Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    All the addons are basicly doing the same: making it possible to heal using some sort of raid frames. It fastens targetting and therefore healing. Since healbot, Vuhdo, grid + clique, etc can do it, there is no diffrence in being the best addon. One might argue that you have this option or that option more in one addon, but all these can be done by other addons. The basic of a healing addon remains interactive raid frames.

So picking the best one, just means pick the one you like the most considering esthetics, additional features, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    When I use the term mouse-over healing, I refer to mouse-over macro's. When I talk about things like Clique, Vuhdo or Healbot functionality I generally use the term click-healing.
    '

I get what you are saying but it also adds to the (rather common) misconception of what clique does. It doesn't (only) add "click-healing", it also handles mouseover functionality without having to use 20 macros to do it. The beauty of an addon like Clique is that it can be setup to handle things so that it behaves differently under different conditions. To give a few examples: You may set it up so that pressing button "3" while mouseovering (yay for english!) a player casts a heal. It can be set up to use a dispel when clicking on a target with a specific key, say the left mousebutton while holding shift. It can be set to cast another spell if the target happens to be an enemy. It can be set up to run a macro when clicking on a non-friendly target that is on your focus but cast something else if you have no target at all. And so on. Most of these scenarios you can make fairly complicated macros to handle too but it soon gets quite intricate at the same time as it eats up space for additional macros. The addon handles it in a much neater fashion with everything in the same place for a good overview and it makes it much easier to even change functionality on the fly if say you f ex want to ensure that your Holy Fire keybind don't go off by mistake on HC Yor'sahj with a purple up or whatever reason. I'm not saying mouseover macros can't do the job most of the time. I just don't understand when Clique is used as the opposite to this when it isn't. There is one reason that could be in favour to using macros instead and that is if addon-memory was an issue or possibly that execution-time would be that much faster using them over calling an addon-function (which is something i really doubt in this case).

... and sorry for taking this slightly off-topic.
    Last edited by Blakkeyez; 2012-01-11 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Vuhdo ftw. It has everything you could dream of. You can easily find tutorials on youtube. It has great customization possibilities. Also author provides great support for his addon on plusheal.com (I'm a fan)

There are people that don't use VuhDo?

I can imagine it being slightly daunting to set up Grid (or Vuhdo/Healbot probably) from scratch for the very first time. However, I've healed using Grid for years, and gradually tweaked it and added different plug-ins over time, depending on which class I'm healing with. I use Grid, GridIndicatorSideIcons, GridManaBars, GridStatusHots, GridStatusRaidDebuff, GridStatusShield, GridStatusTankCooldown and GridStatusThreat. I have also used other plug-ins in the past for specific encounters like Raid Icons for Anub.

Deleted
    Grid and some plugins, no clique

I have a mix of grid, clique and mouseover macros. I installed Vuhdo once, it added so much crap on my UI and seem rather complicated for something that takes 5 mins to set up with grid and clique.

Only thing I have ever hated about mouseover is when you don't want to use it you're screwed, like I usually target the tank full time and use my key binds to heal him, when I used full mouseover macro, my mouse was somewhere on my screen and somebody moved there and suddenly I was no longer healing the tank without noticing, very annoying.. I wish you could limit them to be only used on raid frames, and not the full UI.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yekul View Post
    Unfortunately all I seem to be able to do is have a coloured box when it's on or off, and even with the Grace buff as it's a three stack (with countdown timer) I can only get it to do one colour with no countdown timer. Just wondering if this is the best addon for priests, or if there's something better which is more class specific?
    That single issue of having colored boxes for spells is what put me off grid but grid being what it is I am sure there is an addon that changes icons for their blizzard counterparts but I never got around to finding it. Healbot on the other hand uses the correct icons with the base addon and can be tweaked to show timers and stacks like for instance with PW:Shield mine shows the shield when its active with a timer in it for when it expires and if the shield breaks it replaces the icon with the weakened soul debuff and it's timer.

Both are good addons but if you want easy to setup raid frames with correct icons then try running healbot along side of grid for a few raids at least then you don't need a legend at the side to remind you what each colored box is :P

I used Grid for many years and shied away from Vuhdo because the configuration seemed like a lot of time and difficult. Now I would definitely recommend Vuhdo, I've healed at a higher level than most on 3/4 classes and definitely will say while vuhdo is more difficult to configure it does everything you need without having to download additional addons. Vuhdo is also updated much more regularly than Grid. Its nice not having to find a separate addon/plug-in to do everything that grid doesn't do.

You can still turn off the built in click-to-heal that comes with Vuhdo and use clique if you want. As stated, Clique can be mouseover macros, instead of using a mouse button just press any key you want.

Currently running Vuhdo in Clique compatibility mode.

For me, the biggest advantage to Vuhdo over Grid is that Vuhdo is updated frequently and the author is very quick to respond to new patches / library changes. While the main Grid addon is updated frequently, plugins to Grid can go broken for a longer time.

Tried vuhdo but its way too heavy customizationwise. Im using grid now since the start of wrath and was never dissapointed or didnt got what I wanted.

Additionaly installed:

- raiddebuffs
    - tankcooldowns
    - border icons

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have healed with Healbot, Grid/clique and Vuhdo.

I hated healbot and vuhdo. I use grid/ clique/ mouse over macros and power auras. Vuhdo had to much going on and healbot just sucks. But like you will see, people will disagree with me. Why not just try them all and see what fits you the best. They all work. Its just how you see the information.

Just an update so all the hating and rage wars between people can slow down a bit...

Installed Vuhdo and have to say, way easier to use, highly customizable. I simply -love- being able to have seperate tanks groups and monitor their CD usage easily on my frames as well, as one of our tanks is useless at using them. So it's nice to be able to visually yell at him about it, rather than relying on a heap of RSA spam etc.

It looks good, it can do an absolute buttload of stuff, and best of all I dont have to go install 50 other addons just for things to work. The author actually seems to care about the addon. I'm using it conjunction with mouseover macros which I have set to the Naga+Nostromo and so far am very impressed. As with always, it took a little bit to set up, however it wasn't because it was missing functionality, it was just because if you want to you can really customize it just to how you want it...

Gotta say, Vuhdo all the way.

Thanks for the help everyone, was starting to lose the plot with Grid.

Deleted
    Vuhdo. People that dislike it didn't put in the time to customize it. Like I always say; once you go vuhdo, you don't go back.

I used to love Grid+plugins+Clique+mouseover macroses. I has been using it for years.

But when 4.3 hit, Grid hasn't been updated for long and I got very big FPS lose because of it. I tried Vuhdo and can say it is a good addon, and I'm lazy to reinstall Grid with all its plugins and configure it from zero.

All I can say both addons are perfect. Choose what is best for you in terms of flexibility/looks.

healbot here. It is true it's a pain to set it up but once you get it over with, healbot is freaking perfect. Tried grid, found it too something. Just didn't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 for vuhdo, it does and has everything you need in only 1 addon compared to the 5-6 you need to add to grid. I honestly feel naked raiding without it .

Deleted
    i heal with x pearl click on target and press the button 1,2,3,4,5,6 for heal
    if u can't do that u aren't a pro healer and i use sometime the V button and target with mouse!!!
    don't need healbot (what is it?) grid (greed?)and clique (click where?)
    is just boring heal with x pearl and don't want to imagine with these addons i can play blind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thiukega View Post
    i heal with x pearl click on target and press the button 1,2,3,4,5,6 for heal
    if u can't do that u aren't a pro healer and i use sometime the V button and target with mouse!!!
    don't need healbot (what is it?) grid (greed?)and clique (click where?)
    is just boring heal with x pearl and don't want to imagine with these addons i can play blind
    I have around 30 key binds to both mouse 5 buttons + shift, alt, and crtl combos, keyboard 1 to 6 + Q,E,R,Z,X,C,V,F so how exactly does your 1 to 6 make you any more of a pro healer then the next guy ?

Going commando i.e without addons is fine but addons don't just make things easier as you believe they give you way more information within the glance of an eye and all the key combinations you could dream of right at your finger tips so you can heal with every and any ability quickly and much more efficiently.

In regards to what ever healing frame you use tbh they are all good it's just everyone has their own preference as to what exactly they need and want from the addon so I suggest trying all frames as I have and many others have also to get the one that matches what you feel works best for you.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2012-01-12 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    I use Healbot. Using it pretty long time, never failed me, and I don't need to change it.

What does have Clique\Vuhdo\Grid that Healbot don't have?