Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Wait, why would you ever want to ctrl-click on a mount? When has that ever done anything special? Also, I ctrl-click all sorts of things on vendors, orange gear etc and it has always done as I wanted, opened the dressing room. Perhaps you are ctrl-RIGHT-clicking on things, expecting some result other than buying it. OFC such things as that will fall on deaf ears.

Left-click = select
    Right-click = interact/use/buy

This has always been a common input method in sooo many games, why are people suddenly having issues with it now?
    A simple warning box (for purchases of things you can't even USE yet), or even better, a simple refund from the vendor if you make a mistake (as long as you haven't equipped the item) are also pretty basic MMO features, not to be found here either.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm lvl 24 and just curious if it's worth buying a mount asap or if it's better to save credits
    ......not sure if surz? or a troll? I mean what else are you going to buy? traveling faster > any gear or anything you will ever get.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware of that, thank you. In fact I told someone how to do that in another thread earlier. However, that doesn't show you ALL of the details. For instance, Armor rating on Armoring mods. Ctrl+right-clicking does.

Except you can see your armour rating on the item itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    ......not sure if surz? or a troll? I mean what else are you going to buy? traveling faster > any gear or anything you will ever get.
    Unfortunately I lack psychic powers and am unaware what post 24 has to offer, be it better mounts, upgrades etc

Deleted
    Im lvl 48 and have 750k credits just by questing, go ahead and buy it

Quote Originally Posted by jammyd View Post
    I bought the first one but been a tight yorkshireman i didnt buy the 2nd/3rd and happily made 50 a week or so ago and still dont feel the need to upgrade,

In short - YES GET IT NOW but dont bother with future upgrades untill you have all your crew skills maxed and all level 50 companions gear decked out
    Actually higher level mounts makes you harder to get dismounted by mobs.. BW confirmed this.. For that.. it's very worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Actually higher level mounts makes you harder to get dismounted by mobs.. BW confirmed this.. For that.. it's very worth it
    i was getting sick of going KABOOOM

hmm time to get it then i guess

Cheers

Unfortunately I lack psychic powers and am unaware what post 24 has to offer, be it better mounts, upgrades etc
    Its just seems to me you know the answer to your question before you even made this thread. You still play / have played WoW, and in WoW faster travel > gear just like every other MMO. Not sure why SWTOR would be any different. AND for some crazy reason you would need to save your credits and not get a mount,then why do you see every 25+ player zooming around on mounts??
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I'm lvl 24 and just curious if it's worth buying a mount asap or if it's better to save credits
    Uh, considering the punitive travel required in this game by the time you reach 24 where they assume you have sprint, just wait till you do areas they expect you to have a mount and you don't. I mean, for Republic Tatooine is where they expect you to have a mount and I cannot imagine doing that place without.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Take up slicing and underworld trading. Send your companions out and you will have plenty of credits. Yes buy the mount it really is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    A simple warning box (for purchases of things you can't even USE yet), or even better, a simple refund from the vendor if you make a mistake (as long as you haven't equipped the item) are also pretty basic MMO features, not to be found here either.
    Because when I go to a vendor in WoW and buy a piece of plate gear on my druid I am asked to confirm said purchase?
    Because when I have purchased a piece of gear (not bought by JP/VP) in WoW and I sell it back to the vendor I get full price for it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Uh, considering the punitive travel required in this game by the time you reach 24 where they assume you have sprint, just wait till you do areas they expect you to have a mount and you don't. I mean, for Republic Tatooine is where they expect you to have a mount and I cannot imagine doing that place without.
    Indeedy, I really felt for a guy who was circle 27 and obviosuly hadnt got a mount, there is some quest in the dune sea where you have to setup or repair some transmitters and they are really far apart, we had to do them nearly twice because a guildy was a later comer to the group.

On the first pass we saw him running between post 2 and 3, then we went back to 1 to start it with a guilde and the poor soul was running between 3 and 4.

As long as you get it to start Tatooine, you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by shadet View Post
    Because when I go to a vendor in WoW and buy a piece of plate gear on my druid I am asked to confirm said purchase?
    Because when I have purchased a piece of gear (not bought by JP/VP) in WoW and I sell it back to the vendor I get full price for it?
    So because WoW has failed to do it, no one else should learn from their mistakes?

The first mount is a must. Spend the 48K (or 40K if you have one of the CE editions). it's well worth it.

the 2nd and 3rd tier mount speeds not so much. You get an increase of 10% speed at each tier and it takes more damage to unmount you but the price jumps incredibly high. I think Tier 2 riding is 200K and thats not counting the mount count of I think 25K.

I'm close to level 50 and have not bought the other riding speeds yet. I just haven't needed them and the cost is ridiculously high. Sure, I'll get them later but ther enot needed.

First riding skill and mount - BIG YES!

2nd and 3rd - Not really needed till much later.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    So because WoW has failed to do it, no one else should learn from their mistakes?
    "Pretty Basic MMO features" implies that it is something that every MMO should and does do. With WoW being the King of all MMOs (based on subscriber numbers) then I would expect it to be common place in said King. I can't remember getting constant prompts in Rift or Warhammer either when purchasing items for general currency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go level on Tattooine/Alderan/Hoth WITHOUT a mount and then come back and ask this question.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

I have level 3 of riding skill. I also have 1.3 mil credits. I don't have and never had slicing. I bought the riding skills and mounts when they became available to train/buy even if it broke me. Credits come pretty decently at Hoth and onward.

Why are some people so hostile? Just answer his question no need to rage at him because he doesn't know what it is like in the later levels.

Yes buy the mounts, the level 40 and 50 mount may have a minimal speed increase but when you dont get knocked off your mount by a gust of wind it is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I have level 3 of riding skill. I also have 1.3 mil credits. I don't have and never had slicing. I bought the riding skills and mounts when they became available to train/buy even if it broke me. Credits come pretty decently at Hoth and onward.
    I'm the same way. By the time I hit 50 I was sitting on 1.5mil credits. Got skills, mounts, and finished maxing profs. 1mil just sitting there.

This game throws credits at you, just need to avoid GTN and wasting it on stupid shit. Like overpriced low level epics and whatnot.

Mount = faster travel = make credits faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com