Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Early on Clerics with infinite mana.I firmly believe, as I have said often on the Rift forums, that the solution is to balance PVP and PVE skills separately.
    They should, the DR really should just effect PvP. Since I really don't have a problem with mana unless you know I use HC. However in PvE its just annoying.

DoL isn't a problem. I really don't care if it stays an effective way to aoe heal in the future. I just want to play sentinel, an aoe healing tree, to aoe effectively without going oom within the first aoe phase of a fight.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 04:11 AM ----------

I don't know if I see the problem. If you do invest 3/4s of your points into a tree, it should be mighty due to your loss of variability. Cleric has so many hybrid/half specs that 51 doesn't really seem that big a deal either way. Sure you usually want to try and acquire your 31pt ability at the top of two trees, but I personally don't see many people forcing a 51 spec, let alone expecting it. Maybe I'm not up to date on all the potential builds, but to me it feels like there's more variety in specs now than there was back in 1.2 when i quit. Maybe raid-dps wise it feels limited, but Clerics are still on their way up from non-competitiveness. What am I missing?
    The only hybrids I can think of that would be effective is sent/warden for PvP (you would oom in PvE) or Puri/sent which is going to be replaced soon by 51 purifier with the new aoe shield. Inquisiticar or shamancar still pretty much require 51 points.

The problem with making 51 pointers strong is that there really isn't a point in making a hybrid without something worth whiled like serendipity.

I want to use this sent/warden build 31/31. However mana wise its just too expensive to use :/
    Last edited by zito; 2012-01-26 at 04:15 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    These changes makes me tempted to play Rift again.. however i already payed for another month of swtor, not gonna let it go to waste..
    Not like the patch is coming next week or something though, it can wait til the gametime runs out.

I know of one person who swears by sent/warden, but I see a lot of others claim it has no place beyond T2 dungeons. Until the 6th role is opened, i can't really afford to try it out. I don't take any of that as gospel, but I'm pretty bad about trying to maintain hot rotations, so I haven't given the build a chance yet.

As for 51 purifier, I don't know. The aoe shield will be nice, but I think the classic purisent just has too much going for it to give it up. I'll have to read up on the notes and keep track of the debates.

I know of one person who swears by sent/warden, but I see a lot of others claim it has no place beyond T2 dungeons. Until the 6th role is opened, i can't really afford to try it out. I don't take any of that as gospel, but I'm pretty bad about trying to maintain hot rotations, so I haven't given the build a chance yet.
    It would actually be extremely competitive with DoL if it wasn't a mana hog.

As for 51 purifier, I don't know. The aoe shield will be nice, but I think the classic purisent just has too much going for it to give it up. I'll have to read up on the notes and keep track of the debates.
    Since 51 points will get you the max amount of absorbed by the aoe shield and its a smart heal and you get a brez at 44 purifier there is no reason to stay in sentinel besides serendipity but even then its pretty limited in raids since DoL and mages take up raid healing spots.

Puri/sent wont go beyond 5 mans.

The choices will be for raid set up healing will be:

51 puri
    51 warden (tank)
    or DoL.

lolsentinel
    Last edited by zito; 2012-01-26 at 04:28 AM.

51 Puri is kinda only good on paper though. It's at best fringe. Some early GP strats per nerf or Herald for example. Only a few RT2 encounters would/could benefit from a 51 Puri, but even then usually have enough blanket healing/mitigation to off set the 51 Puri. Whereas you give much more as a Cleric in 51Puri/11Sent/4Ward. And of course Purisent 32/3X is just too good in throughput.

Cleric healing is strong. But it doesn't scale well in 20m raiding the way say, Holy P. or Resto D scaled with gear increase.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-26 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much new to report on, just some tidbits....

If you thought you could cash in your 3k saved Plaques of Achievements and blast through 20 levels of Planar Attunement XP, think again

Gersh has said the XP crystals will only stack to 5 before you have to use them to be able to buy another 'stack', since 5 crystals equals one complete Planar level, you can see why it would make sense....kind of

That is correct sir, we really don't want people stockpiling PA levels in the form of consumable items for a variety of reasons.

-Gersh
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3560859

On a happier note, Gersh also posted saying that they've reworked and upgraded a lot of the crafted items and recipes, especially the ones that drop in T1's which will be obsolete come the patch..

Crafted item upgrades are coming in a little hot right now, you should see them hitting throughout the weekend and early next week.

For the most part the items are getting upgraded in-line with how other similar content got upgraded. There are a few items that will be getting some more significant tweaks (old Expert 1 recipes for example) and a few minor recipe changes.

Thanks
    -Gersh
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3560855

PvP has become hell in a hamster wheel.

ahhhh

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't seem to find a yes or no answer.... anyone know if we are in fact supposed to be getting the new zone that is North of Droughtlands in 1.7?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    anyone know if we are in fact supposed to be getting the new zone that is North of Droughtlands in 1.7?
    I'd be very surprised if they sprung that on us....Ember Isle was on the PTS for weeks before Patch 1.6 for testing and stuff, can't see them just putting out a huge zone like that again without heavy testing

The zone is called Planetouched Wilds and for a while months ago, you could 'wall climb' from Droughtlands into it, unfortunately there's now an invisible wall totally surrounding it, you'd have better luck breaking into Fort Knox

Here's some screenies of the work in progress months,when i could wall climb, looking good even back then

Last edited by Slipmat; 2012-02-01 at 06:51 AM. Reason: fixed Typo

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aww. I remember hearing that that zone was supposed to come out this patch. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Not much new to report on, just some tidbits....

If you thought you could cash in your 3k saved Plaques of Achievements and blast through 20 levels of Planar Attunement XP, think again

Gersh has said the XP crystals will only stack to 5 before you have to use them to be able to buy another 'stack', since 5 crystals equals one complete Planar level, you can see why it would make sense....kind of

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3560859

On a happier note, Gersh also posted saying that they've reworked and upgraded a lot of the crafted items and recipes, especially the ones that drop in T1's which will be obsolete come the patch..

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3560855
    thanks for the info, good stuff as always. I'm not sure how this cap would work, unless there's a cap on plaques now. the reason the current xp crystal don't allow you to stack tons of xp is because they stack to 50. even if you grind 1-50 on level 50 events you reach the cap of 50 unique and can't get anymore crystalized insight. not sure why people can't just buy 5 reinforce crystal insight with plaques, then use them, then buy 5 more, ad nauseum. I'm probably missing something. the intention sounds good, you don't want people getting hundreds of PA levels day 1 of the patch throwing the scaling off and dominating pvp or trivializing content (yet to see what PA tier 3 looks like)

I admit, PA is my favorite thing to work on, and the potential to get +200 stats is pretty cool, though my mains are only around 10k PA points, and I know some people currently have 50,000, LOL