Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I read about it, got excited, remembered it was f2p, became dissapointed.

I will never play a f2p game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    I mean what the feck? Half of my friends r like meh i´ll stick to WoW even when I said what was coming.
    Why wouldn´t you want to get rid of the the holy trinity system?
    Why would you want to keep the boring never endless questing?

If you can name one thing that Wow is better then the featured GW2 has i´ll be surprised , if something it is the unique pvp that WoW has which is the only thing I enjoy.
    Perhaps the millions of people raiding in wow don´t want to play a game like GW2 with zero raiding ?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    On the other hand, I can't really visualize how, in the 5 man setups they'll be using, there won't be more pressure on some players than others in a given instance.. unless the idea of threat is going to completely be thrown out the window.
    there is no "fake" threat in guild wars. so that aspect of "tanking" is gone.

there will be more individual responsibility in 5m of gw2. simply because there are less people and the combat system places more emphasis on personal skill. as was the case in gw1 to an extent.

kinda exciting! (my opinion of course)

I read about it, got excited, remembered it was f2p, became dissapointed.

I will never play a f2p game.
    except it's not f2p?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    it doesn't. he's simply contextualizing the holy trinity class system as it exists in warcraft. which while wildly popular is not the only game to use such a system or the first.
    You certainly like to jump down peoples throats don't you. I don't dislike the system it works and I loved it for years so don't start ranting. And I've played every MMO since EQ. Having a trinity system boils it down to you take the damage, you pewpew, you make green bars grow. There can be some interesting fight mechanics like avoid this dps this down first etc. but no matter what it is a restricted encounter because it requires someone to take all the damage someone to kill things and someone to make sure those two don't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    How is that dynamic, and how does living without this prevent dynamic gameplay? I think it even does the opposite.
    I think you misread my first post >_> I stated it PREVENTS dynamic game play. The example I posted is an example of how its not dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    Perhaps the millions of people raiding in wow don´t want to play a game like GW2 with zero raiding ?
    Few people actually raided in WoW before LFR. Well, few compared to the numbers.

Few people actually raided in WoW before LFR. Well, few compared to the numbers.
    Erm... Few? Don't make me laugh.

And in my personal opinion, I will check out GW2 maybe... but I already hated Guild Wars so, it's not that interesting to me...
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    You certainly like to jump down peoples throats don't you. I don't dislike the system it works and I loved it for years so don't start ranting. And I've played every MMO since EQ. Having a trinity system boils it down to you take the damage, you pewpew, you make green bars grow. There can be some interesting fight mechanics like avoid this dps this down first etc. but no matter what it is a restricted encounter because it requires someone to take all the damage someone to kill things and someone to make sure those two don't die.
    i wasn't jumping down your throat. i was not allowing that statement to go by passively. role defined gameplay has no effect on the dynamism of encounters.

that's a perception that is kinda faulty and only true of a particular era of warcraft that reduced the trinity system to include dps as a point of design.

10+ Year Old Account
    because imo, gw1 was terrible and i see no reason to be excited for 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    Erm... Few? Don't make me laugh.

And in my personal opinion, I will check out GW2 maybe... but I already hated Guild Wars so, it's not that interesting to me...
    Relative to the numbers few people actually raided. As in yea 1 million people might be hardcore raiders, but even if the number was that high its 1/14th of the population. You assume everyone raids because you are a forum goer, but forums goers, people who talk in General Chat, people who talk about raiding, are the noisy minority. The largest part of the WoW community is the silent majority that just plays for fun and doesn't necessarily know everything there is to know about stats or boss fights and has no interest in it.

Though I think what they've currently designed is beautiful, the fact that they lied about the Mac Client for GW FIVE YEARS AGO pesters me.
    'We'll eventually have a Mac Client.' - Translation: "We're just saying this to crush your hopes. F*** you mac users."
    So I know I'll never get to play the game anyways, so why be excited?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    i wasn't jumping down your throat. i was not allowing that statement to go by passively. role defined gameplay has no effect on the dynamism of encounters.

that's a perception that is kinda faulty and only true of a particular era of warcraft that reduced the trinity system to include dps as a point of design.
    Era as in all endgame content since halfway through BC? Even before that hybrids weren't wanted unless they were pure healers. Show me an MMO that uses trinity where the majority of encounters are dynamic in anyway.

Deleted
    It's F2P, the sole reason why my friends believe it is not going to be good. Doesn't matter how many videos I show them or how many interviews they read, they are still not convinced due to F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    It's F2P, the sole reason why my friends believe it is not going to be good. Doesn't matter how many videos I show them or how many interviews they read, they are still not convinced due to F2P.
    B2P, B2P.

Remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be trying based on the footage from gamescon and up till now. It's F2P and looks different as opposed to the what there is out right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    People obviously don't know the difference between B2P, F2P and P2P. Either that, or people are just ignorant.
    Anyways, I really don't get why beeing free to play should be a issue if the game is good..

Deleted
    B2P, B2P.

Remember.
    Pretty much the same thing. It'll either be bad from launch, or updates won't be consistent enough, or it'll become a pay to win game.

Deleted
    Guild wars 1 used to > WoW untill they stopped making content, I see no reason why guild wars 2 couldn't > WoW now, besides that I will give up wow entirely if Guild wars 2 is what they promised it to be. if it's something I don't like I won't go back to WoW with a horrible feeling, I highly agree on what you think and feel but just ignore those people. they just didn't do their homework and start gamebashing before knowing what kind of good games are coming up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Pretty much the same thing. It'll either be bad from launch, or updates won't be consistent enough, or it'll become a pay to win game.
    And how exactly can you predict that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Pet battle system.

Better question is why do you care what people do and do not play?
    GW2 will be boring and dull just like every other game out there to date.
    You're right, WoW is boring and dull. I think I'll stick to SWTOR and maybe give GW2 a try, I could use something to spend more money on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confidently say I'll at least try GW2 and maybe even play it as well as WoW due to it's lack of subscription fee. I mean, the game looks fantastic! However, I'm afraid the play style of the game just won't fit me too awful well. We'll see, though!