Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is it worth buying a mount?

I'm lvl 24 and just curious if it's worth buying a mount asap or if it's better to save credits

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you want to save credits for?

Buy mount asap, you get loads of credits by questing while levling

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    with a quick cast time and huge increase in speed. get it asap imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    What do you want to save credits for?
    I don't know that's why i'm asking

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm lvl 24 and just curious if it's worth buying a mount asap or if it's better to save credits
    You must not have traveled to Tatooine yet. You wouldn't give buying a mount a second guess if you had been there.

Mounts are certainly slower than WoW mounts, but they are heck of a lot faster than walking.

Yes, you should get your mount as soon as possible at level 25. Once you reach Tatooine, the planets there and after are huge, except Quesh, and the taxis are few and far between.

Now, at level 40 it is questionable if you should upgrade your speeder. You go from 90% -> 100% speed increase for 210k credits. I'm level 44 and haven't upgraded mine yet. At level 50 you go from 100% -> 110% for 330k credits.

Yes, get a speeder as soon as possible. When you start Tatooine, you'll be very glad you did. Nearly every planet from then on is gigantic, and you'll be hanging yourself if you try to quest on them on foot, even with Sprint.

Deleted
    You can't go to Tatooine or Hoth without a mount. Even at level 40 and the 100% speed mounts there's an improvement. In general, update your mounts' speed as soon as possible.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't know that's why i'm asking
    You ask a lot of questions that have common sense answers.

Do you make these threads to start discussions, or because you don't want to look the answers yourself?

If the former is true, there are so many other topics than the ones you choose that would be better. If the latter, play the game, enjoy yourself, and don't worry about making mistakes. The game is still new.

Pro-tip: If you're looking at the speeder vendor, make sure not to click or ctrl-click on any of them. (say, the level 3 one). In your bag it will go, even though you don't have an L3 riding skill, there's no "are you sure you want to buy this" warning, you'll get about 1/10th your money back if you try to return it, and creating a ticket on it will fall on deaf ears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Pro-tip: If you're looking at the speeder vendor, make sure not to click or ctrl-click on any of them. (say, the level 3 one). In your bag it will go, even though you don't have an L3 riding skill, there's no "are you sure you want to buy this" warning, you'll get about 1/10th your money back if you try to return it, and creating a ticket on it will fall on deaf ears.
    Wait, why would you ever want to ctrl-click on a mount? When has that ever done anything special? Also, I ctrl-click all sorts of things on vendors, orange gear etc and it has always done as I wanted, opened the dressing room. Perhaps you are ctrl-RIGHT-clicking on things, expecting some result other than buying it. OFC such things as that will fall on deaf ears.

Left-click = select
    Right-click = interact/use/buy

This has always been a common input method in sooo many games, why are people suddenly having issues with it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    This has always been a common input method in sooo many games, why are people suddenly having issues with it now?
    Ctrl+Right-clicking an orange item in this game allows you to see exactly what mods are in it. That's why people are suddenly having issues with it now.

Not sure how that would apply to speeders as they have no mods, but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Ctrl+Right-clicking an orange item in this game allows you to see exactly what mods are in it. That's why people are suddenly having issues with it now.

Not sure how that would apply to speeders as they have no mods, but still.

ESC => Preferences => User Interface => Tooltip => Show Detailed Tooltips

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Mounts are certainly slower than WoW mounts, but they are heck of a lot faster than walking.
    Mounts aren't slower in SW:TOR. First wow-mount you get is +60% speed vs +90% in SW:TOR. Second mount is equal with +100% for both games. The third mount in wow is faster than the third mount in SW:TOR(+150% vs +110% - and the wow-mount can fly). wowhead.com/skill=762

The only reason you can say they are faster in wow is because you are thinking of flying mounts. That wasn't implemented before the first wow expansion(tbc). And back in Vanilla, there where only 2 ranks. +60% at lvl 40 and +100% at lvl 60.

TL : DR: SW:TOR mounts are faster than the equivalent mounts in wow.

And OT: YES YES YES! Buy the mount ASAP when you turn 25. You can find a mount vendor at the trading area in the Republic Fleet (north east) or on Tatooine. Haven't played Empire yet, so don't know where that is.
    Basically there isn't a lot of useful things to spend your money on before level 50, unless you like to buy new gear (which isn't really necessary for questing) or if you want to get your Crew Skills up - the cost of this depends a lot on what skills you have taken. The only thing I find a bit important is ship upgrades IF you do Space Missions. I would say at least lvl 1 in all 6 slots and maybe upgrade to lvl 3 in missile/blaster when you get the level for it. However the first couple of missions are fairly easy, so lvl 3 can wait until you start getting problems with the missions.

I bought the first one but been a tight yorkshireman i didnt buy the 2nd/3rd and happily made 50 a week or so ago and still dont feel the need to upgrade,

In short - YES GET IT NOW but dont bother with future upgrades untill you have all your crew skills maxed and all level 50 companions gear decked out

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    ESC => Preferences => User Interface => Tooltip => Show Detailed Tooltips
    Yes, I'm well aware of that, thank you. In fact I told someone how to do that in another thread earlier. However, that doesn't show you ALL of the details. For instance, Armor rating on Armoring mods. Ctrl+right-clicking does.

Deleted
    Well, I'm lvl 32 and have over 150k credits from questing so, it's not hard to get the money back

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    You can't go to Tatooine or Hoth without a mount.
    Agreed. I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a fork than quest on those two planets without a mount.

All Tattoine+ zones are tuned to expect you have a mount.. The areas are HUGE but the road is pretty much clear of mobs.

So mount does wonders there.