Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Another LFR story

So I queued madness with a pally friend (we are both healers, I am restodruid) and we got in, turns out we are at last boss, we are the only two healers, we wait another 15 minutes, a third guy, another restodruid shows up, me and the pally are trying to convince the raid that we have no problem 3 healing this if they don't want to wait another hour or two to fill 6/6. Expectantly they call us names, yell at us, and threaten to kick us if we try to (we FAR outgear the content and between the two of us have about 20 years XP in mmos, 14 of them in WoW).

So we wait another 25 minutes and a disc priest with decent gear pops in, we again try to convince the raid that at least now there is a 100% chance of us clearing this with 4 healers, the (/sarcasm) highly skilled gnome warlock raid leader proceeds to warn us in rw in all caps not to pull anything because surely we will wipe on first platform. We wait another 15 minutes at which point us healers just decide to start the encounter. We start, everyone goes bananas in chat, raidleader has a fit in /rw, he leaves, people see yellow text and get the yellow-text-fever and the raid disbands within 10 seconds, me and the pally standing there and going "LOL?". Apparently you need 6 ilvl410 healers to clear LFR, tell your friends, never pull unless you have 6 healers.

If there is at least ONE decent healer in any LFR group, he can pull the weight of 2-3 by himself, I have seen this many times even when I am not on a heal-toon, there is a 50% gap between the good guy and the rest, why do people insist on 6/6, why does blizzard insist on 6/6? On my restodruid there is so much overhealing because of 6/6 that at most fights I just give up trying to have fun and hit WG on cooldown (and surprisingly find myself mostly at top of the meter..)
    I liek fysix

Sadly the only way around this kind of nay-saying is to prove that you have the numbers by doing a few fights with the group. Unfortunately that was impossible given your current situation.

One time i suggested a MoD platform kill order that was "outside the norm" for LFR i guess. Alexstraza last instead of Kalecgos. The raid leader was indignant and tried to initiate a vote kick against me. One of the tanks said "Yeah okay lets kick the top DPS who is 10k above the second DPS, that is going into the bad idea bucket for today". We did my strategy because kalecgos last wasn't working(healers werent keeping up with burning blood damage on plat 4 kalec) and when deathwing was at 8% on P2, the nay-saying raid leader left group :P.

Sort of went on a ramble there, but I totally understand where you are coming from. I am very patient with noobs, but when some mid-level player(read: not noobs, but self-entitled arrogant bads) thinks he is all-knowing because there can't possibly be players above his enormous skill level, it makes us better players sort of annoyed.

Deleted
    You don't have 14years of xp on WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    14 years between the two of them. Read before you post.

Deleted
    2*7=14

cheers

I don't buy this whole "waiting hours" "waiting 25 minutes" blah blah blah. Stop exaggerating and be patient. If you can't be bothered to wait 10-15 minutes to fill your LFR, then do it another time. Don't expect 23 other people to take your word on something. LFR is about filling spots and moving through content, and not about doing it as quickly as possible.

Dont believe story as advertised sorry lol.

You make it seem as if you calmly suggested 3 healing it and were just immediatley attacked and shouted down. Sorry dont believe it. What happened was prob this:

You guys: GO!!!!

Them: Waiting on heals

You guys: Why? Can three heal easy

Them: Still rather wait and be sure

You guys: OMFG cause lfr is hard amirite, scrubs, go!

Them: *insults

Also I understand your frustration with waiting but honestly, dont start encounters off the hop. You could of at least said "listen we have enough heals, worse comes to worse we wipe and re-que, if we still dont want to start my healer buddy and I are gonna drop." Then see what they say. Ninja starting stuff in lfr is getting VERY VERY VERY old, as the grp disbanding immediatley would suggest to you.

Good luck healing platform 4 when none of your DPS single-target the tentacles and you get tons of stacks.

Of course, you could easily kill the fight with 3-4 healers if the rest of the raid knows how to properly do the fight. In LFR, however, I wouldn't expect that. The rest of the raid was right to wait.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

*shrug* Doing Yor'sajh LFR, was given the lead during Morchok trash, not rly an important role, cheesed Morchok and Zonozz with no trouble, cheesed the Yor'sahj trash, so when we got red/green/black suggested killing black (no one had dropped below 75% all raid anyway) so we wouldn't have to kill any adds and would kill the boss quicker (and give the bored healers *maybe* something to do) and a couple of players started raging about how the raid leader was a noob and couldn't have killed Yor'sahj before, one of whom spam whispered me to give him lead as I was a retard.

I mean w/e Yor'sahj couldn't wipe you if you ignroed slimes all fight, but meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Good luck healing platform 4 when none of your DPS single-target the tentacles and you get tons of stacks.

Of course, you could easily kill the fight with 3-4 healers if the rest of the raid knows how to properly do the fight. In LFR, however, I wouldn't expect that. The rest of the raid was right to wait.
    No 3 good healers can do the whole LFR with your average LFR raid.

I think Moonhyde hit the nail right on the head

Quote Originally Posted by goki View Post
    we wait another 15 minutes... So we wait another 25 minutes... We wait another 15 minutes
    Did you really wait 55 minutes in LFR queue and no healers joined or are those just exaggerated numbers because you want it to look like you were really patient before you pulled?

ya no way you waited 55mins for healers sorry. healers have like a 3-8min Q time and in each group i have been in it takes about 15mins at max to fill.
    like others have said i bet u QQed cause people wanted to be safe and not sorry.

/troll thread.....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-01-10 at 07:25 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Don't project your habits of lying and deception on other people, why would I lie? Try playing past the bedtime your mothers impose on you for once...
    I liek fysix

To be fair, it's probably a little of both (only because I wasn't there and only hearing one side of the story; I don't know you, can't trust 100%)
    But honestly, the LFR difficulty is so fricking easy I healed it as a boomkin in some hFL gear and outdid everyone but a paladin. Priest was close but still. And from personal experience, giving that much faith in a LFR group as to assume that they would have to be set off to start insults is just.... naive. The front page can tell you, a lot of kiddies are just diving head first into the make-believe land of raiding where before they would have been barred due to other factors, for better or worse.

My advice on the situation? I would just do heros to cap out valor; at the least you only get 20% of the bitch bitch when they get upset for whatever rock that's stuck in their shoe. And by now heros should have eaten away at your brain stem enough that you don't even have to be conscious to play them.
    "Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry." --Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time
    "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett, JiNGO
    TP, Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by goki View Post
    Don't project your habits of lying and deception on other people, why would I lie? Try playing past the bedtime your mothers impose on you for once...
    This made ZERO sense lol. I have a habit of lying that I am projecting on you? Lol...okay. Also I am 25 years old I live in an upscale building downtown, no one imposes a bedtiem on me lol. But thank you for falling back on that oldest, least creative, and most desperate of comebacks "gtfo your moms basement nerd!" lol...point proved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    *shrug* Doing Yor'sajh LFR, was given the lead during Morchok trash, not rly an important role, cheesed Morchok and Zonozz with no trouble, cheesed the Yor'sahj trash, so when we got red/green/black suggested killing black (no one had dropped below 75% all raid anyway) so we wouldn't have to kill any adds and would kill the boss quicker (and give the bored healers *maybe* something to do) and a couple of players started raging about how the raid leader was a noob and couldn't have killed Yor'sahj before, one of whom spam whispered me to give him lead as I was a retard.

I mean w/e Yor'sahj couldn't wipe you if you ignroed slimes all fight, but meh.
    Green doesn't splash in LFR. Doesn't matter what colour you choose in that combination :P

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is for the baddies to get loot and for people to carry others...

Mod Edit - Infracted /Malefic
    Last edited by Malefic; 2012-01-11 at 07:26 AM.

Personally, I think the raid was in the right. I've seen far too many people not killing the adds and just damage going out everywhere. I believe that fight can be 4 or 5 healed (depending on the skill of the other healers) but that's also with a group of people who are going to do the fight right. But it was right of the raid to decide and wait for the remaining healers needed. Most people would prefer not to get to the last platform only to find because they decided to 3 heal and because people weren't killing adds or something and too much damage went out so the three healers go oom or even one of the healers ooms, and oops game over! Then people have to restart the fight and wait on top of that for the remaining healers to get there. If you feel you can 3 heal it, then awesome! But don't expect everyone who doesn't know you and hasn't seen your healing in action to believe you.

On a side note, you sound much over-geared to really need to be doing LFR. You should be able to get near valor capped on a normal DS run depending on how many bosses you down...and maybe only need to do one or two heroics afterwards which only takes like 45 minutes tops. Considering healers get fast ques for those, most times almost instant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmymac View Post
    14 years between the two of them. Read before you post.
    Quote Originally Posted by omnomomom View Post
    2*7=14cheers
    Oh sorry, didn't realize you had a brain-link active. ^^