Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Private RP - (Grove of the Ancients)

((Private RP between Tovarish24 (Tovarish) and Diabloss (Bintah/Ben) ))

The clouds parted in a burst of air, as two vibrant Gryphons came shooting down at screaming speed. Following the path of the cliff sides along the Ridges between Darkshore and Felwood, the two Gryphons spiraled in glory until leveling out over the Ruins of Mathystra. Their destination was Lor'Danal, as Auberdine had been destroyed in the Cataclysm. There was a flight path near the Grove of the Ancients, the destination of the men mounted on the great birds. However, the Flight Master from which the Gryphons came, Flight Master Gur'lokt, had not taught his Gryphons the route to that particular area. Alas, the Heros were willing for a journey, as they were both in need of spreading their proverbial wings.

The Gryphons traveled in a helix, slowly coasting downward to the roost. Landing gently, Tovarish Earthfang, and his companion Ben, the wizard, flipped their legs over the beast's backs, and tugged gently on their robes, to loosen the kinks. Tovarish, still having yet to reveal his Worgen form, (though Ben likely had the ability to sense the curse, as he is partially trained in the magics of Shadow) turned and smiled at his new friend.

It was nearly nighttime, and Tovarish looked up at the sun, squinting gently. He could feel the power of Nature stemming from its rays, and felt empowered. The air smelled of the rich salty sea. Lor'Danel is on a small island, cut off from mainland only by rivers on three quarters of it's mass, and thus the fourth is adjacent to the Veiled Sea. There was a fog, mixed with a light mist from the sea cracking on the rocks, rolling in at this time. The temperature was lower than usual, as the winds from the sea were very high. The moon above Azeroth was beginning to peak out in the sky, just behind a thin, light cloud.

Tovarish could hear the sounds of Azerothian gulls cawing in the distance, over the rough sea. The waves were small, but coming in fast, and splashing high when slamming into the rocks. Tovarish thought the sight was surreal, as the power of the sea always appealed to him. It was like mother Nature's finest, most wrathful creation, and it scared him to the point of intrigue.

In the distance, when the waves got quiet, the far away sounds of war machines being constructed were coming from the northeast. It was the Shatterspear Warcamp that sat tucked away in the tip of Darkshore, its back to the mountainsides. Tovarish shuddered at the idea of going there, and was glad that it sat in the opposite direction of his destination.

The two comrades were heading to the Grove of the Ancients, to find an Ancient, Thalassian tome, containing the knowledge to learn the spell called "Rebirth," as he found it most desirable to be able to resurrect a fallen comrade in combat. Tovarish, while not one for fighting, was skilled in the arts of healing, and always found this spell to be a sort of pinnacle of the healing ways. He had long been seeking the tome, but only recently found a clue to its location. Excitement was in his heart, and beauty was flooding his senses. This was his time.

Still, however, glad to have a newfound companion by his side, Tovarish turned to Ben,

"My friend, we have arrived at our location. Beautiful yes? The waves have my lungs tied and my breath drawn. Fantastic! What do you say we check into the local Inn to find shelter for the night, and sit back for a good conversation? We shall begin our journey come sun up? Yes?"

Tovarish happily looked at Ben, awaiting a response.
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-01-14 at 08:13 PM.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Bintah alights from his gryphon, silently thanking it for making the journey to Darkshore with them. He turns, facing the sea, and breathes in deeply; the smell of the sea was invigorating. Lost in the beauty of the scene, Bintah almost does not notice when his companion Tovarish asked him several questions at a time.

"I is indeed beautiful. I can see an inn from here; let us go ask for a room."

Bintah tears his gaze away from the clashing waves and begins to walk at a leisurely pace towards the inn, his crimson staff meeting the ground with a solid thud with every stride.

"So, tell me more about this Grove that we will be visiting. How far is it? And who lives there?"

((Very nice setup, great details))
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

10+ Year Old Account
    The sun was on the verge of setting, and Tovarish stepped down from the Gryphon roost as he peered up at the setting sun. The sky was gorgeous, mixing hot pinks and oranges with deep purples and a dark blue in the distance. The haze was beginning to clear and Tovarish could better see the Inn that he and Ben were moving towards. It was tall Inn, with Night Elven architecture, and great purple and blue tones. The aura of Nature emanated from the Inn, and Tovarish felt right at home.

As the two controllers of magic moved lightly across the pathways, Tovarish looked forward as he spoke to his partner.

"It is the Grove of the Ancients. When in my study years ago, back in Gilneas, before the Cataclysm, I stumbled upon an old notebook written by one of my ancestors. It spoke of the power to resurrect one's fallen comrades in battle, as I explained back at the Tavern. The notebook spoke of an Ancient Thalassian tome that exists in the Grove. It did not speak specifically of the Grove, but rather contained a riddle that has led me here. For many years, I wished to seek the tome, however, my life in Borean Tundra is far from here, and I attempt to make my trips back to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms few and far between. However, my studies in Northrend have reached an impasse, and I have found the fires in my heart burning once more to find this tome and learn its powers. There is legend of an ancient Elven guardian spirit that watches over the Grove, but I have hopes that my skill in the arts of Elven tongue should make such a legend no problem of mine. I hope greatly to find the tome there. We will find the Grove in the southernmost part of Darkshore. The journey should take us about three days travel on foot. I find excitement welling in my body, Ben, I have long foreseen the coming of this day. It honors me to have you by my side."

The two companions, both in the disguise of old Human men, had reached the Inn. They stepped through the doors. Tovarish walked forward towards the innkeeper, and ordered two rooms, two hot meals, and a tall order of liquor for himself, as he knew his friend did not partake in the alcohol.

Turning back to Ben, Tovarish asked:

"So my friend! What do you say to a good meal, a deep sleep, and a new journey!"
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Binta enters the tavern alongside Tovarish, and waits patiently as he and the innkeeper decide on a plan for the night. A good night's rest will make for a fine beginning for their journey, even if the meal is unnecessary.

"All three sound delightful," Bintah responds. "Though make the meal small for me - I'm not especially hungry."

As Bintah looks around the inn, he finds it odd that there are only a few travelers staying at the inn, though it is sundown - usually a good crowd is in attendance.

"Don't you think the foyer looks a bit underpopulated, Tovarish?" He asks his friend.
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down

10+ Year Old Account
    Tovarish smiles at the notion of getting the chance to talk history. He orders half the meal for his friend be cancelled, and walks over to Ben.

"Come my friend, sit with me, and I will tell you why this is so."

The two comrades have a seat together.

((Are you Ok with me doing stuff like this? It feels kind of Godmode, and I don't want you to feel like I'm controlling your character. But I am making him take actions that I've only assumed you have consented to based on your actions thus far. For example, making us walk together, or have a seat together. I feel that it just helps move the story along if we don't have to wait for each other every time we need to move 5 feet. Let me know, but for the sake of the story now I'm going to continue.))

Tovarish takes a hefty swig from his pure liquor that filled his glass. Setting it down, and looking up at Ben, he spoke.

"You see, times are slow and harsh here in Darkshore. Prior to the Cataclysm, Auberdine was the only major harbor in the Darkshore area. It served as the central, and the only trade hub for the zone. When Deathwing first came to Azeroth, he passed over Auberdine at blazing speeds, destroying everything in his path with great burning flames. The town, destroyed, and the survivors limited, Auberdine was simply abandoned. The townsfolk who survived live here now, but are few and far between. It is thus a somber place, Darkshore, newly quite befitting of it's name. A sad story really, I must admit. I fear for the continued inhabitance of Darkshore, however."

Not wanting the conversation to get too dark, after bearing all that information on Ben, Tovarish quickly added to his speach.

"But! All is well now for these people, they have come to peace with Mother Earth and understand how to move on. You and I are here to travel to a different place, in addition. So let us not fret! Enjoy this time!"

((With small stuff like that, it's okay. Bear in mind that as a Faceless One, Bintah doesn't really eat, so that's something you can't Godmode with. But just moving a few feet is not a big deal at all.))

Bintah frowns as he hears the terrible story of the destruction of Darkshore.

"I see. That is very much a pity. The last time I visited this place it was very lively, and was filled with the sounds of animals. It will be saddening to walk through the ruins. But, as you say, let us move on to a more enjoyable topic."

Bintah smiles as Tovarish quickly drains his glass. "You are certainly an able drinker! Don't drink too much, or the start to our journey tomorrow will be filled with headaches."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ben's wisecrack made Tovarish chuckle out loud.

"Haha! My friend, fret not, for I have spent a lifetime taming the pitfalls of the liquor!"

Tovarish had ordered his friend's meal out of customary tradition, but he noticed that Ben was only picking at his food. Suddenly his mind relapsed to the Tavern at which they met. Ben had not drank any of his pour at the Tavern. Then another memory flashed into Tovarish's mind. Ben had quite clearly hesitated when revealing his name to Tovarish.

Something didn't feel right. Tovarish truly felt that his new friend was not hostile. But there was a sense he was getting about Ben, something was not right. Not wanting to dawn the face of hostility or accuse Ben for anything he was not guilty of, Tovarish dialed back his suspicion and led into his intrigue with a simple question.

"Tell me friend, why do you not eat your food? Have you not hunger and the need for energy?

((Just a note, you kind of Godmoded me there on the drinking thing, but it's cool, no worries! I kind of forced you into having food, but it would have been even MORE suspicious if you had not had any food in front of you at all. Also, I'm not trying to force you to reveal being a Faceless to Tovarish, but as my character, these are things that Ben has done in front of him, so the intrigue in his mind is building quickly))
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-01-15 at 08:37 PM.

Bintah frowns as he considers Tovarish's question. As a Faceless One, he did not have any need for food or drink, but he did not have any desire to reveal this to Tovarish. It would most likely lead to an abrupt end to both their friendship and their journey.

"Actually, in my capacity as a spell-caster, I have the ability to store pure energy, and use it at my discretion. I can easily not eat for many days at a time. Do not worry yourself, I am in no way starving myself."

Bintah smiles. "Do not feel bad about eating in front of me though, I don't mind."

((A little white lie, though I suppose that in Warcraft terms a mana gem would no doubt serve a function like that))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((A fair compromise indeed! Though I have hopes that one day Tovarish will somehow discover your true identity! ))

"I understand, great mage. The food here is less than desirable, so have no fear that you are missing great taste!"

Tovarish laughs, but had made an attempt to keep his jest at a low volume, as not to insult those who lived there, or moreover, cooked the food! Calling an employee of the Inn over, Tovarish coaxed her for another drink.

"Fair barmaid, would you be so kind to spill liquid love into my cup?"

Turning back to Ben, Tovarish began to lay out his plans for the trip.

"So, I feel that we ought to rise at sun-up. We shall travel south, with moderate haste. My goal is to make the trip take no longer than three days walk. Tomorrow, we travel to the Ruins of Auberdine. I find the urge to see what havoc Deathwing hath wreaked, and there is an outpost there where we shall find shelter for the night. The morrow next, we will head just south of the Eye of the Vortex, I have heard tale of a tower there, where we will hopefully be able to sleep. Finally, on the third day, we should reach the Grove before sundown, and I hope to accomplish this goal as I know not what we would do if arriving after nightfall."

The Barmaid arrives with Tovarish's drink, and he slips her a gold coin as compensation.

"Thank you, lady."

Finally, he takes another large swig, and adjusts his attention back to Ben.

Bintah nods his head as he listens to Tovarish outline their journey.

"I see. It sounds like you have planned this very well. With luck, all will go according to plan and we will reach the grove in three days."

Bintah pauses for a moment, considering whether or not he should share his thoughts.

"Tell me, have you heard of a place by the name of The Master's Glaive?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Tovarish, glad that Ben understands his plans, now turns his attention to the unusual question thrust his way.

"I believe that is Southwest of here, however, I know little of the area or the glaive itself. Does this place interest you?"

Tovarish didn't know what to think. Was Ben just now remembering something about the ancient place, or had he intentionally waited until now to suddenly mention interest in an area near the Grove? Not wanting to keep questioning his friend, nor tangle his mind in any bought that evening, Tovarish threw back his drink once more and planned to continue the conversation.

((I read up on the Glaive, oh boy, what could you have planned :P))

Bintah frowns. The creature imprisoned at the Master's Glaive was unknown to him, but he had heard rumors of cultists attracted to the place. If a being like that was to break free, there would be repercussions.

"I have a scholarly interest in the site, yes. If we pass by it, I should like to visit it to study it a little."

Bintah frowns again, lost in thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Concerned but inquisitive, Tovarish asked:

"The site lies just south of the Grove, probably 2, maybe 3 hours walk. I have no reason to wish not to visit there, and would be happy to accompany you. Though, my friend, I must ask, is something wrong? I often find a sullen look upon your face."

The outdoors grew quiet. The birds of Darkshore were fluttering into their nests for the night. The great bears that wandered the lands retreated to their caves. Even the Warcamp to the north began to grow silent. A slight but noticeable chill whisked through the air, and kissed the hairs upon the back of Tovarish's neck. He shuddered.

Nightfall had engulfed the skies of Darkshore, and Tovarish grew weary. The time for the two adventurers to find sleep was upon them, but Tovarish could not help but sense something was wrong. At this point however, he wished to conclude his conversation, and take rest for the journey ahead.
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-01-16 at 09:51 PM.

Bintah smiled at the look of concern on Tovarish's face.

"Do not worry yourself, it's nothing. However, I see that you grow weary. What say you we rest for the night and begin our journey on the morrow?"

So saying, Bintah stands up, and, finding the innkeeper behind his counter, asks him where the rooms are. Coming back to the table, Bintah says, "Let's retire for the night. The rooms are just up the stairs."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Agreed my companion."

Tovarish stood up, walking behind Ben, towards the stairs of the inn. His feet dragged, he was tired from the Gryphon ride, as it takes a lot of work for an old man to keep hold on one of the mighty beasts. The first stair creaked loudly, as Ben walked over it, and when Tovarish set foot upon it, the sound felt that much louder. The two men parted at their rooms, and Tovarish used the key he was given to unlock the door in front of him. Walking a few feet forward, he could see inside the abode. A small cot, likely filled with straw, sat low to the ground. There was a medium sized wooden dresser, made of Elvish craft, sitting against the wall adjacent to the cot. The room had not much else to it, but a table on the opposite wall. Tovarish unclamped the clip holding his shoulder guards to his robe, and lifted the great wooden crests from his body, setting the great works of Druidic manufacture on the ground near the bed. He then gripped the collar of his mighty tan cloak, and peeled it from his skin. Left only in his undergarments, Tovarish slipped into the bed, choosing a sitting position at first. A smile grew across his face as he considered the mission ahead of him. Many years he had toiled with the desire to seek this great tome, and at last, he had finally begun the search. Laying gently down onto his back, he pulled the blanket of wool over his old form, and shut his eyes, as a deep slumber overtook him.

((I'm going to move on to the next day to keep things rolling, if you want to talk about what Ben did when he parted from Tovarish, just go for it, it'll work itself out.))

A great beam of divine light came crashing through the window of Tovarish's room. Startled, the great druid awoke in bewilderment, and rose to a sitting position in a jolt.

"Ah, tis only the great sun over the Veiled Sea."

Tovarish had left the window open a crack over night, and a gust of hair had whipped one of the curtains, causing the sudden entry of light.

"And so the journey begins!"

With his startling encounter with light over, excitement began to well in his veins, and he flipped his feet around off the bed. Hastily undoing the process of taking his clothes off for the night, Tovarish completed his dressing with his cloth shoes. Glancing around the room for the sake of doing so, Tovarish nodded his head in resolution and walked out his door.

((Obviously you have free reign here to do whatever you want, but I figure you're either still in your room, in the hallway, or already downstairs, whatever you choose, I'll be able to react, so don't think you have to be in your room.))

Bintah gets off his bed in a smooth motion, summoning his staff to him as he does so. Despite not having a need for sleep, not doing anything for several hours is still a good rest. He brushes off his robe to get rid of the fluff that accumulated from sleeping in it and sighs, giving it up for a lost cause. He looks outside, at the bustle of the town - it is nowhere near as crowded as Stormwind or Orgrimmar, but it does have its charms.

Bintah puts on his boots, the black leather forming directly to his feet as he slides them on - a nice perk to a transformational magic. Finished with his preparations for the day, Bintah leaves the room, softly closing the door behind him to avoid waking anyone. He descends the stairs to the common room, where he acquires a table. He asks the innkeeper to be ready to get his companion some food and drink - no doubt Tovarish eats as heartily at breakfast as he does at any other meal.

Bintah frowns as he considers the madness that provoked him to extend their journey to the Master's Glaive - no good would come of it. However, he felt it to be his duty to keep creatures like that from becoming a threat to the peace he feels away from the intrigues of the old gods. Glancing up, he sees bleary eyed travelers crawling out of their rooms to begin the day - doubtless Tovarish would be among them soon. "It's time to begin..." He thinks to himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tovarish, now shutting his door behind him, looked over to the entryway that Ben had passed through the night before. The occupied sign had been turned back around, and Tovarish assumed his friend would be downstairs. Stepping one final time across the first stair, Tovarish anticipated the loud squeak he had heard the night before. Oddly enough, the stair remained quiet. Now slightly confused because of the stair, Tovarish rubbed his eyes and peered around the Inn for Ben. Spotting the Wizard, Tovarish stopped by the Innkeeper to order some food.

"Your friend over there already ordered you one large meal Sir."

Shocked at the thoughtfulness of the wizard, Tovarish nodded in thanks, and moved over to the table where his comrade sat.

"Good morning, friend. I give you many thanks for preparing a meal in advance, I am quite hungry. Are you as filled with excitement as I am for this adventure?"

Bintah laughs at the incredulous expression on the face of Tovarish.

"Don't worry about it, I guessed that this would save us some time in the long run. I'm glad you appreciate it. I am very excited to begin our journey!"

Bintah pauses to look around the inn once more. "Just tell me when you are finished with your meal, and we can start!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Tovarish looked down at his meal. Picking at the remains, he decided he was full, or at least convinced himself he was, as he was too anxious to stall their venture any longer.

"Let us be off, my friend, I cannot delay any longer."

With that, Tovarish stood up, and Ben followed. They walked out of the inn, while giving a nod of thanks to the innkeeper. Taking to the road southward, Tovarish decided to spark up a conversation.

"So, Ben, tell me about your past. You seem to be a powerful wizard, and I would take great joy in listening to any tales you might have to offer."

((This is your chance to make up a cool, fake backstory, unless of course you find the desire to tell the truth :P))

Bintah smiled as they walked along the road. A history? That was something he definitely could not share.

"Oh, my story is uninteresting. I simply grew up with a good talent for magic, and have been studying my entire life. Your own story is much more enthralling."

Bintah sighs, his smile fading.

"Actually, I wish my story was more interesting, then I would have a good conversation starter!"

Bintah feels a twinge of regret at his lies, but they are better than losing his friend altogether.