Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Problem with person on my server ah.

So far hes undercut my gems by 100g I had inferno rubies for 190g he puts them for 80g and has large amounts. He cut down for volatile airs from 18g to 9g and volatile lifes to 2g. Not too mention cut someones mechano hogs and flying carpets by half as well.

How do you handle some prick like this? He is obviously a botter to not care about the ah economy like that.

buy them then report him?

Either adapt to the new prices, or buy his whole stock and relist them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get over it. They have the right to do whatever they want, if it IS a bot, then put in a ticket and hope for the best.
    Survival is Key

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just buck up and do something else. Like real money.

Im playing 3 toons and what happens in the AH stays in the AH.

Maybe more OT : Report them.

You have no proof he is a botter and its a free market. This thread however is proof that you are mad and need to go outside and get some fresh air.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    So far hes undercut my gems by 100g I had inferno rubies for 190g he puts them for 80g and has large amounts. He cut down for volatile airs from 18g to 9g and volatile lifes to 2g. Not too mention cut someones mechano hogs and flying carpets by half as well.

How do you handle some prick like this? He is obviously a botter to not care about the ah economy like that.
    Buy his stuff and resell for profit. Not a hard concept.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    If he's a botter then report him via a ticket, if he's a person then he's set a minimum profit per item and sticking to it, which on some of the older guides (thinking tbc gold makeing guides) 1gold profit is still 1 gold profit daft as it is in the current ecconomey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya your best bet is to just take advantage of his silliness by purchasing his goods and reposting them. If that's not an option due to insufficient funds (haha I'm like the people at the bank), then just look into other markets or stop using the AH to make your money.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Maybe he is wary of all the Queen's Garnet dropping so bad in price so he is dumping his backstock of Inferno's, as in a few weeks' time, Garnets might be a similar price to Rubies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course im mad. I aslo dont understand why someone would lose so much potential profit. And kwflange smh.

I guess ill keep buying out his stock for now, he can only have so much im sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it works, especially if you have a large quantity.

You are a prime example of this, if I have enough red gems, undercut by that much, will piss you off to the stage that you do not plan to undercut me, that leave me free to leave gems on AH, without worry about being undercut. Gaining large profit is nice, but sometimes make less profit but drives competition away is better, means I don't have to stand in front of the AH and check it every 5 seconds.

Sometimes it's a person who stupidly relies on an addon to think for them. If they haven't done an AH scan in the last few weeks and are working off old prices, that might explain the gem prices, at least.

I dislike these people more than an intentional undercutter. At least the intentional undercutter is doing it on purpose and not because an old addon tells them to.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

I've known a few people that just got bored from time to time and would tank the market on a few items on purpose. I've accused them of not actually having the gold to do this, and was met with screenshots of their alt-guild banks sitting at gold cap. So, there are people in the game (that do not bot) that just get bored. And, anyone that actually NEEDS those items to level professions or put into their gear... they're happy as shit right now.

OT: Lower your prices, or attempt to buy them out if it's possible. If not, find a new market.

You can try reporting him saying hes involved in suspicious AH activity, but really man, this person is begging you to make gold off them. Why not buy their stock and relist at the usual prices?

We have someone on my server who thinks they are the saving everyone from overpriced gems, he/she makes a huge deal about it in trade an announces his posts 50-100g lower than the current value and all this person is doing is giving me free gold because I buy every single gem he posts (unless someone smart gets to em first, or some people have even canceled their own auctions and relisted them cheaper than this person which sucks but is rare) and repost them at the normal price.

Start small, snag one or two types of gems or items off him and repost them, when they sell, get a few more, when those sell get even more and so on. You might not have enough to buy them all straight off, but after a few days of this you will and youre going to have a ton of gold to show for it.

Of course im mad. I aslo dont understand why someone would lose so much potential profit. And kwflange smh.

I guess ill keep buying out his stock for now, he can only have so much im sure.
    Because some people hate dealing with the AH, and just want their shit sold. They want to get rid of it. They don't want to play they AH game. They don't want to repost if it doesn't sell.

There's really nothing to be complaining about here. Here are the options:

They post way below what the item is worth, you buy it out and resell it. He gets what he wants, you get what you want. No reason to complain.
    They post about what the item is worth. It's called competition, get over it.
    They post above what the item is worth. You keep posting and ignore it.

What exactly are you complaining about? The only real way I see for people to be complaining here is when they're trying to artificially inflate the market, and someone comes in and screws up their AH gaming. When that's the case, too freaking bad. The AH is not solely for you to manipulate to try to cost others as much as possible for their items.

He has a high supply. What happens when supply goes up and demand remains constant? Prices go DOWN. Move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully he will run out after i keep buying them, if not Ill just store all the stuff i buy off him until he gets tired of using the ah or w.e happens. Ill start watching twilight highlands too see if i can catch him botting. When he is on at least. He just randomly popped up out of nowhere and has the same supply of items. I mean selling a mechano hog for 8k? It costs more for raw materials lol.

You /cheer them whenever you see them online the game because they are only trying to save the wow economy. YOU'RE the reason people rely on gold farmers and why gold farmers rely on those people they can repeatedly steal from. Setting unrealistic prices that consumers HAVE to pay into. Making it much easier for people to believe they are getting an easy transaction buying gold and then before they know their account is hacked and you'll get even MORE undercutting competition from whoever has that account now. It's a vicious cycle but your greed is only fueling it.

buy and resell = profit

I've heard something about duping being back in the game, so it might be what he's up to.

I've had a guy selling 300 queen's garnet on my server today, going down to 900g each when it's 2.8k on the AH, so I'm pretty sure that's what's wrong

Take a chill with the market, and report the fella.