Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    An interesting detail to the map... "5.1 horde landing zone" and "5.1 alliance landing zone".
    I'll assume 5.1 refers to the first major content patch here.

I love the contrast of light and dark and the little sunny spot in the front at 0:32!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epiCSmask View Post
    It's like the new Nagrand!
    a few expansions back, bro :/ So it can’t really be the new nagrand. the new nagrand was more like scholazar basin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Remember the Skywall instances back during the Cata beta? They weren't skinned for the longest of times.
    I doubt it.

People that share that kind of attitude usually have never had any kind of experience with the way game development works. They usually expect everything to be perfect and done "right now!!!!1!!". I think much of it is just that they haven't Beta tested other than maybe open beta's. Which is sorta good because that IS NOT the attitude that a company wants in their beta testers because most of their feedback has a strong possibility of being tainted or otherwise useless.

When I first started beta testing I really noticed how immense games really are and how much of a responsibility the testers have in making the game turn out better. In Wrath beta for instance the community seemed MUCH tighter and more friendly also they seemed much less demanding and entitled. Cata beta felt like the live forums at best and arenajunkies at worst and we got a much worse xpac probably somewhat because of all the retarded feedback. Although one could argue that Wrath set the climate for players feeling so entitled.

I fear that Mists beta may be even worse since people can purchase entrance but it could also be better because I've noticed most people that pre-ordered (on my server) tend to be a little more mature and are usually long time players. I'm excited though this is #3 in a row for me and I just had to sign up for a year because after you're in one beta you can't go back to reading about it on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    An interesting detail to the map... "5.1 horde landing zone" and "5.1 alliance landing zone".
    I'm guessing that's either one of the 1000 typo's that appeared at Blizzcon or they are planning on calling the pre-patch the normal .0 and call the initial patch .1 rather than .0x

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrtnap View Post
    I'm guessing that's either one of the 1000 typo's that appeared at Blizzcon or they are planning on calling the pre-patch the normal .0 and call the initial patch .1 rather than .0x
    They did say that Alliance and Horde presence would increase over time. I don't think they were referring to the initial content there.

the fact that its 4 winds probably means a centralish location since the 4 winds elementals were the 4 winds of North, South etc
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

I can't WAIT to ride my ground mounts (camel perhaps, just for the lols!) across those plains!!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    cant remeber in which interveiw i heard that but they said the bulk of the horde and alliance forces would come onto pandaria in5.1 we essentially are the "explorers" front runners so to say
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    cant remeber in which interveiw i heard that but they said the bulk of the horde and alliance forces would come onto pandaria in5.1 we essentially are the "explorers" front runners so to say
    If that's true, I'd be really glad. One thing that always bothered me slightly about old expansions is the fact that we, the heroes, always seemed to be late to the party. Wherever we went, bases were established and battles fought already. There were a few exceptions, like us helping to build the Argent Crusader base in Icecrown, but still.

Being among the very first to enter Pandaria, and then report back to the folks at home, would be awesome.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this zone is what i want all of Pandaria to be based on.

You can chose to join the effort of your faction in massacreing the other side and stripmining Pandaria.

Or you can chose to join the Pandaren and defend them from local threats.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Dont really understand what it means by choose your side (north and south) but I LOVE IT.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    Dont really understand what it means by choose your side (north and south) but I LOVE IT.
    Going south will continue the Horde VS Alliance storyline where you're trying to set up a base to deforest the forest there. Going north continues the Pandaren storyline.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The meadows definitely remind me of Nagrand. That being said, I think it'd be unfair to compare the two to each other. Nagrand will always be Nagrand (to me); Valley of the Four Winds needs to be its own place so it can enjoyed on its own merits. I look forward to visiting the new zone when the beta is available later this year.

By the way, I hope we get to interact with Chen Stormstout in the game world. Especially more so than we got to with poor Rokhan -- he felt like an afterthought.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    If that's true, I'd be really glad. One thing that always bothered me slightly about old expansions is the fact that we, the heroes, always seemed to be late to the party. Wherever we went, bases were established and battles fought already. There were a few exceptions, like us helping to build the Argent Crusader base in Icecrown, but still.

Being among the very first to enter Pandaria, and then report back to the folks at home, would be awesome.
    found it
    http://www.dailyjoypad.co.uk/?p=26484
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Honestly it really bothers me that this has nothing to do with the "four winds" in cata. They could have used any name...its hard enough to connect all the lore in the game without having something as unique sounding as "four winds" used to refer to two completely different things, especially since its the actual title for completing hm throne of of the four winds.

I thought the whole conclave of wind genie thing was pretty retarded tbh but trying to re-use the name would be like making some panda monk denomination called the firelords, just re using a cool sounding name with no relation to the previous use.

It's hard enough to work pandaren into the main lore without deliberately calling attention to the fact that this expansion/race/content has minimal connection to any previous lore. Aside from that, the zone looks good. I just hope it gets a new name that fits in with pandaria, not uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by Daizeyyy View Post
    Honestly it really bothers me that this has nothing to do with the "four winds" in cata. They could have used any name...its hard enough to connect all the lore in the game without having something as unique sounding as "four winds" used to refer to two completely different things, especially since its the actual title for completing hm throne of of the four winds.

I thought the whole conclave of wind genie thing was pretty retarded tbh but trying to re-use the name would be like making some panda monk denomination called the firelords, just re using a cool sounding name with no relation to the previous use.

It's hard enough to work pandaren into the main lore without deliberately calling attention to the fact that this expansion/race/content has minimal connection to any previous lore. Aside from that, the zone looks good. I just hope it gets a new name that fits in with pandaria, not uldum.
    four winds isn't exactly unique... valley of the four winds (to me) is a very asian sounding name, so it fits perfectly with pandaria (again, to me)

also, reading these zone previews is getting me pretty excited for the beta, i hope it comes out soon!

Signature by Kenz