Poll: Which game mode will you play?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Hardcore Vs Softcore

ok, so, i saw a similar post on DiabloFans, but haven't seen one on here, so i'd just like to know, will you be playing Softcore or Hardcore mostly, and why? Since i've never played a diablo game before, i'll be playing softcore first, and then giving harcore a try

Damn I thought this thread was about something else :L :L :L
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    hmm- but then the poll options remain relevant, yes? :P

Deleted
    what is the diference?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be playing as much as I can, assuming I'm still playing wow. Im currently playing swtor in spare time, could easily fit another game in to that amount of time tho.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    what is the diference?
    hardcore = perma death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtaroth View Post
    hmm- but then the poll options remain relevant, yes? :P
    I've never played Diablo and won't buy Diablo 3, so I voted Hardcore because you said it would still be relevant.

Shuld have an option saying "I don't know yet" or something =P.... Coz il prolly start of soft and if the game is really really good, then il prolly drop other games just to play D3. (i have not got a beta invite so i've never actually tried D3)

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

Deleted
    wtf is softcore and hardcore? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Softcore = Regular Diablo 3, with RMAH. (Real Money Auction House)

Hardcore = Permanent death and no RMAH.

Right?

Soft. I played both previous Diablos and then sticked to one or two classes. With Diablo3 I plan to try all available. This will keep me occupied for a long time and I won't have much time re-play one character over and over again but with higher difficulty.

If I'm to explore the world of Sanctuary a few times I'll do it with another character.

Hardcore is way more fun.
    But we'll see and wait for the playerbase =P
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Mostly softcore, i'm no patient guy and i don't want to change my monitor and keyboard so soon.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Hardcore won't be polluted by the cash AH so that's where I'll be.

Deleted
    I don't have enough time or the balls to play serious hardcore .

Deleted
    I certainly intend to give hardcore a go, but I'm no pro gamer, I wasn't that amazing at D2 and I know my own limitations so I probably won't be awesome at hardcore in D3 either.... so the majority of my gameplay, which will be with friends. etc will not be on hardcore.... but the concept of hardcore seems more fun to me, a lot more to lose keeps me on my toes, but if I suck at it, it's probably not going to end up being that fun :P

I figure I'll do both. Most likely run through on softcore to get experience with the new abilities and learn how to put together a talent build for any situation and then go back and try hardcore. I imagine if I suck enough then I won't have to invest too much time before I realize that hardcore is not for me.

Both, def want to get a DH and a WD to 50 on softcore first because i actually want to PvP in D3. Then i'll play PvE on hardcore mostly like i did in D2.

Definitely not hardcore. I like not having death be permanent... just don't have that kind of nerd rage going through my blood where I feel like I need to validate myself in a video game by being "that good"

Can't wait to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Haha

We are talking about Diablo right OP?