Could a fan increase my fps on my laptop?

So recently for christmas I got a new hp laptop with an i7 processor, so its running pretty fast. But when I play wow, the fan sounds like it turns on (inside the computer) and starts exerting air at around 80 degrees. Should I get a fan for the computer if that happens? I get roughly 30 fps all the time when I join something, so its not a big problem, but I would want to fix it.

Heat, Gaming and Laptops go together like PB, Jam and Bread.

A quality cooling fan has a significant chance of increasing fps if your unit is overheating. Would be helpful if you had actual CPU temps to post for people to examine.

Side note: Placing 2 bottle caps at the back corners of your laptop to lift it slightly has been proven to drastically help overheating laptops FPS by allowing more air into the vents at the bottom of the laptop. Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooling pad could help if it's going utterly apeshit but I'm afraid in the end it's just the nature of laptops.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I dont know where to find the specs of the laptop, like cpu, but I have an hd graphics card if your asking (prob not). Could the surface play a roll too? Like I have it on glass.

Surface does indeed play a factor, however, glass and laminate are ideal surfaces.
    The only surfaces that should truly be avoided are blankets, cotton, felt or other dust magnets.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834997872

I've found this to be a good product being that you can move the fans around and place them exactly where the most heat is being generated or by the air inlets for your laptop fans.