Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't get why people keep saying that Rift is bad. I think it's pretty good. It's just the artstyle that is a bit unattractive, I think.

It's too early to say if SW:TOR is a success or failure. It's barely been out for a month. You gotta give it a bit more time than that, although I know how impatient people can be.

Personally, I also hope GW2 is going to be awesome. I liked GW1 a bit, but the playstyle seemed a bit too awkward to me. GW2 seems to remedy that (in my case), so I am very excited about it.

And even though WoW is taboo in these kind of discussions, I still hope MoP is going to make WoW better. Not only because I like WoW, but because a little competition between games could never hurt.

Hum i feel your pain OP. I love pvp but can't even play properly on SWTOR due to nvidia card / badly optimized game. I currently have 2 subs (WoW and Swtor) and think about cancelling my Tor sub due to:
    - Denial of Bioware devs regarding this fps issue in warzone. Calling hardware problem to high end spec is an insult. Fixing emotes and babies name before this fps issue is another insult to customers.
    - Worst CRM ever on Bioware part.

Too bad because this game had potencial. Questing was amazing, planets are great, beside the operative pvp balance is quite good etc etc.

Read topic through 2 pages.
    And I think EvE Online is remedium for you all. Never liked sci-fi before and got hooked by this sandbox in just one day

SWTOR is great, i dunno what you're smoking.

or just wait with jumping in the hype train. after warhammer and rift. i'll just wait till there is a free trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirik View Post
    I am done with MMO's until titan, I get on the hype train way to often and then get let down on release

*cough* Rift
    *cough* SWTOR
    If you may answer this, but why did you not like those games?

Because from this perspective, I think you're one of those idiots that don't know what they want and just wish wow was as great as your nostalgia memories about it. Assuming if you do play wow. And Titan will be hyped up as well, just like all those games and won't meet your expectations because it isn't wow. Not to mention its made by Blizzard... so yeah...

If GW2 isn't good then I am not going to play it lol. Simple as that. There are single player games that are far greater than the MMO's of today.

Deleted
    The great thing about it being so different is that even if its a let down it won't be because it is just a boring knock off of Wow but rather because it is unique and different and it is just personal taste which puts some people off. Also what's great is the you can just purchase and there's no real regret as its just a one off payment.

Deleted
    I think its been rather easy to see that the other mmos wouldnt be a great succes, swtor being the exception, but thats mostly because it being sci-fi instead of fantasy, and then the obivious star wars franchise that will pull in even more people. i just never seen anything in the other games that would give me a reason to play them instead of wow.

but gw2 seems like its going to be something that stands out a bit, plus they dont seem to plan on taking wows players, but rather gain their own, unlike what i had the feeling rift/warhammer/conan tried too.
    Anyways, only time will tell how good it is, but im sure there is a reason to be positive, even tho im not sure i can find time to play it

Quote Originally Posted by ZenTaurus View Post
    So SWTOR is a fail as well? (dunno, didn't play)
    No, way better than rift imo, still look like wow a lot but VERY VERY VERY GOOD imo its wow logn lost soul sister imo.

And story wise its the best mmo i played in a long time all that voice acting is just pure delicousness give a true feel to your character.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 10:18 AM ----------

I leveled a scoundrel to 50, got full epics through hardmodes flashpoints / PvP.

It is literally the same end game grind as WoW. I prefer WoW's setting and end game grind more though. So no, I don't like SWTOR. I stopped playing completely and cancelled my subscription.
    WHen he say hardmode flashpoint, its nto really hardmode just the 50 version of all flashpoint thats it see it like heroic dungeon in wow its nowhere near hardmode imo, some are little hard but its fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Hmm, I'll take that advice Let's hope GW2's philosophy is enough to reduce the amount of trolls, compared to WoW, since they really want us to work together as a team ingame.
    I think they're building a serious game for serious, but i don't mean, shudder, leetist, gamers...but that it will also attract many others who hopefully will full under the spell of their philosophy and become better people
    Hopefully the silliest folk will get distracted by something shiny and wander off after that...never bothering Tyria because a) b2p means bad because of x, y, z b) no end game c) it's all pvp d) it's all pve gimmick quests e) whatever else they wanna say tbh...

&
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Read topic through 2 pages.
    And I think EvE Online is remedium for you all. Never liked sci-fi before and got hooked by this sandbox in just one day
    LOVE Eve Frontier for the modern age so easy to get, wonderfully, lost in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Hehe, I know the feeling =)
    City of Heroes, Age of Conan, Warhammer online, Champions online, Rift, SWtor. I've ridden every fail train.
    Seems as though you'd be the biggest fail of them all then.
    sucker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Good Report and ignore Hopefully if we do this enough without engaging them, unless they display at least a meager interest in info, many will go away
    It's the getting into arguments with them I think that is the biggest problem
    oh yea i totally started an argument with the person who is going to report me.

15+ Year Old Account
    mmorpg genre needs a revolution imo. Every single game out there feels the same.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    I'm sure GW2 will be great. My hype has faded a bit but that doesn't matter to me. I know it's gonna come back when it's closer to release. The reason I haven't even tried swtor is because the pvp. I want pvp similar to what you see in the sw movies - Aerial combat and wars in the open world. Is there any nice world pvp? Vehicle combat?
    Also, I don't really like how combat looks.. The animations look really dull. What about some mutilation? Finishers? You're playing with light sabers. I'd expect that to actually show. Little details like that could make a big difference to me. Maybe I'm just too picky. I'm not saying it seems like a bad game though. I just happen to have my vision of what specifically a star wars mmo should look like and unless it's close to that I don't want it ^^ Silly, I know. Also it's the fact that swtor builds on a dated mmo formula. I'm eager to try the new generation. It feels like I've been on this level too long

Deleted
    If the game isn't as amazing as I thought, I simply blaze through it's content and put it down.

Thats the joys of no subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    If you may answer this, but why did you not like those games?

If GW2 isn't good then I am not going to play it lol. Simple as that. There are single player games that are far greater than the MMO's of today.
    Singleplayer games get's pretty emo and lonely in the long run, part of the reason people adore MMOs is because is Massive Multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my eyes, the only company that can top WoW is blizzard. Not only that, look at blizzard's track record.. they aren't really known for making bad pc games.

They know how to make refreshing, innovative games.

We can call it the "safety mmo"
    i think i am one of the few people that does not like Blizzard games. played AoE over Warcraft, didn't like Diablo 1 or 2, didn't like WoW even though i played for 4 years (i swear friends can make a turd seem edible) and i never liked Starcraft 1 or 2 at all. they actually bored me. i have very little recognition for the Blizzard brand as a whole. /shrug.

OT: it is a very individual question for the most part as some may view GW2 as a failure while others think it's the 2nd coming of MMO gaming. but with fans from the original i see GW2, at the very least, having a healthy population on which they can only improve.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2012-01-14 at 03:38 PM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    oh yea i totally started an argument with the person who is going to report me.
    I think you were misinterpreted. Sorry, didn't read your original post. You're clearly saying you would die if it wasn't good after the promise of such a good game feel u

Didn't say you were making an argument. I meant that often ppl get into arguments with ppl who are perceived as trolling. Feeding 'em ain't good
    Toodles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Singleplayer games get's pretty emo and lonely in the long run, part of the reason people adore MMOs is because is Massive Multiplayer.
    Not really. Psychology indicates that wow is popular because it is a society of its own. Consider this, the different servers, think of them as countries of each of them with their own individuality. Like Warsong US, tons of Brazilian players in and a few english speaking people, as other servers have tons of English. When said character completes that causes a rise in self esteem, such as achievement or server first or recognition, or etc. then they will feel very good about themselves and continue to play that game.

WoW is very accessible. Like very simple computer hardware requirements to run the game and a simple install, and voila you're in. Its the same reason why its so popular compared to other mmos that are arguably supremely better than this shit.

That is the reason why single player games aren't adored as much.

However, as soon as people start realizing some things about wow like I did, then you'll see why WoW is so addictive and why its famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not terribly worried about Guild Wars 2 not meeting my personal expectations. Unlike some other posters in this thread, I did not get excited for Warhammer, Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, and so on. I knew about them, read up about them, and just didn't get all that interested. What interests me most in Guild Wars 2 has been pretty well demonstrated already. There are some things I'm uncertain about, but I could still enjoy the game without those aspects working out well.

If, however, Guild Wars 2 still does not meet my expectations, I'm thinking I can still enjoy The Secret World. Not because I think it'll be a significant improvement over other MMORPGs, but mostly because I think the setting is interesting and distinct enough that I'd like getting my otherwise pretty standard MMORPG kicks in there.