LFR Bow vs 397 gun from trash?

Normally I would just sim this but I am feeling exceedingly lazy and don't want to have to reforge (with perfect hit cap) to test this. For a troll is the LFR bow from deathwing better than the 397 gun from trash? Hopefully someone has simmed this themselves and can just tell me their results. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is quite close. Thanks in advance for catering to my laziness!

I use the gun and transmog it into the bow...heh

Deleted
    What gun are we talking about?I've never seen 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rubmyshock View Post
    Normally I would just sim this but I am feeling exceedingly lazy and don't want to have to reforge (with perfect hit cap) to test this. For a troll is the LFR bow from deathwing better than the 397 gun from trash? Hopefully someone has simmed this themselves and can just tell me their results. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is quite close. Thanks in advance for catering to my laziness!
    SV=Bow
    BM/MM=Gun

Deleted
    Wow I didnt even know a gun existed in DS D:

does the dwarf racial mean any difference?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    does the dwarf racial mean any difference?
    ofc.

10 chars

Deleted
    While we are on this topic, which is better for SV, the Horrfiying Horn Arbalest or the Ruinblaster Shotgun?

The shotgun has .1 slower speed and better stats, which should make it better, but is this the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    SV=Bow
    BM/MM=Gun
    No. Even as SV the proc is complete bullshit that barely makes up for the lost secondary stats. But hey, it's completely balanced with Gurthalak since that proc doesn't ALWAYS do 20% of your damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    No. Even as SV the proc is complete bullshit that barely makes up for the lost secondary stats. But hey, it's completely balanced with Gurthalak since that proc doesn't ALWAYS do 20% of your damage.
    Yes. bit of hit and crit (and as troll he wont even loose that) and a bit lower weapon damage when you play survival will not be more then the 1.5-2.5% damage that the bow dose, but then again the damage difference between the bow and the gun as SV is most likely not something you will feel but for SV the bow is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    With the adjustment to Vishanka so that it scales with our ranged critical chance, Vishanka is better than the 397 weapons for Survival by about 250 DPS (was 150 before) and BM by ~80 (-50 loss before.)

You still want the 397 for MM but the difference between the 2 is relatively small.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2012-01-12 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The dwarf bonus will be worth about ~260 DPS if you go for the gun.

This may put it very slightly ahead of LFR Vish for SV (but to the point where there's so little difference you'd never notice it), and way ahead for the other 2 specs.

The LFR bow is better for me, but I'm a troll, so I'm not giving up all secondary stats to use the gun... the bow effectively has 176 crit rating for me, so I'm giving up 94 hit and a little bit of weapon dps for 69 crit and the proc. I'd guess the gun is always better if you're a dwarf (regardless of spec), and the bow is better for trolls unless you're MM.

(Also survival, for what that's worth.)