Deleted

Bloodsail buccanneers & Steamwheedle Cartel rep.

So I've been starting to get interested in getting more reps to Exalted again, and I've been looking at those two factions.
    The last time I did the bloodsail to Honored thing was late 2008, so a lot can have changed, and people have told me it has, but there are contradicting sources so I'll just ask here for ease:
    A) Is it possible to get Bloodsail Buccaneers to Exalted without grinding mobs that give 5rep every 24 hours?
    B) Is it possible to have all Goblin reps at Exalted while having the Bloodsail reps at honored (or higher) Without the above mentioned grinding?

And a completely unrelated question, can anyone recommend me some easily gotten rep for my char? Armory link in signature.

1) If you have the means to kill them, you can "easily" get Bloodsail to exalted by killing the (level 85, no phased/special instance versions) guards in Booty Bay. Certain ranged classes can solo them from the rooftops, but melee would probably need at least another attacker or a healer to get it done.

2) If you don't want to grind your SwC rep back with hours of low-level mob farming, the only other option is cloth turn-ins, which tank your Bloodsail rep. The only way to have them all at exalted is to just hunker down and grind it out. I've found Grizzly Hills to be the best place to do it.

Deleted
    I did this recently, I actually went from exalted with all the goblins to honoured with the bloodsails then back to exalted with all the goblins and it took me about 6 days.

I simply went to Faldir's cove and killed the 3 mobs there repeatedly. It took me over 2 days about 11 hours a day lol. Remember to place your Guild battle standard for the extra rep. One of the mobs is virtually an instant respawn. Ofc you can get a group and kill down at Booty Bay but make sure you do have a few members including a decent tank as the Guards there hit you like a truck. I personally preferred the solo option at Faldirs Cove as I just cba relying on others to group up with me lol.

I then got my Bloodsail title and Bloodsail pirates outfit.

After that I kinda cheated as keeping the bloodsail rep wasn't important to me so I handed in shit loads of cloth until I got neutral again with all the goblin city's, and after that I went down to lost rigger cove and on the ships in southern stranglethorn and just killed and killed until I was exalted again with all 4 goblin cities. The only reason I did it that way is because the Insane title doesn't require me to keep Bloodsail and Steamwheedle at the required reputation in order to gain the title.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

You will see from my ach's that I earned Avast ye Admiral on the 2nd and already have all 4 goblin cities back to exalted^^

Ofc if you don't want to lose your Bloodsail rep then its just a case of killing pirates in Lost Rigger Cove and the ships in Stranglethorn repeatedly. It is doable but will just take you longer.

Just remember, always place your guild battle standard while you kill. The extra rep it grants you is quite noticable.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by mmoc42e5783aa1; 2012-01-15 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    A) Afaik you can farm Shakes O'Breen until revered and from there on, not sure if he still gives rep. As a Warlock I can kill Baron Revilgaz and the tauren from the roof and then portal away and run until the guards leave me alone :P. Rinse and repeat. As a mage you can probably slow fall and scorch as many NPCs as possible. Not sure if other ranged can solo the bruisers though.

B) Nope, unfortunately not. You will have to kill pirates (best place is Lost Rigger Cove in Tanaris and some island in Barrens, south of Ratchet)

Deleted
    So, let's seen if I've understood this right;
    a) The Booty Bay Bruisers give rep upto 999/1000 exalted
    b) After getting that, killing the pirates northeast of Ratchet can get you to 999/1000 Exalted with the goblins without decreasing Bloodsail rep.

a) Yes, you can max out your Bloodsail rep with Bruisers. It's tough, but at least they give 125 (base) rep per kill so it won't take too long if you can actually kill them.
    b) The pirate mobs spread throughout the world only take you up to 20999/21000 revered with their "home" faction, but you can get to 999/1000 exalted with the other 3.

As for where to grind, forget about Ratchet and Tanaris. I tried all locations to farm rep, and by far the best mobs to grind are the Venture Co. Evacuees on a ship in Venture Bay, Grizzly Hills. With guild perks and the 15% banner, I was raking in over 7k rep per hour with Booty Bay as a non-human (half that for the others, BB's the "home" faction here). That's more than double what I was getting at Lost Rigger Cove, and Fray Island is just awful. My advice is to go to Venture Bay until you get capped with Gadget, Ratchet, and Everlook, then go finish off BB in Tanaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    So, let's seen if I've understood this right;
    a) The Booty Bay Bruisers give rep upto 999/1000 exalted
    b) After getting that, killing the pirates northeast of Ratchet can get you to 999/1000 Exalted with the goblins without decreasing Bloodsail rep.
    The pirates in lost rigger cove is where you want to go in tanaris takes a while but thats the best place ive found as it gives 6rep for gadget and 3rep for all others per mob takes time but there are many and spawn rate isnt to bad. also if someone else is doing this grind group up maybe you can afk when you go to bed to get some extra Rep before you get booted out thats what i did for our GM killed mobs till he got afked out then cept killing more and in return he helped me kill BB guards

Wait they finally fixed the Bloodsail rep to go through to exalted? I heard about the change but it was broken when first implemented. I might actually redo my entire rep again to be exalted with all 5 simultaneously lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant View Post
    Wait they finally fixed the Bloodsail rep to go through to exalted? I heard about the change but it was broken when first implemented. I might actually redo my entire rep again to be exalted with all 5 simultaneously lol
    It was never broken. You had to farm a mob on every respawn for about 10 months to get exalted.