Using Healbot binds (for example, Alt+Right Click) is not key-binding. The reason people key-bind, apart from it being faster and being able to do multiple actions at the same time, is that they can still turn and move using their mouse WHILST doing the previously mentioned things.

You have to hover your mouse over their name in HealBot/whatever Addon to do what you said, which means you can't turn or at the same time as you heal.

What you -should- be doing is key-binding spells/macros to heal your party members. Macros such as "/cast [@party#] SPELLHERE" can do this. Replace '#' with 1/2/3. I'm sure someone who heals in Arena can help you with specific macros.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-01-10 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my response to the poster?: an unoriginal meme depicting how crazy the OP must be for thinking this (.JPG)

if you think that you dont need to keybind to be good, i think your wrong.

a clicking healer=a dead healer

no joke

"oooh look a rouge and a druid both opened on me, better click my cds, oh wait im dead : ( "

Well I reached 2,120 at the first of cata as holy pally (me) ret / Frost dk. so i dont think 2200 is out of the question using healbot
    I do believe that it was the imbalance of a frost DK and the fact it was the start of Cata. Also at the start of Cata they had to wipe arenas because of a terrible terrible MMR bug (MMR would never go down, you could literally face roll to 2200 because 1200 badtards had 2600 MMR) . I would love to see you try and hit 2200 now.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.