Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just drop your laptop into a bucket of mineral oil. You may want to get some rubber gloves and maybe a Scuba mask in order to use it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Die shrinks don't decrease wattage? In fact, you fit MORE on the card. That's why you shrink the die.
    (Or so I'm lead to understand.)
    They decrease the relative wattage. ( If you make the same processor with 22nm instead of 32, it would run cooler) They just cram more stuff in with every generation.
    Also i think something like OnLive will show up which will allow you to stream games directly from your battlestation in the next 5 years. And as others have said, you'd need alot of stuff to make it enough damage proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gdjheo View Post
    They decrease the relative wattage. ( If you make the same processor with 22nm instead of 32, it would run cooler) They just cram more stuff in with every generation.
    Also i think something like OnLive will show up which will allow you to stream games directly from your battlestation in the next 5 years. And as others have said, you'd need alot of stuff to make it enough damage proof.
    Your screen will crack before the radiator/res/pump does...

Deleted
    Highly doubt it . But otherwise it would have a market, if it was introduced right now it wont hold long though. Mabye an extremely nieche market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gdjheo View Post
    Highly doubt it . But otherwise it would have a market, if it was introduced right now it wont hold long though. Mabye an extremely nieche market.
    Are we making our reses out of glass now? They're made of a more durable material than the average LCD screen...

Deleted
    Are we making our reses out of glass now? They're made of a more durable material than the average LCD screen...
    Oh. Glass will crack. I'm talking about flexible plastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly a reservoir and radiator is made out of worse material than a monitor. Most monitors have an actual metal frame that can sustain a fair amount of damage. A Reservoir is typically made of cheap ass plastic and the radiator has aluminum and flimsy copper. All it takes is enough force to contort the radiator core or force to a part on the reservoir and it could easily crack.

Happens all the time in desktop liquid cooling.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2012-01-11 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't we have bladeless fan technology already? Why hasn't this been implemented into things like case fans and whatnot...
    I looked into getting making computer fans based on the sharper image ion air filter/fan,

The problem is that ion fans generate way too much EMI and static electricity to be inside a computer case

I've also thought about water cooling my g73, and while I think it's entirely possible, and rather easy, I don't see it taking off as a sellable item

Deleted
    its a pretty bad idea it would just make laptops heavy and less movable without alot of care.

they do already make some I believe, they sell mobile pumps, rads, etc. The case is big though. But it would be dumb in my opinion, it would add alot of weight and could cause leaks easily.

edit: nevermind, don't think parts for them exist, I remember seeing a post about some mobile watercooling parts for laptops on ocn, but cant find it
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2012-01-11 at 02:55 AM.

i have made a usb powered liquid laptop cooler that is the same size as your average future shop air cooler. It is completely removable in a quick snap, very durable my 3 daughters dropped them several times and no leaks. It offers up a 27 degree core temperature difference. How many people would pay for something like this raise your hands.