Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vault View Post
    I don't know, I'm talking about the fight with "You Know Who". Basically I couldn't use any ability on him as it was giving me "target not visible" or "cannot find target" or whatever it was. I had to pull him across the room so I could target him and do damage. Not that easy with tanking companion and VERY annoying when you have to do it several times. Certainly seems like a bug to me.
    oh. no i didn't have that problem at all. i was referring to SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED CHAPTER 1 FOR AGENT.

the fact that you had to... repeat 4 times...

Same lol I said to myself I would never play the agent because of the hiding mechanic but I'm loving the concealment tree so far. The stealth adds so much to the secret police immersion; I feel like Bruce Willis when I play my agent.

Is the storyline for scoundrel any good? Playing Republic now so cant really play an agent.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I'll agree that the story is good. But to anyone that rolls an op b/c they got owned by one in pvp, terrible idea. Ops have a lot of frontloaded damage, so they naturally take out lowbies pretty fast. Other than that they aren't nearly as strong as people seem to think. Their sustained damage once they're out of stealth is inferior to other classes by a fair amount, which really sucks considering how easily stealthers are spotted and how long it takes to get out of combat to return to stealth. They're probably the squishiest class in the game atm. If you get caught out of stealth you're pretty much a free kill to anyone of the same level or gear level. You'll see some nice crit videos of ops, but that's not ops, that's buff stacking, any class can get crazy crits when you're stacking buffs. Apart from this I do like playing my Op. We're great for peeling and can solo hold nodes for a long time if you throttle your cc and cds. Just don't roll one b/c you got gibbed by a geared 50 on your lowbie, you'll be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    I'll agree that the story is good. But to anyone that rolls an op b/c they got owned by one in pvp, terrible idea. Ops have a lot of frontloaded damage, so they naturally take out lowbies pretty fast. Other than that they aren't nearly as strong as people seem to think. Their sustained damage once they're out of stealth is inferior to other classes by a fair amount, which really sucks considering how easily stealthers are spotted and how long it takes to get out of combat to return to stealth. They're probably the squishiest class in the game atm. If you get caught out of stealth you're pretty much a free kill to anyone of the same level or gear level. You'll see some nice crit videos of ops, but that's not ops, that's buff stacking, any class can get crazy crits when you're stacking buffs. Apart from this I do like playing my Op. We're great for peeling and can solo hold nodes for a long time if you throttle your cc and cds. Just don't roll one b/c you got gibbed by a geared 50 on your lowbie, you'll be very disappointed.
    This sums it up imo.

I just hit 50 on my Operative (great story as everyone has mentioned, if your looking for an alt I would highly recommend this class). Before 50 I was Concealment spec for levelling and pvp and while the burst is great but as mentioned the sustained damage is rubbish, I haven't tried lethality but it has some great utility but the lack of TA generating abilities ( some will argue its fine, but I don't have all the data to make an informed decision).

For me I'm going medic for the warzones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Operative is pretty fun in Voidstar. I ninja'd my whole way to the prize :P. Story-wise, I prefer the JK because it's written as the successor to KoTOR 1 and 2.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wick3d View Post
    You are level 20 and got owned by a 50? And now you gonna reroll that class? What about you level your class and then get some pvp gear.
    I am and have leveled other toons. NO other class has wrecked me like that Op did. Like 2 shotted. NO other class has done that to me.

It wasn't ONLY because of this fact.. sorry i apparently didn't make this clear. I was curious, as i knew very little about the class, and though they only healer and were snipers, i had no idea they could be played like a rogue-type.

I'm in full champion gear as a tank specced Vanguard, I can last against battlemasters and champion geared people of any other class for quite a while, I've had 4-5 players beating on me even before now for longer than it takes a single semi-champion geared Operative to take me out. The have insane burst and it just keeps going. They open for 5-6k on me, this is with 50% damage reduction from armor and another 9% from expertise, then there's a dot ticking for 500, and they hit me for over 2k at a minimum non-crit every GCD.

It's even more silly when it's a non-tank, you last 5 seconds if you're lucky, even with 500 expertise.

Nobody else can take me down anywhere near as fast as an Operative.

They're actually fucking crazy.

I love being an Imperial Agent. The story was also fantastic, did they by any chance mention if they will expand of the class stories in future patches or is that something planned for expansions?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I'm talking about the fight with "You Know Who". Basically I couldn't use any ability on him as it was giving me "target not visible" or "cannot find target" or whatever it was. I had to pull him across the room so I could target him and do damage. Not that easy with tanking companion and VERY annoying when you have to do it several times. Certainly seems like a bug to me.
    yes i had same issue, think its the top of the steps thats bugged out. id have to get in said mobs pockets and atttack then would get "target not thingy", couldnt even target comp to heal her. so i just put comp on passive (i used vector or this, kaliyo was rubbish. so you just run round n round n los him forever), went up n attacked, dragged em down into room, put comp back on attack and just los him easy and interupt his looong cast times and repeat few times and bingo ....
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

I don't know why people are so obsessed with this story. Yeah, it's not bad, but it's nowhere near other Bioware games. Also the Chapter 1 choice was a generic "kill the civilians to capture the bad guy or let him go and save them", Mass Effect: Bring Down The Sky, anyone?. And that fight was bugged as hell. Seriously, get over it...

I love the female VA though, and the ship is probably the best there is.
    Except, and I didn't know this either until my friend playing an agent too found it out, You can actually join with Jadus and kill millions as well. It doesn't change the story completely, but there's lots of flavor to it ----more spoilers ahead---- Jadus comes back, and pretty much rules the dark council with an iron fist in story, and you go around and do your story missions the same, except people fear you as "The Hand of Jadus". That's pretty damn sweet possibilities if I say so myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    Play agent and roleplay as 007 oh yes.

Deleted
    I had this too. Seems a lot of people have it. The solution I found (on my 3rd try) was to use the cover at the bottom of the steps and pull him with Supression Fire. Once he leaves his starting position, it's fair game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazus View Post
    Play agent and roleplay as 007 oh yes.
    I have one named Agent Fisher (Imperial Cyborg lol) and I plan to go sniper. Has been fun so far.
    Last edited by Primernova; 2012-01-13 at 10:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My main is a lvl50 Chiss Operative. Like the social ability (pop out IPad and check emails/Facebook).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scoundrel and Operative was the only classes that interested me before the game even arrived. I don't like sabers, i don't like lightning, i don't like the "evil" cliché. (I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, my interested increased after starting with SWTOR though.)

I enjoy the story, and i enjoy the combat with knives. I am also a light sided operative

PERFECT class for me.