Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fixed the mistake about transfer times, thanks for that Glad to see people willing to give the game another shot.

Just recently came back myself, have not played since 1.1, I am already having a great time, and I really enjoy the changes they made since launch, even renewed my sub!

Deleted
    Nice to see more people coming back, Look foward to see'ing you all ingame!

In misc, next to wardrobe feature, add the fantastic appearance customisation through Dyes - it's one of the things that i LOVED about the game - you can make your character look so frickin cool and awesome through wardrobe and dying the gear - meaning you can have some cool colour schemes. I went with a green and murky red scheme which i liked, and for some reason i always loved seeing the warrior tank in his black and gold gear - just looked so awesome.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Great List. I haven't played the game in a long time, can't wait to see whats changed about this.

I played it for two months... The problem I found was that I was just grinding Rep, doing dailies, running Experts and some occasional Raid Rift... which was pretty much what I hated doing on WoW and was glad that I was done with that there (so, I was just raiding mostly).

Sure, story, scenario, enemies, friends, dungeons, etc were different, but the actions were pretty much the same: I needed to gear up to start raiding. So, once I finally realised that I was just doing that all over again, I quit.

Also, having all my rotation in one single buttom was pretty boring (as druid/sham/inq).

Will update this soon as there are a TON of changes coming in 1.7

How's the story and the faction split these days? Is everyone still Defiant?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Not on my server, there are servers that are heavy one way or the other, some that are balanced. Don't think it's quite as lop sided as it used to be.

The biggest change for 1.7 being that queue's will be pretty much instant now, as they are putting in a "mercenary" system where if there is a faction imbalance you will be placed on the side that needs players in order for the warfront to pop. Its similar to huttball but it still tries to preserve the faction side of things unless a imbalance occurs then the mercenary system comes into play.

Well for all their talks about listening to the community it's been an entire year and all Support souls, especially Bards, are still a joke, even though we damn well asked for changes and some consideration for the Support role.

I'm not coming back to this game until they actually realize that no souls should be the "buff bitches" as some at Blizzard staffs would put it.

Seriously, I bought this game for the Bard soul, and I ended up with something that condemned me to cycle-spam 5 buttons. Where I thought I would finally be able to heal as a Rogue found nothing but weak, unpractical blanket heals.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post
    Well for all their talks about listening to the community it's been an entire year and all Support souls, especially Bards, are still a joke, even though we damn well asked for changes and some consideration for the Support role.

I'm not coming back to this game until they actually realize that no souls should be the "buff bitches" as some at Blizzard staffs would put it.

Seriously, I bought this game for the Bard soul, and I ended up with something that condemned me to cycle-spam 5 buttons. Where I thought I would finally be able to heal as a Rogue found nothing but weak, unpractical blanket heals.
    The simple solution would be to play another class or role combination. There are lots of choices, you don't have to play Bard if you don't enjoy it. I play Mage support myself as an Archon and quite enjoy it.

Deleted
    i just sort-of started rift, and i've been having fun casually pvp:ing at low levels, the variety in classes is just FUN (my pyro-archon-elementalist is just holyshitfuckfun to play D:, like a fire mage, but with not as much rng involved!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    The simple solution would be to play another class or role combination. There are lots of choices, you don't have to play Bard if you don't enjoy it. I play Mage support myself as an Archon and quite enjoy it.
    Can't help but agree with this, bard is one of my favourite souls because of the buffs, i like not being expected to do a ton of damage or healing but i absolutely love the idea of buffing my allies and helping counter aoe damage. Different flavours for different people

So.. I may just be confused here. But do you have to pay for each patch/update? I accessed my old account and it's asking if I want to upgrade to 'Ashes of History' for 10$. Is that some sort of expansion or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton68Zeppelin View Post
    But do you have to pay for each patch/update? I accessed my old account and it's asking if I want to upgrade to 'Ashes of History' for 10$.
    No, once you have the standard game, every Update and Patch from 1.1 up to the upcoming 1.7 is totally free and all included in your sub

The option you have is to upgrade your standard game to a sort of Deluxe Collectors Edition with a choice of free mounts, 24-slot bag, personal portable Bank, etc....check out this link, but again it's optional you don't need it to play

https://eu.riftgame.com/en/products/upgrade.php

If you choose to upgrade, the items are in your mailbox in literally minutes

...but it's clunky and not as smooth controls as WoW, that's why I didn't like it. The lore was pretty cool though... traveling back in time and what not. Don't think an mmo has done that before, at least that I've heard of. The classes also aren't as diverse as the game makes them out to be, you eventually end up with a cookie cutter setup pertaining of mostly one spec then a few points in the other two.

Interesting,what about the client? that was the reason i left only 1 month playing din't use my free month, and several friends left as well, didn't even play the free month since my PC could not manage it at that time, now i know it could but still i don't feel like support a game that has a client that only can be played if you have top notch pc stuff more or less.

If a person has to spend x amount of money on the computer because of one game something is off, i could play wow raid 10/25 no problems in Rift i crashed all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
    Interesting,what about the client? that was the reason i left only 1 month playing din't use my free month, and several friends left as well, didn't even play the free month since my PC could not manage it at that time, now i know it could but still i don't feel like support a game that has a client that only can be played if you have top notch pc stuff more or less.

If a person has to spend x amount of money on the computer because of one game something is off, i could play wow raid 10/25 no problems in Rift i crashed all the time.

Unless you have a computer from the stoneage, you should be able to run the game with the low quality renderer.

Deleted
    Offtopic but does anyone know how to move unit frames in Rift? I just started playing and I just can't seem to figure it out!
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-01-21 at 04:10 PM.