I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Posting in Chat with your name?

So I rolled a Scoundral on a PvP server and it is a MUCH different community than my PvE server...holy smokes. I recently asked a question, got a snarky reply, and then started to see someone posting as me saying I liked it up the ass.

At first I was like:

But then I was like:

How the heck does someone do something like that? Is it as simple as just bracketing the name I want to ridicule?

There used to be a similar thing in WoW, where one could add so much space between a sentence and the next, where they could bracket someones name and make it look like someone else did it. Probably what theyre doing it there.

Edit: You may want to report said person/persons for it, it's a form of harassment.
    Last edited by Fabled; 2012-01-16 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    There used to be a similar thing in WoW, where one could add so much space between a sentence and the next, where they could bracket someones name and make it look like someone else did it. Probably what theyre doing it there.

Edit: You may want to report said person/persons for it, it's a form of harassment.
    Yup. I actually had someone do this on me back when I was a newbie in Vanilla, obviously I just laughed along as they only did it in a party chat with another person in it. Seeing as it was done in general just report it as harassment, knowing BioWare whoever did it might get banned for a year according to "rumours".

It's a low form of trolling and harassment, has no place in public channels at all. PvP servers are usually very low on the ladder when it comes to answering questions or the like. I personally prefer RP realms or RP-PvP realms simply because their language is better and the people on RP/PvP servers are generally a bit more tolerant to new players and friendly banter that does not involve arbitrary "arrow to the knee"-jokes or "dirge"-spam.

That's a sweeping generalization which is of course based on the fact that by and large PvP realms are crowded with very competetive/anti-friendly people who like to troll, gank and all that good-stuff on a bigger scale than on RP-PvP realms for instance. On popular PvP servers your best hope to keep your head intact is to turn /general off for good.

That is, if those communities are anything like how WoW was, at least.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-16 at 03:45 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious about what's being described here: is this something that a hacker can do in game or is it a game glitch that can be fixed via a future patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druuu View Post
    I'm curious about what's being described here: is this something that a hacker can do in game or is it a game glitch that can be fixed via a future patch?
    its not a hack or glitch its just spacing enough in the chat box to were when you type far enough the words wrap down, when you get to that point the part of [ Insert name]: ( insert words) the part of insert name is lowered into the next spot and looks like someone was talking
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds of the times where I typed
    [GOD MODE ENABLED]
    in guild versus guild battles in GW 6 years ago, good times
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    If you do it like this:
    [Party] [Troll]: blablabla <insert 112731273912 spaces> [Party] [Victim]: I suck

It will turn out like this:
    [Party] [Troll]: blablabla
    [Party] [Victim]: I suck
    That was always entertaining to do in raid chat. Oh, the hilarity that ensued.

Anyways, put in a ticket that it can be done. It might get fixed.