Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman View Post
    "During the next decade the american people will become poorer and less free"

Does this meen SOPA is bound to happend?
    Exactly" And don't forget the NDAA. This is just freaky to the core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz View Post
    Exactly" And don't forget the NDAA. This is just freaky to the core.
    Let's not get carried away. The Patriot act was already enabled before this speech.

Deleted
    a lot of it a lot of people saw coming from a mile away, but some of that was quite amazing :P he should make some more predictions now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The Arab Spring wasn't initiated by fundamentalists.

The dollar has hardly had a steady negative slope. It's fluctuated on the Dollar Index right around 80, both up and down. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=DXY:IND

Conservatives and Republicans are both MORE dissatisfied than they were before the speech.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Read up on the start of Nazi germany. Hitlers rise to power. You will find many similarities to our country now. Too many if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Let's not get carried away. The Patriot act was already enabled before this speech.
    I know, I'm pretty sure he mentioned it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The Arab Spring wasn't initiated by fundamentalists.

The dollar has hardly had a steady negative slope. It's fluctuated on the Dollar Index right around 80, both up and down. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=DXY:IND

Conservatives and Republicans are both MORE dissatisfied than they were before the speech.
    You people keep forgetting who was recently VOTED in, in Egypt as the new ruling party. . . . .

And the Dollar is on a downward slope. Take a look at its value today.

You people also keep forgetting that growing the size if the government has nothing to do with 'cant agree on a budget'. Jesus.

Deleted
    That guy has amazed me a couple of times these last few months...

also: +1 for the Inception soundtrack in the back :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You people keep forgetting who was recently VOTED in, in Egypt as the new ruling party. . . . .

You people also keep forgetting that growing the size if the government has nothing to do with 'cant agree on a budget'. Jesus.
    I'm not forgetting anything. I know the muslim brotherhood has swooped in, but they didn't initiate the revolt.

The dollar goes up and down. It's not trending in either direction.

I wasn't commenting on the growing size of the government. I was commenting on Ron Paul's assertion that the conservatives would be appeased by X and the Liberals by Y. Neither of them have been satisfied.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I know, I'm pretty sure he mentioned it?
    People have been predicting things like NDAA for years before Ron Paul ever took office. Military detention was a huge concern among american citizens during Vietnam, for example.

It's just not appreciative that you're making him out to be a psychic; somehow more intelligent and with greater foresight than any other person in politics. That's simply not true. The man's an incredibly intelligent guy, but I think his fans get a little too crazy over him. Many politicians have been predicting the exact same things that are being mentioned as well. He's flat out wrong on more than one proposition. As far as I'm concerned, he's just another politician with his head in the right place as far as foreign policy and some aspects of the economy are concerned; nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    People have been predicting things like NDAA for years before Ron Paul ever took office. Military detention was a huge concern among american citizens during Vietnam, for example.

It's just not appreciative that you're making him out to be a psychic; somehow more intelligent and with greater foresight than any other person in politics. That's simply not true. The man's an incredibly intelligent guy, but I think his fans get a little too crazy over him. Many politicians have been predicting the exact same things that are being mentioned as well. He's flat out wrong on more than one proposition. As far as I'm concerned, he's just another politician with his head in the right place as far as foreign policy and some aspects of the economy are concerned; nothing more.
    Well I hope the OP doesnt truly think RP is psychic, BUT Ron Paul is pointing out the cause and effect of our failed economic and foreign policy. They effect us more than any thing else in the political spectrum today. They are the reason we are hated, they are the reason we have millions of people out of work, they are the reason we have lost a considerable amount of freedoms.

In the end RP is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    most people with a lick of political or economic insight saw all of this coming.
    Sadly that doesn't seem to include very many politicians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Ron Paul a psychic? Does he have the power to see into the future? Sure looks like it.

(I'm not serious about the psychic part, it's just amazing how all of his predictions were true.
    or he has the power to see the past... in a textbook

seriously this stuff has be in a cycle for decades, and as the saying goes history is doomed to repeat itself.

saying that "this stuff will probably happen because it happened this way before" does not make one a psychic. gas prices had the same pattern during the first gulf war, there was no reason to think this time would be different. as for the Israel comments? all of that has been going on since the founding of Israel after WW2.

Ron Paul has a poor grasp of economics if he believes the gold standard again would be a good thing. there is a reason why we detached our currency from a fixed good and undoing it would jam a ball and chain onto the economy. However like every libertarian he misunderstands basic economic principles.
    Last edited by McSpriest; 2012-01-12 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post
    Ron Paul has a poor grasp of economics if he believes the gold standard again would be a good thing. there is a reason why we detached our currency from a fixed good and undoing it would jam a ball and chain onto the economy. However like every libertarian he misunderstands basic economic principles.
    A great many libertarians recognize that going back to the gold standard is not a good option.
    Last edited by Pert; 2012-01-12 at 04:12 PM.

Just pointing something out.

Are you referring to the same US Dollar the rest of us use? Because we've been using one that's been on an upward slope for the last 9 months and has still broken any downtrend you see from 3 or 5 year charts.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 04:06 PM ----------

seriously this stuff has be in a cycle for decades, and as the saying goes history is doomed to repeat itself.

I'm both Libertarian and a staunch Laissez-faire advocate. I fully acknowledge that a gold standard is a stupid idea. Ron Paul also knows that it's an unfeasible idea.

I'm not here to downplay his prediction, but 90% of these were known and visible to anyone with an eye on the situation.

That said, unfortunately the majority of the world, including the decision makers did not bother to look, nor listen to these predictions and as a consequence we're all now suffering from the truths of these predictions.

10+ Year Old Account

You should read about Ron Paul, he doesnt want to return to a full gold standard. He wants some gold reserves, yes, but not a gold standard. He wants a commodity based standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    I'm not here to downplay his prediction, but 90% of these were known and visible to anyone with an eye on the situation.

That said, unfortunately the majority of the world, including the decision makers did not bother to look, nor listen to these predictions and as a consequence we're all now suffering from the truths of these predictions.
    Hindsight is always 20/20. After a major economic crisis, everyone who was a naysayer beforehand comes out of the woodwork to say "I told you so" and everyone else looks at him as if he were a fucking wizard.

However, Ron Paul knows his shit. I mean seriously knows his shit. How Mitt Romney can even be close to him in the polls when he clearly knows nothing but either A) What the Bible tells him or B) What popular opinion is is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should read about Ron Paul, he doesnt want to return to a full gold standard. He wants some gold reserves, yes, but not a gold standard. He wants a commodity based standard.
    its not the gold part that weighs down growth its the "fixed to a commodity" part. it doesn't matter what that commodity is its still bad

as for the libertarians who corrected me on not believing in the gold standard, i'm sorry for making that generalization, your right not every libertarian agrees 100% with Ron Paul (thankfully)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Hindsight is always 20/20. After a major economic crisis, everyone who was a naysayer beforehand comes out of the woodwork to say "I told you so" and everyone else looks at him as if he were a fucking wizard.

However, Ron Paul knows his shit. I mean seriously knows his shit. How Mitt Romney can even be close to him in the polls when he clearly knows nothing but either A) What the Bible tells him or B) What popular opinion is is beyond me.
    I think Mitts a Mormon. His bible is a little different. I dont think he is a devout mormon either, so yeah.

I will hand it to Mormons though, Ive never met a shitty 'Mormon', and have always been jelly of their family values. No matter how dorky we all view them to be.