[Movies] pro-Historic/alien civilizations movies?

Let me explain first :P I like the theory that humans came from another planet into earth many years ago..or there was a civilization lived on earth very technologically advanced that had to evacuate earth before an apocalypse event (also I believe that Arc may have been s spaceship :P ) and then they returned back...or Movies that actually try to tell you that Mythology is actual a "history" ...

Are there any movies around with that subject? I am not talking about movies like armageddon were someone (99% of the time american) saves the earth from a catastrophe :P I am seeking Movies that actually make you think at the end that maybe this is not a myth or something..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    What evidence is there to back up that theory?

well forget about the word "theory" :P lets say "my Fantasy"..I really want to keep the topic into movies suggestion please :P
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

You should watch the movie and series Stargate.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    You should watch the movie and series Stargate.
    thanks I saw it :P the first episode was amazing and so promising but the rest then became so boring :P But yes this is the movie/series style I was asking btw :P thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    What evidence is there to back up that theory?
    The OP wants suggestions on movies about the subject, he/she is not proposing the theory itself.

Only thing I can come up with is Aliens vs. Predator (the 1st one) though it's kind of a crappy movie.

And also Prometheus, which should be pretty good since it's a Ridley Scott movie. The trailer doesn't look very exciting, but I have faith that it will be an awesome film. Supposedly it touches a bit on the subject you are interested in. Unfortunately it won't come out until this summer.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 10:46 PM ----------

Oh and if you are into old school classics watch of course 2001: Space Odyssey.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Thanks Xebu :P I am waiting Prometheus too :P it will be a good movie for sure :P I haven't seen 2001: Space Odyssey though I ll find it now and watch it :P from title itself it sounds good :P I know Odysseus I am Greek :P

Haha well I don't think it has very much to do with Homer's Odyssey. But it's a classic that everyone into Science Fiction should watch. Just don't expect a lot of action, the movie is from '68 :P Still a kickass film, IMO.

I came up with two more:
    Mission to Mars also has something about martians being responsible for life on Earth, though if I recall correctly the film was kind of cheesy.

There is also Titan A.E., a pretty decent animated film. I don't think it talks about the origin of life on Earth, but it definitely has aliens, and is about the creation of a "new" Earth, after the original one was destroyed.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

thanks a lot guys :P I ll start with this 2 Xebu :P Odyssey and Mission to Mars..I have seen Titan :P

also nektar the link is indeed helpful :P I am checking it now in more details and write down titles :P