Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    and yet you haven't said how it feels more like a single player game and not a MMORPG

Single player: your by yourself no RL people join you maybe some npc's but that is it

MMORPG: you can group with people in many different ways like joining a guild questing together in groups of 2+ see tons of people in towns/hubs do raids and battlegrounds as well

there is the difference so tell me how Tor feels like a single player please.
    My post goes along way in conveying my thoughts to that affect, I also posted a reply to this very same question and many others throughout the forum. Please read those and if you have specific questions after i will try and answer those.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You quoted the post where I told about how he already had, and you ask me to once again tell you what he means?
    I'm sorry, but you seem to have no intention at all to have a discussion but rather to refute any criticism or opinion that isn't similar to yours with anger and setting up a brick wall. I will 'not' talk further to someone that can't be calm about this.
    Still trying to be his savior or something? The man made a crazy post, he posted on the SWTOR website, got shot down, now he is doing it here, gets shot down, and i'm sure one of the only reasons you defend him and agree with him is that it gives you an excuse to say why not to try this game as you already made a point of this. Btw if you missed it he said he is going to post it *again* on the SWTOR forums, like anything changed.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

if you haven't notice we are asking for details i dont get why you must defend him like hes family to you or something.

this thread is clearly made by a troll and should be locked since he can't defend his statements
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    He does not need white knighting or defending. The OP simply needs to give us what his standard of an MMO game is based on the principle that his criticisms of star wars as an MMO more or less apply to the games that are categorized as MMOS. We are still awaiting his thoughts on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    He does not need white knighting or defending. The OP simply needs to give us what his standard of an MMO game is based on the principle that his criticisms of star wars as an MMO more or less apply to the games that are categorized as MMOS. We are still awaiting his thoughts on this matter.
    i agree 100% and it seems he dose not want to answer so as i said this thread should be locked and the trolls removed.
    that's just my 2cents
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

TL DR, Sorry but big budget mmo's are always going to be subscription based. Free to play (one time purchase + expacs) are normally a draw developers use to create more interest in their game so people who might not of given it a go when it was under the subscription model might now give it a try.

Swtor on the other hand has delay releasing in area's to keep people out so they can provide a good experience (ie not constantly crashing servers).

So no you're pretty much dreaming im sorry to say, i love a none sub mmo too but its not going to happen with mmo's people want to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I took away from the OP is that SWTOR isn't an MMO because PvP servers don't feel like PvP servers because the first couple planets are faction protected and there are loading screens between planets. There is a pretty simple explanation for both of those "concerns." Firstly, the initial planets are faction protected because it is an absolute bitch to be a lowbie on a PvP server. Getting farmed by asshole max levels is SO MUCH FUN! I know that is why I quit playing on a PvP server on WoW after a short time. PvP servers for the most part are excuses for high levels to farm low level characters to inflate their epeen. If you want to have the PvP experience on a PvE server you can. Click your flag on. I know I jump and fight anyone I find flagged (of similar level) just because it is enjoyable to have those battles. It is incredibly stupid not to protect the low level areas from vultures and SWTOR has done that for the benefit of their players.
    As for loading screens, I will never understand why this is an issue. I really won't. Could you imagine how incredibly poorly SWTOR would run if the entire universe was on a single load to prevent you from ever having to go through a loading screen? It would take an hour to load and melt your computer trying to handle all that information. I don't understand how loading screens take you out of the game enough to say it shouldn't be a P2P MMO. When you switch continents in WoW you go through a loading screen. When you enter an instance or raid in any MMO ever you go through a loading screen. It isn't like a single player game where you load and the loaded place is the size of a small house. The worlds of SWTOR are massive. When single loaded areas are larger and more detailed than multiple zones (or even entire games) from MMOs, are you honestly surprised there is a loading screen?

You are welcome to your opinions, but to make statements like it shouldn't have a subscription is pretty dumb. You have experienced roughly 1/3rd of the game at 34. ONE THIRD. You just finished the first chapter of your first characters story (maybe). You haven't seen some of the best planets in the game, more than half the flashpoints, all the operations, all the heroic mode FPs, real PvP with other 50s, etcTry actually experiencing more than 1/3rd of something before you form an asinine opinion like this game should be free.

Closing this thread since, as well worded as it is, it is nothing more than another "SWTOR is a single player RPG and sucks" thread. If you don't like the game, quit. Don't write novels about why you don't like it to try and justify yourself quitting.

Addition: In case the OP or others do look at this thread again, the OP is 100% correct in that I closed this thread improperly. I should not have responded to the OP with my opinion and then closed the thread. I apologize. However, this thead reads 100% as a SWTOR is a single player RPG thread and there are plenty of those every day. I have no problem with people disliking the game. There are many things that I truly dislike about the game. It is off limits to post that it is a glorified single player game though as that is nothing but trolling.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-14 at 05:22 PM.