Stealth+tank companions

Are tank companions just 100% worthless for stealthies? Why does sending them in first break your stealth, it seems completely pointless and completely un-needed, is it a bug?

You want a tank companion to..tank for you, having to go in first and open on someone gets them all on you, and with the weird delay between commands and him doing something (Q Fess anyway, sometimes it takes him like three seconds to do ANYTHING I tell him to, with 40 latency and zero computer lag) you might as well just never use a tank companion, even though it may be for the best!

Put taunt and aoe taunt on auto-cast and you can open and just let the companion insta taunt from you

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Are tank companions just 100% worthless for stealthies? Why does sending them in first break your stealth, it seems completely pointless and completely un-needed, is it a bug?

You want a tank companion to..tank for you, having to go in first and open on someone gets them all on you, and with the weird delay between commands and him doing something (Q Fess anyway, sometimes it takes him like three seconds to do ANYTHING I tell him to, with 40 latency and zero computer lag) you might as well just never use a tank companion, even though it may be for the best!
    I've never had issues with Khem Val. He taunts right away, I might get hit once..

Do you have him set to passive?

No need for soloing.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sending your companion in, or ordering it to attack, puts you in combat. That is why it breaks stealth. It is the same for every class and companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Sending your companion in, or ordering it to attack, puts you in combat. That is why it breaks stealth. It is the same for every class and companion.
    In my opinion using "companion attack" from stealth should give a five second cd before you entire combat and leave stealth. Would fix it all up!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i found khem useless after about level 35, i just stuck with ashara geared her up gave her a second lightsaber and just mowed shit down and used dark charge for elites she does a pretty decent amount of damage

Deleted
    Just attack first, then your pet will get the aggro anyway..

That fixes it all up too.

Deleted
    If you turn off Khem's sprint ability he'll break stealth once he attacks rather than breaking stealth when you command him to attack. I assume that would also work with other companions who have some sort of gap closer or movement speed ability.
    Last edited by mmocc7215da24b; 2012-01-17 at 12:13 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    In my opinion using "companion attack" from stealth should give a five second cd before you entire combat and leave stealth. Would fix it all up!
    This would be unbalanced in world PVP, and it's completely unnecessary.