Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    I can speak for that, the only place ive heard of gw2 is here on mmo-champ and i goda tell ya, I have no idea what all the fuzz is about, checked it out on its web page and from my POV it looks like a slightly different lotr game.
    They'll probably first want to work more on their game before they go all out in the media. I can't blame them if that's the case. I'm sure news intensity will rise when we get around open beta.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushkina View Post
    Can I borrow your magic crystal ball so I can see next week lotto numbers?
    I'll give it a shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Then don't post ignorant posts on the guild wars 2 sub forums.
    There is no ignorance here lady, and it doesn't matter where this was posted, all games get dull and boring after XXXX time it's fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baggers View Post
    Unfortunately I think there will be a lot of WoW converts that will try Guild Wars 2, and flame it to hell and back. Just like all the WoW players who tried GW1 and stood shouting 'guys how do i jump??' 'WTF NO JUMP ON THIS GAME? *ragequits*'.
    Awwwww that's cute, people ragging over no jump in a game. What will be cutter is when players start saying go back to WoW, when they themselves go back to it as well.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

  3. #23
    Pit Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,370
    The reason i can't be exited for GW2? the fact that we were shown a couple of things from the game, then we're left waiting for years, still with no date for a release. As far as there's no announcement regarding that, its still a prject, not a game.

    When things get sorted and the game gets released, then yeah, it'll rekindle the enthusiasm for it. until then, "absent from sight, absent from mind."

  4. #24
    I asked a wow & swtor playing friend of mine today if he'll be playing GW2. He said "No, I wasn't really impressed with GW1, so I'm going to pass."

    Seems uninformed people are comparing GW2 to GW1, hence the lack of optimism... so wrong. I can't wait for GW2!

  5. #25
    High Overlord Primal Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Bush and Dust
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrat View Post
    I asked a wow & swtor playing friend of mine today if he'll be playing GW2. He said "No, I wasn't really impressed with GW1, so I'm going to pass."

    Seems uninformed people are comparing GW2 to GW1, hence the lack of optimism... so wrong. I can't wait for GW2!
    Yeah, I really wish ArenaNet went with some new name for the game rather than "Guild Wars 2." It's quite a different game. Even the lore connection is tenuous: it takes place in the same fictional world, but two centuries later, complete with significant advancements in technology.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    3,075
    I hate it when people make the correlation that GW2 will be exactly like GW1, without ever looking up what will be in it. I admit, the first time I heard about GW2 i first thought it would be like GW1, but even I wasn't callous enough to say it will be EXACTLY verbatim GW1 style with no improvement.

    Comparing GW1 to GW2 is like comparing WCII to WCIII, they are completely different games in play value and style, if you cannot understand the difference between an old generation game and a modern generation one, don't comment or complain at all.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggers View Post
    Unfortunately I think there will be a lot of WoW converts that will try Guild Wars 2, and flame it to hell and back. Just like all the WoW players who tried GW1 and stood shouting 'guys how do i jump??' 'WTF NO JUMP ON THIS GAME? *ragequits*'.
    I am not sure why people seem to think they are mutually exclusive. There's nothing preventing people from playing both, and enjoying both, as I plan to do, especially considering they do not have a monthly subscription for GW2.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    Why wouldn´t you want to get rid of the the holy trinity system?
    Why would you want to keep the boring never endless questing?

    If you can name one thing that Wow is better then the featured GW2 has i´ll be surprised
    Because this is all subjective?

    The trinity system isn't any worse or "better" than other systems for class design. There have been plenty of MMOs without a trinity system. Some players enjoy it, some don't. Not too hard to grasp really.

    "Better" is a loaded term. There isn't anything feature-wise in GW2 which is better than Warcraft... and the reverse is true as well. There are features which are different between the two games.

    That's the thing. We don't have to position Guild Wars in opposition to other games. GW2 is valid enough of a design concept to stand on it's own. And most likely will stand on it's own strengths as a well made game come release.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-14 at 06:29 PM.

  9. #29
    In my eyes it's combination of Diablo 2, WoW and some of LoL. Therefore it's not easy to judge the game just from seeing it's play. However I can say that graphics and game world in general is not poor, but it's quite unappealing.

    At the moment the game simply lacks potential to make you say "this is it" and get on board.

  10. #30
    Yeah, they should have went with another name imho. The assumption that GW2 will be like GW1 is understandable, but yet very wrong. And the game has nothing do to with the guild wars neither. But changing a brand name is always a risky choice I guess.

  11. #31
    High Overlord Primal Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Bush and Dust
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I am not sure why people seem to think they are mutually exclusive. There's nothing preventing people from playing both, and enjoying both, as I plan to do, especially considering they do not have a monthly subscription for GW2.
    Most people will end up preferring one over the other. That's not to say they'd think the other is a bad game or anything, just that given the choice they don't prefer it. It comes down to time: a person will get home from work or school, have a few hours to play a game, and will pick the one they prefer.

    MMORPGs aren't really mutually exclusive, any more than beds are. You can get two, but one of them is going to end up superfluous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Yeah, they should have went with another name imho. The assumption that GW2 will be like GW1 is understandable, but yet very wrong. And the game has nothing do to with the guild wars neither. But changing a brand name is always a risky choice I guess.
    Not really. It's like Toyota's Lexus and Scion lines: they understood that these cars have different appeals, so they give them different names. You don't try to carry a brand name over to something very different, you create a new brand name.
    Last edited by Primal Zed; 2012-01-14 at 06:40 PM.

  12. #32
    I understand your excitement! To people who don't understand how the game will work without the holy trinity, have you ever read a fantasy book about a group of adventurers? It will work like that... there is no tank in a "real" fight, there might be someone a bit more stoic who does his best to keep enemies off his weaker allies, but you can't just expect the dragon to ignore the weaker allies tossing lightning bolts at it and you can't just expect to stand their taking hits from a dragon no matter how much endurance you have. The combat of GW2 will be of strategy. No one will be expected to or be able to just stand there and take all the hits. You will have to control the mobs and dodge their attacks. I'm looking forward to this more than you could know.

  13. #33
    There is no ignorance here lady, and it doesn't matter where this was posted, all games get dull and boring after XXXX time it's fact.
    Your opinion =/= fact mistress. That is where your ignorance lies.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Not everybody who plays WoW dislikes it and is desperately waiting for "any other game" to "come along and beat WoW!"

    WoW is the continuation of a format that started in DikuMUD, became 3D in EverQuest, and was refined in WoW. GW:2 is a new format.

    I am excited to try a new format, but I've been part of the old format for a long time because I find it enjoyable. Not everybody in the planet likes the same game type. Not everybody on the planet plays only one game type. GW:2 won't likely stop making me play my old format, because I obviously enjoy it.

    If you don't enjoy the format, you don't need to hang out waiting, either. It seems like some people feel the need to play WoW even tho they don't enjoy much of anything about it. Just because you want a virtual world to play in, and don't like what is available, doesn't mean you should be paying to hang out in a world that people do enjoy, and spend your time trying to convince them they aren't having a good time.
    I <3 you.

    There's too much WoW hate in the WoW Forum and the GW2 Sub-Forum.

    I don't get it. If someone likes it, who cares? Not your problem to begin with. I like both WoW and GW2 (in theory right now since it's not out yet) and people tend to go "omg one of those people" on here.

    Cut the crap, and enjoy life. Stop bringing others down with your prejudice assumptions.

  15. #35
    MMORPG players are the only video game players that I'm aware of that actively play a game they hate playing.

  16. #36
    Different strokes for different folks.

  17. #37
    Brewmaster Rakatashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Future Gadget Laboratory
    Posts
    1,260
    GW2 is the first MMO I've actually been excited about being released ever. I never really took interest in to Aion, SWTOR, Rift, etc until after they were released and didn't end up playing for long because, simply put, they've tried to beat wow at being wow.

  18. #38
    I *really* like the 'pay once' model of Guildwars & Diablo... but I didn't end up liking Guild Wars 1, and I don't expect the game to be fundamentally changed to suddenly make me love Guild Wars 2.

    I'm not gonna bash GW2 though, I hope its a huge success and adds some innovation and competition in this fairly stagnant MMO market. I also hope that the GW1 fans find some great fun in GW2, but personally I have no plans on ever playing GW2 (unless provided the opportunity to check it out for free).

  19. #39
    Bloodsail Admiral Cuchulainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the Exodar, lecturing Neophytes.
    Posts
    1,058
    Some people like the traditional aspects of games like WoW and SWTOR. There's really nothing wrong with that either. If you really look at GW2 then you'd see that almost every feature in it is taken from traditional RPGs. However, the approach is different, and this is what makes GW2 "unique" in its' own right. So really, you're playing a traditional RPG, that's taking tradition and giving it a HUGE makeover. There are some cool features in GW2 that're completely innovative though, but are few and far between.

    See, the trick is to take multiple RPG features, and change them into something so improved, so polished, and so synergetic that you can't tell they've already been used in other games. ANet does a VERY good job at this.

  20. #40
    I am Murloc! Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    5,061
    The ignorance, willful at that, in this thread is pretty nauseating tbqh. I can understand looking into something first to find out details and THEN saying you aren't interested, but from some of these posts you can tell some of them haven't even seen a screenshot and are turning it down. It's craziness!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •