Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What do you do when you're wrong...

...on the internet?

Typically, I'll defend my point till the thread or post dies, whether it be a forum or social networking site.

How bout you?

i dont do them but i love to /popcorn and watch others exchange sword slashes.

Deleted
    I bring out the ad-hominem launcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't post and wait for the thread to die. Pretend I didn't see anyone prove me wrong.

Be amused at the foolishness and naivety of my self-from-ten-minutes-ago.

Boy, what a fool I was back then, before 9.00 this evening! I sure have matured in the last 8 minutes.

I try to correct where I'm wrong on a forum like this, but on YouTube or something? I'M ALWAYS RIGHT DAMMIT!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Wrong? I'm never wrong! I was only ever wrong once, when I thought I was wrong but I was actually right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Wrynn View Post
    I don't think you fathom the immensity of the fuck that I do not give
    Quote Originally Posted by Joniebonie View Post
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alirana View Post
    Wrong? I'm never wrong! I was only ever wrong once, when I thought I was wrong but I was actually right!
    The fact that you're saying that you're never wrong simply proves that you can be wrong because that statement is wrong.

I, on the other hand, am never wrong. If I am, may the lord, or whatever power you believe in, strike me down right now.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    The fact that you're saying that you're never wrong simply proves that you can be wrong because that statement is wrong.

I, on the other hand, am never wrong. If I am, may the lord, or whatever power you believe in, strike me down right now.
    I'm atheist: the absence of striking proves that the gods that I do not believe in have failed to strike you down exactly as expected of them as non-beings and thus, you are wrong! /insanetrolllogic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    I bring out the ad-hominem launcher.
    LOL you don't know how many times I've seen people pull out the 'fallacy' card when they get proven wrong.
    I may or may not have indulged in this too. xD

Edit: I've also proven Aristeia wrong before but she wouldn't admit it. Lmao

I like to maintain a reputation of being able to admit when I'm wrong. Looks good on me.

If the person that I'm responding to is an intelligent person, I normally concede my point. However, if they are the typical internet user, I ignore the point and move on, just as a majority of the users do.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I like to maintain a reputation of being able to admit when I'm wrong. Looks good on me.
    Hate to do "^ this" comments, but this is exactly how I feel. Not because of the reputation part, though. It feels like a moral aspect to me.

Deleted
    Admit my mistake and apologize.
    The only way you can make yourself look like a bigger tool is by ignoring your mistake or defending it afterward.

EDIT:
    Might as well dump this here.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post14932893

Commit Hara-kiri to preserve my honor and the honor of my ancestors.

...or admit I'm wrong. Still working up the nerve to commit honorable suicide.

I admit I'm wrong and learn from it. Defending your point if you know you're wrong is just plain moronic, you're just asking to start an argument. The internet has enough of those already.

Depends on my mood.

I'll either accept that I'm wrong, make a post to admit to such, and take steps to inform myself so I am not wrong about the subject again.

Or, if I cba, then I'll do the same as above but not bother to make a post about it. I'll still ensure I'm not wrong about the topic again though by informing myself about the matter.

Edit: I've also proven Aristeia wrong before but she wouldn't admit it. Lmao
    Proven is such an ugly word, and what was it about again? I know I remember arguing with you and feeling pretty good about it, but of course we'd both think we'd out-argued each other hmm?
    The earth is not a cold dead place

I rarely find myself in the wrong unless I've forgotten something, but if I'm wrong and I know it I just accept it and move on.

"...Oh."

If I still have an argument, then I'll persist using the other premises I have available. If I just got proven wrong on the "big point" then I'll usually say "alright, never mind," and shut up.

I alway try to make sure I am right but if I am wrong I will admit it and explain more of why I thought that way.