Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    the only real issue with pvp gear is when the tank uses it, (and such a tank also usually uses dps gear)/

Is pvp gear worse then pve of the same ilvl? certainly. Do 1% of players live up to the performance their stats can give them? No. While pvp gear doesn't help the issue, stupid people are still stupid, regardless of gear.
    Bad people will be bad in pve gear as well. I agree there.

Concerning a tank who uses DPS gear: I do this all the time for LFG (usually 100% DD) and LFR (partly DD, with a guildie 100%) when I'm sure my healers can handle it. It's all about using the colldowns correctly and keeping the debuffs up what most of the tanks in there won't do. Nothing is as satisfying as achieving 30k dps as a tank and seeing tons of DDs below you

Deleted
    If they removed itemlevel on PvP-gear it would be useless in PvP since stats are bound to the itemlevel.
    PvE gear would become superior in PvP and thus making PvP-gear completely useless.

I see alot of people in LFG/LFR with PvP-gear, but I really couldn't care less because the bosses in here is killable with only half the raid anyway.
    I never saw a problem with PvP-geared people in LFG/LFR. Mind your own business while they mind theirs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't remove itemlevel from gear, because that will make them have 0 stats. Learn how it works before suggesting crap ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Full cataclysmic or even ruthless is enough to finish lfd & lfr properly.

Tell taht to the full ruthless hunter in my lfr a few days ago pulling 12k

Anyway, I use PVP Gear to get into new heroics. Its perfectly fine for that. I will then farm out pve gear from heroics to do LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Full cataclysmic or even ruthless is enough to finish lfd & lfr properly.
    not really, in most cases this will leave them well below the hit and expertise cap meaning their overall dps would be pure crap!!!

Deleted
    http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/201...r-retards.html

Gevlon went with what you refer to as a "Ilvl Cheater" healer into LFR (not himself though). that paladin did more HPS than the 2 people right below him put together and ended up on 3rd place.

gear won't fix the retardedness of most people. no matter how you play, people can and will suck.

Deleted
    Just did Fall of deathwing (LFR) on my 5K resi arms warrior. Ended 1´st place on madess on DPS with 54K. So yea. Its more of a l2p issue then gear.

Quote Originally Posted by cryochemicals View Post
    this would solve alot of problems with people queing for things that they shouldnt be in
    if the gear score was ether removed or lowered to prevent pvp geared toons pulling below adv, numbers in heroic dungens and lfr
    390 pvp gear is better than 353 pve gear.

Well the only people that can't really do their rolls in pvp gear are plate tanks. So outside of them everyone else is fine for LFD/LFR.

My druid tank's got 390 pieces of PVP gear where they benefit him the most, and he survives anything. Sure, this is a druid which means cat gear works, but I've seen fully PVP geared people perform just fine and above fine in PVE content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran dragonsoul with a mage last night who had full pvp gear and almost all catalysmic or w.e its called and pulled 31k dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the people doing terrible in pvp gear are going to do terrible in pve gear. Its not the gear, its the player.

The problem with pvp gear is that mostly baddie are using it, with mixed pve gear, ungemmed and unenchanted, since they dont see any difference.

I'd rather have the Mage or Warrior or Rogue or whatever running around under hit cap in 390 PvP gear than 353 PvE gear.

Blame Blizzard for making a scaling gearing path, that requires the exact same input every ptach while upgrading the reward and can fill absolutely every single slot of gear.

This wasn't an issue in WotLK, because badges bought worthwhile gear, so PvE and PvP gear had a linear, scaling path for fresh 80s. Now, Justice just gives offset crap (And retarded Valor caps make valor gearing take 6 months) and people use PvP gear to fill the other 11 slots.
    Last edited by Mayaluen; 2012-01-15 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I dont think people get how good pvp gear (primary stat wise can be)

I got an ilvl 403 Cataclysmic Belt from BH

It had something among the lines of 120+ more agility over my ilvl 378 belt.

It Really is solid, if that were to be removed, i would lose avg item level over using a WORSE item.

TL;DR: Quit crying, honor gear is ilvl 390 and will beat anything until LFR
    Basically this. There are some really solid gear pieces via PvP.
    Besides, the system needs an overhaul in several other areas that are much more pressing than this, hah. Like counting gear in bags that's totally unsuitable for your spec, etc.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    What they've said specifically is that they 'want PvE gear to be useful in PvP and vice versa, but neither should be quite as good as the other.'
    A lofty goal, but is it really that useful, possible or desirable? Would a rated BG team want people in PvE gear? Would a raiding team want people in PvP gear?

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    A lofty goal, but is it really that useful, possible or desirable? Would a rated BG team want people in PvE gear? Would a raiding team want people in PvP gear?
    Well, the reason people don't want pve gear in their pvp groups is a lack of resilience, aka, survivability. So the way to fix this is to have resilience on PvE gear naturally, so that pve gear has pvp survivability.

The reason people don't want PvP gear in PvE is because resilience uses up valuable stat-space that can't be reforged out of. The way to solve this is to balance PvE encounters around the PvE gear that now has resilience on it, so that the resilience costs nothing relative to the challenges that you are going to face.

Once the MoP changes hit, you'll find there'll be people complaining, minmaxers will obviously complain as they always do, but in reality, the difference in stats will be less pronounced.

On top of this, this will improve professions by allowing those pvp recipes to have a larger market... they can be the entry point for both PvP and PvE.

Of course, a rated team that wants to compete at a high level won't accept PvE gear because it'll be suboptimal... and a PvE raiding guild that wants to push content won't accept PvP gear for the same reason. But neither of these are going to be the concerns of randoms or non-conquest pvp--the intention is that your pvp gear will allow you to get in the ground floor of pve so you can get your pve gear up to acceptable levels; as opposed to now where pvp gear below the highest level is simply not good enough to do that for many players.
    Last edited by Disgruntler; 2012-01-17 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Really, the only answer to the question is to wait and see what they do in MoP since that's when it was promised.

I don't really imagine that the two examples you provided (or anyone inclined to min/max) would be agreeable. Most people aren't those people.

Personally, I'd be up for giving PvP more of a chance at the entry level if I didn't have to get a full set of gear specifically for the attempt.