Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next week’s update for SWTOR is to be called Rise Of The Rakghouls

Senior Creative Director James Ohlen explained to us in an interview we’re posting very soon that along with “a lot of bug fixes and modifications”, there would be the titular new story-focused flashpoint, as well as expanding Karagga’s Palace to have five times as many bosses (five). And this is just the first of many updates they’re already working on. March promises a new planet, warzone, operation, guild banks… And then there’s the updates they’re already working on for next year.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...of-juicy-info/
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...be-amatangelo/
    http://www.gamesradar.com/old-republ...ve-january-17/

Two major content releases in 3 months. So much for "no content" and "slow to fix bugs." These guys look to be putting a lot more work into their product than Blizzard does with WoW.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fJjMex_iEIw
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2012-01-12 at 06:03 PM.

I missed that line where they said March would have new a new operation and warzone.

I'm glad I switched to this game. I'm glad I don't have to run Deathwing for 6-8 months.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Rakghouls. Bad memories from Republic's Taris. Nothing else but Rakghouls.
    Empire was just as lucky.

AoC promised very much too. Funcom newsletters was pure epic, but...

It's been three weeks since launch. Three. Big picture, that is NOTHING in the life of an MMO. Anyone who has wrote the game off already because of perceived lack of updates or added content has to be the most impatient person on the planet.

Slow down, enjoy the game. Bioware knows what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    So very psyched!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    WoW promised me a WoTA raid...
    WoW promised me more bosses than ever for this expansion...
    WoW promised me multiple raids for every tier...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

That trailer was pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosc View Post
    It's been three weeks since launch. Three. Big picture, that is NOTHING in the life of an MMO. Anyone who has wrote the game off already because of perceived lack of updates or added content has to be the most impatient person on the planet.

not to mention no ones payed for the game yet,i wonder how many people are gonna unsub after there free month and go back to whatever mmo they were playing before they started playing star wars

eather way ill probably end up playing it anyway cuz theres no way in hell im playing pandas in the next wow expansion.assuming like i said,everyone just doesnt unsub at the end of there free months and go back to whatever mmo they were playing before
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2012-01-12 at 06:20 PM.

glad to see the fixes/updates are coming in fast. I hope there is more class content before an expansion though. the future does look good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised at the content patch already! That aside, this is awesome. go go swtor
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    not to mention no ones payed for the game yet,i wonder how many people are gonna unsub after there free month and go back to whatever mmo they were playing before they started playing star wars
    I think quite a bit. I bought it along with 4 of my mates. We have all stopped playing it. The story is compelling. But the gameplay is just bad/stale.
    Unless they change the core gameplay to something slightly more fun, they can keep adding content to no effect.

Looking forward to the march update

Thought it was Rise of the Zandalari,but...
    PS : what a shitty trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post

AoC came from an unheard of studio, EA is the RICHEST GAMING CORP. IN THE WORLD. they arent gonna fuck around, lol

stop comparing shit games from companies that dont even have 1/10th the financial backing of EA & Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Two major content releases in 3 months. So much for "no content" and "slow to fix bugs." These guys look to be putting a lot more work into their product than Blizzard does with WoW.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fJjMex_iEIw
    I'll still call them slow/stupid though because releasing more raid content when the already existing raid content is barely in a working condition is just slow/stupid.

Good we're getting a content patch already, I just hope it got higher standards than the current content at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosc View Post
    Of course, they've made so many MMO's before that they obviously know!
    Last edited by Ighox; 2012-01-12 at 07:03 PM.

Everyone should realize the content patch had to come out before everyone had to resub as they are trying to get the people that were only playing the free month to sub. It looks good, but the current content is still buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    WoW promised me a WoTA raid...
    WoW promised me more bosses than ever for this expansion...
    WoW promised me multiple raids for every tier...
    This should be part of a sticky in the swtor folder, and every time a WoW player comes and bashes swtor, we can then just reply with the link to this sticky, and report for trolling.

Bioware already showing they can outperform Blizzard when it comes to pushing out content. I wonder what the people over at Blizzard HQ are thinking after seeing the news that Bioware are going to be far more aggressive at releasing content.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    Everyone should realize the content patch had to come out before everyone had to resub as they are trying to get the people that were only playing the free month to sub. It looks good, but the current content is still buggy.

I really hope that they continue at this pace but I would be surprised if this continues forever.

Give Bioware credit. They are market smart. They know when those free subs drop. And they know all it takes is a few patches and people will go nuts. Who cares if the existing content is still bugged. All you have to do is throw out more content and people will sing their praises as the gods of MMO-Land and say "lolblizzard no patches while we get all this content." Bioware knows it's not hard to make the monkey dance.

It's a fresh game, of course there will be a lot of early patches of content.