The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Madness of Deathwing problems

Hey guys,

Yesterday we had our first real attempts on Madness of Deathwing 10 man on normal mode.
    We tried it for a little less then 3 hours and didn't even reach P2.
    We tried several platform priorities(first 5 tries Green > Blue > Yellow > Red and after that Green > Yellow > Red > Blue) and we had major issues with the bolts inpact on Red.
    The first tries we had a druid healer and priest healer, but then later the priest went to rogue alt and another pala healer came in
    Tanks died after bolt impact due to impale and when they survived a couple of dps wouldt have died.
    We always move as far as possible away from the bolt impact zone and have our Warrior tanks 4pc shieldwall up for the impact and the following impale but we cant seem to make it.

My question is, do you guys have any pointers for us on what rotation to use (and why), what where doing wrong and on what we should improve.

This is the log of yesterday evening:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-enw6cdg3d1ylu75j/

I can link Armories of the raid members if you guys want them.

thx in advance
    Last edited by kevindv; 2012-01-10 at 08:53 PM.

I've found easiest method to be 2 tanks, 3 heals, and the best dps you can get otherwise. You'll get 2 Implales, but having that 3rd healer on 4th platform and p2 makes it worth it. As for platforms... left to right, my groups have found 3 1 2 4 to work best. This keeps the bolt slow for all but 4 (blue) platform. There, make a stack point near the tentacle and have all but tanks stack on it. everyone uses a Def CD when bolt comes out (iceblock, bubble, barkskin... whatever you have) and then nukes the bolt after landing and back on the impaling tentacle. If you didn't lust on 1st platform (fight is long enough for sated to wear off and use again in p2), use lust and nuke tentacle down (taking out blisterings also, obviously) and move on to p2. Take out the adds! use dream when targeted by shrapnel. tank kits big adds into yellow swirly thingy to slow their attacks (and thus, the dot they apply to tank). after they are dead, nuke the boss (still using dream for shrapnel) and any def CD's ya got... use them. if you have a pally, make sure LoH goes on the top dps when he needs it. collect loot. watch bad vid. enjoy title.

Deleted
    i believe the easiest is green red yellow blue

1tank 2healers (must be able to do 25ish k hps each) 7dps. with 7dps unless they are really underperforming you should never, ever get a second impale, which also happens like 5seconds after the bolt spawns

when i did it i was tanking on my dk, pally/druid healers and we had a rogue, warrior x2, hunter, boomkin, spriest, mage, dps was ranging from 40 to 49k

you will only have the bolt landing on the last platform, for which you can easily spare a cd. tentacles will die, as i said earlier, before the 2nd impale and before the bolt is casted (first 3 platforms) and lands on the 4th. for p2 you should only get a set of adds, so start nuking dw, adds pop, kill the adds, pop hero, go all out on dw, no 2nd wave of adds

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    we don't have a heroism in our raid comp, and if you look at the logs do you think we should be able to do the burst with 1 tank?

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    we don't have a heroism in our raid comp, and if you look at the logs do you think we should be able to do the burst with 1 tank?
    You have enough DPS for the 1 tank approach. I did a pug the other day with 3 healers and 1 tank. We got to P2 about 4 times and only messed it up because we pushed DW below 10% before the second set of adds were killed. I am not sure what CD's were used on the 4th platform for the tank but here are the logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/33euilrbq8k2o8bl/

we run 1 tank 2 healers 7 dps, as long as your tank has a big enough health pool for the possibility of 2 impales it's no problem at all, and dps have to be intelligent with their positioning to get the best out of aoe heals. Amount of times you see a Dps standing to the side of your effloresence is amazing.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    On our alt run we use 2 tanks 2 healers 6 DPS.

To our experience the best platform order for 10man is: Green -> Red -> Bronze -> Blue
    You cant really have more than 1 Meteor without the slow-down zone as 10man lacks the cooldowns to survive 2 of them, hence bronze 2nd last.
    Make sure you make use of stuff like Rallying Cry, tank 4sets and personal+healer cooldowns on the last Meteor.

As far as the last platform goes, nuke the 1st set of tentacles, 1st set of big adds and 2nd set of tentalces and burn DW down while tanks survive the last seconds with their CDs. Make sure people use their dream after 2nd set of tentacles is down and DW is at like 4-7% or so.

Deleted
    last platform while feeling like your gona die any second goes between waves of massive aoe damg- > ads to kill-> ads kiling your tanks -> calm before aoe.
    two rotations of that and use heroism on the 2nd set of big guys which gives you enough time before next tentacles that you cna kil chin without having to switch to them and jsut Dream the shrapnel.

Dream useage is absolutely esseicial, also knowing how to use it, you gain a debuf for 5 secs and dream only lasts 3, many many will pop dream as soon as they see de-buff and die cuz of it.