Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Doesn't look like a dps issue to me. Get an extra healer and you're more likely to get it.

we came close to doing it with 2 tanks 3 healers and 5 dps
    but we changed it around and did it with 2 tanks 2 healers and 6 dps.

the main thing is the dps being able to kill the 4th corruption before the fragment hits and the healers being able to heal through the blistering tentacle damage
    afther a bit of trial and error on the last platform we waited till we killed the adds before nuking dw.

if your tanks keep getting killed by the big adds try this
    tank1 tanked add1, tank2 tanked add2. dps nuked add1 and tank1 taunted and tanked add2 and dps killed it. this way you should kill the adds before the staks on the tank get too high.

we planned on getting dw to 11% and killing the second set of adds but his health dropped too low so we went full nuke, when his health was below 10% we hit bloodlust and hit him with everything we had. you should be able to knock 10% off him before eveyone dies if noone mess's up the shrapnel

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...623&target=192

Your DPS are very slow switching to and killing the Elementium Bolt, that's probably what is overwhelming healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Not complaining, We hit a brick wall. Our dps did to the best of their abilities, and we could not down 4th platform :X!
    You do by definition not hit a brick wall after 4 attempts. Consider a different order of platforms, consider always going 2 healers 2 tanks and then bring your best 6 dpsers, include survivability into the equation: Destruction warlocks, shadowpriests, boomkins, warriors doing rallying cry at the right time, divine hymn shadowpriest... all that stuff and then another 20 wipes and he should be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...623&target=192

Your DPS are very slow switching to and killing the Elementium Bolt, that's probably what is overwhelming healers.
    This.

As well, you're not spread out enough for corruption, he's crushing multiple people a lot. Generally, check, is someone in front of you? MOVE. That'll make the healing FAR more manageable.

As for dps trouble on the final plat... one trick is to send a dpser over on the first plat, so that you've softened the tentacle up by about 10% or so. This will make that a much easier race, allowing you to save TW for phase 2.

In reality tho, 4 attempts... you just need to get more time on the boss. Once you get the platforms down like clockwork, you'll find it a lot easier. We found that once we got in the groove, everything clicked and he handed us loot.

A few people have said your dps isn't an issue, I'd have to strongly disagree... with that low of dps I don't think you're going to kill it 3 healing/2 tanking, especially since you don't have an extremely bursty class like an Arcane Mage or Demonology Warlock for the fourth platform's cataclysm. We 3 healed/2 tanked, and despite having both as well as much higher damage overall, it was a bit close on a few attempts. I just don't see you being able to make the fourth cataclysm without dropping a tank or a healer.
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.

Ok first off, its been about a month since ive done the encounter because my guild killed him week 1 then quit for swtor early acess, but on wed week of release, we 2 tank 3 healed it with realative ease. With 5 dps your dps need to pull 44-45kish AVERAGE so with your warrior pulling 50k, you have sone room for error there. With your druid tank pulling 35k or so that also a really nice boost.

What we did and what i would suggest to do is keep the aspect that kills the blistering tentacles up untill last and you never have to look at them at all. Like i said its been a while so i dont remember color to ability combps, but we did emerald dream first, slimes killed 2nd, elementium bolt slowed 3rd, and blistering tentacles killed last. The 3rd healer will feel extremely useless untill the 4th platform, but will be VERY useful when the time comes. On the last platform stack at the edge of teh platform with the corrupted tenticle, not the claw, as the damage in both spots is verey similar and the back is closer. The only problem you might have here is bolt + bad times slam could kill someone but you will use most of your raid cd's here to stay up and it shouldnt hurt too bad even if it does happen. Soon as the bolt lands, killit, kill teh tentacle then the claw, as the slimes most likely have came out and been dealt with.

As for P2, kill the small tenticles, kill the big add, burn the boss, kill small tentacles, ignore 2nd set of big adds, loot your stuff. Hope this helped =).

If you're having trouble with the 4th platform, you can send a DPS over there during platform 1 and get it down to 91% (I don't remember why exactly 91%, I think 90% triggers something?). That way, you've got a 9% head-start on the 4th platform when you get there.

2 tanks 3 heals we COULD NOT kill the last platform fast enough. Period. It was mathematically impossible for our group. This is what I mean by "Brick Wall". It was an impassable wall, that even when everyone was doing their best - we were still too slow to beat the enrage timer.

We swapped some things around, and went 2 tank 2 heals(one feral kitty tank who was crit immune).Hunter swapped specs to BM(turned out to be a ~4k personal dps gain, and a 12k RDPS gain) few people got new loot with LFR pieces, priest healer sat out for a rogue. With this we found the two extra dps(kitty was pulling 15k more than when he was bear), and 5 attempts later took him down. =) Thank you everyone for your support, and helpful advice.

Now time to go bash our face into heroic Yor'sahj! Huzzah!(or maybe zonozz, haven't decided yet!)
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2012-01-14 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KidCanuck View Post
    If you're having trouble with the 4th platform, you can send a DPS over there during platform 1 and get it down to 91% (I don't remember why exactly 91%, I think 90% triggers something?). That way, you've got a 9% head-start on the 4th platform when you get there.
    Its because the claws start a damage aura at 90% and it gets bigger the lower it goes untill it is killed.

I recommend 1 tank/ 3 heals to be safe. Having two tanks on this fight is a big waste IMO, unless you have the off-tank be a feral who's switching to cat for damage. With a holy priest in the group, you should have guardian spirit for the second impale on each platform, trivializing the debuff. Prot palys have ardent defender, which is almost as good. Even without GS or AD, generally two CDs are enough to mitigate the damage (tank CD + external like pain sup or hand of sac).

If your dps is decent, you should be killing the tentacle with 6 dps before the second impale on every platform except the last, but even if you don't, smart usage of CDs will let you deal with the second impale.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    A few people have said your dps isn't an issue, I'd have to strongly disagree... with that low of dps I don't think you're going to kill it 3 healing/2 tanking, especially since you don't have an extremely bursty class like an Arcane Mage or Demonology Warlock for the fourth platform's cataclysm. We 3 healed/2 tanked, and despite having both as well as much higher damage overall, it was a bit close on a few attempts. I just don't see you being able to make the fourth cataclysm without dropping a tank or a healer.
    And with that low dps, 1 tanking it isn't a viable option either as he can't down a mutated corruption before impale #2.

A lot of it is unfamiliarity with the fight. Get hungry, push dps. If you can ultraxion, you can MoDW.

You can send one of your dpsers to the 4th plattform at the begining just because that's the hardest timer to beat, down it to 91% then have him go back with the group´and continue the fight as normal. Pop hero on that 4th plattform if necessary.

Try this:
    1. Use 1 tank, 2 healers.
    2. Do red, then green, then yellow, then blue.
    3. With 7 dps, you should never, ever get a 2nd impale on any platform. If you do, you are failing a DPS check.
    4. Since you're leaving blue for last, you can always AoE down bloods.
    5. Since you are doing red first, you will need to single-target down the small tentacles on platforms 2, 3, and 4.
    6. Your dps MUST MUST MUST MUST have DPS cooldowns ready for burning the giant tentacle on platform 4. This includes DPS potions.
    7. Right before the bolt is going to land on platform 4, have the entire raid stack up on the claw to minimize the damage from the bolt landing. If for some reason the giant tentacle is still not dead, leave your tank there and have them use a heavy CD (Paladin bubble with a quick cancel works extremely well here) to survive the bolt. Alternatively, you can have a priest grip them into the stack point at the very last second before bolt lands, then let them return to the giant tentacle after it does.
    8. In phase 2, kill the adds as fast as possible. Tell your raid to kill the shrapnel tentacles from left-to-right, or right-to-left, etc. You want them to die one-at-a-time quickly, not AoE them.
    9. Have your solo tank pick up the 2 elementals and drag them into the haste zone. The tank will need to use maximum CD's to survive the adds, and the raid should use every possible CD they can to kill the elementals quickly and protect the tank from dying.
    10. Once the first wave of adds are dead (3 shrapnel tentacles and 2 elementals), switch to DW and heroism/bloodlust and use every DPS CD you have. Healers can even help DPS a bit. If shrapnel tentacles spawn again, ignore them and just use green buff to survive shrapnel blasts. If elementals spawn again, have the tank pick them up and try to kite them around or use more CD's. You should be able to kill Deathwing before you die to the adds.