A little info on the Legacy system.

There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Legacy seems like it might be interesting some day, but I don't know of any specific details on what it will offer. So far, it doesn't seem like Bioware has announced any trees or options that will be available via legacy. If they have, please provide a link.

The blog from G4 doesn't tell us anything at all that we don't already know. I'll sum it up for those who don't want to click the link:

Legacy unlocks after you complete Act I.
    Currently, you can create a surname, otherwise, it has no effect.
    In the future, abilities might be granted for legacy experience/levels.
    One of them might be the ability to travel faster at lower levels on alts.

That's pretty much the entire article in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Legacy seems like it might be interesting some day, but I don't know of any specific details on what it will offer. So far, it doesn't seem like Bioware has announced any trees or options that will be available via legacy. If they have, please provide a link.

The blog from G4 doesn't tell us anything at all that we don't already know. I'll sum it up for those who don't want to click the link:

Legacy unlocks after you complete Act I.
    Currently, you can create a surname, otherwise, it has no effect.
    In the future, abilities might be granted for legacy experience/levels.
    One of them might be the ability to travel faster at lower levels on alts.

That's pretty much the entire article in a nutshell.
    Not quite.

There's also the mention that you might be able to change the way you level. For example, you could get more experience out of PvP (making you not have to do Taris quests for a 3rd or 4th time, etc). Not to mention that you might encounter one of your own characters in a Luke vs. Vader showdown, which provides all sorts of openings for really awesome quests.

While I knew you got your legacy after Act 1, and I knew you'd eventually get abilities and such for the levels we're gaining, I didn't know any of that other stuff. Especially the ability to get a mount sooner on alts. That has made me decide to hold off on the number of alts, and just get a second character to 50. Hopefully, we'll know more by that time. It would be a shame to make a human Sith Warrior, and find out later you could have made something a lot more awesome.

Deleted
    Interesting. So the information hinted at is in fact, from official sources? (I apologize if it's mentioned in the post, I only skimmed it)

They got the info from James Ohlen himself, so yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    Not quite.

There's also the mention that you might be able to change the way you level. For example, you could get more experience out of PvP (making you not have to do Taris quests for a 3rd or 4th time, etc). Not to mention that you might encounter one of your own characters in a Luke vs. Vader showdown, which provides all sorts of openings for really awesome quests.

While I knew you got your legacy after Act 1, and I knew you'd eventually get abilities and such for the levels we're gaining, I didn't know any of that other stuff. Especially the ability to get a mount sooner on alts. That has made me decide to hold off on the number of alts, and just get a second character to 50. Hopefully, we'll know more by that time. It would be a shame to make a human Sith Warrior, and find out later you could have made something a lot more awesome.
    A perk that increases class quest rewards by 300% or so, yes please.