Thread: Disc dps

Disc dps

I was looking at the disc tree on my priest and noticed that they had a good amount of talents that buffs the holy dps abilities has anyone tried to use the disc tree as more than a healing spec just a random question please let me know what you think.

PS i know shadow would probably do more dps but maybe we could survive more in this idk but yeah let me know your thoughts

Disc is an offensive healer. A good disc will do damage when possible on a kill target if their DPS is good and everything else is under control. Fear and MC are potent ccs if coordinated effectively. Mana burn is used to control enemy healers, even casters.

Yes it's more than healing.

Oh how I miss my smite spec in BC

Sig by: Arhiana <3

If you wanna lol around in lfr, queue as a dps and with atonement(or you arent helping anyone), and just spam holyfire>penance>smite, you will pull roughly 10-13k and heal for about 8k. It's alot more viable on deathwing where you can pull 25kish and heal for about 20k. The downside of this is you have to reforge or get better pieces of gear as alot of stats are barely useful to you.

Basically if you combined your healing and dps, you would be about 12th or so on most fights. So it's not exactly viable for the normal fights, its fun to mess around in lfr with though. To do proper smite dps rotation you need to use swain and dev plague etc, but you will find yourself running out of mana really fast unless you have a decent amount of spirit
    Last edited by Willfox; 2012-01-10 at 06:23 AM.