Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How to obtain a 'Megenta Adegan Crystal' - Full walkthrough!

An in-depth guide on how to obtain the Magenta (Pink/purple) Adegan crystal, as well as the schematic.

Short summary:
    1. Tatooine - Gain the buff from the water vaporators
    2. Hoth - Climb the mountain to freeze the buff into an item
    3. Ilum - Use the item to pop a Champion mob, which once killed will allow you to loot the crystal
    4. Belsavis (optional) - Farm the world boss for the schematic to 'cut' the crystal
    Last edited by Toralin; 2012-01-17 at 01:48 PM.

Nice, thanks!

Are there any other interesting colour crystals like this?
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Holy shit, that is a lot of things required.

I like it though, it gives us more content and more reasons to do more than the absolute minumum of visiting a trainer if we want to look cool as lightsaber wielding classes. This might explain why there's been so little information on how to get it at least.

Awesome video, thanks!
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-17 at 01:32 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Wow really useful stuff, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    very very cool, tbh more cool than the fact I now know how to GET the crystal, is the fact BW put CRAZY shit like this in game I can't wait to see what other craziness they put in
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Extra step: Go kill the world boss

Guess I'll do this in 3 months when my server has a level 50

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    Extra step: Go kill the world boss

Guess I'll do this in 3 months when my server has a level 50
    That's actually in the guide if you watch it the whole way through (although it was never up when I checked, for recording purposes).

Glad everyone liked the vid - one last thing to add, the crystal is sellable on the GTN!

How did you even figure this out? Awesomes!

Here is a quick link ot torhead showing you what you can make with it. http://www.torhead.com/search/Magenta
    RETH

Gargath, the world boss in the middle southern area of Hoth also drops the recipes btw, it's not just the Belsavis one.

Deleted
    i bought a magneta crystal last week. can't wait to use it sadly its lvl 49 so 7 more to go ~,^

Pink sabers HO!

Possible as a Republican?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post

An in-depth guide on how to obtain the Magenta (Pink/purple) Adegan crystal, as well as the schematic.

Short summary:
    1. Tatooine - Gain the buff from the water vaporators
    2. Hoth - Climb the mountain to freeze the buff into an item
    3. Ilum - Use the item to pop a Champion mob, which once killed will allow you to loot the crystal
    4. Belsavis (optional) - Farm the world boss for the schematic to 'cut' the crystal
    5. function
    Seen this on another website Own.....C...

Thanks for posting it here.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Pink sabers HO!

Possible as a Republican?
    Seeing as there's no faction restriction on those buffs or world bosses I don't see why not? In theory at least. That would suck, if it was the case. The reason they gave Jedi blue and green while Sith only got red as a standard (both get yellow and orange) is mostly tied to how deeply rooted that is in SW-lore I think. Although I'm not sure how they dealt with the other colors at all.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Deleted
    This reminds me of the plate armour you could make from scales in UBRS back in the early days of WoW, in that they were sort of 'Easter Egg' item that if you explored and followed clues, you could get. Nowadays everything is either just luck of the drop, or grind our the rep/tokens. I hope they keep this kind of thing going. It is a great answer to "there's nothing to explore/new to find when you hit 50". It was also the only redeeming feature of the planet mining in Mass Effect 2, that you would find some random missions on some planets.

I really hope Bioware keep this kind of thing going.

hate how everyone knows about this now, that world boss with the schem has been camped non stop for weeks now.

Deleted
    Camped world boss is good for the game, it promotes competition, and world pvp on pvp server.

I hope there are more secrets like this in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Camped world boss is good for the game, it promotes competition, and world pvp on pvp server.

I hope there are more secrets like this in the game.
    Sure ill give ya that, but i must say this is the first game where i've played on a pvp server and you cannot kill your own side :P. Last game i played like this was Daoc so im not sure how WoW was setup..(preventing the "your dumb wow was never like this" flame)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Gargath, the world boss in the middle southern area of Hoth also drops the recipes btw, it's not just the Belsavis one.
    I was not aware of this; thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    I was not aware of this; thanks!
    Nps, I should point out too, there is a Republic Flight point not too far west of his area as well, so it's pretty easy to get down there and right up to him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald007 View Post
    Sure ill give ya that, but i must say this is the first game where i've played on a pvp server and you cannot kill your own side :P. Last game i played like this was Daoc so im not sure how WoW was setup..(preventing the "your dumb wow was never like this" flame)
    Yeah you can't kill your own faction in WoW unless you're in a FFA zone like Gurubashi Arena