Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Basically got to 44 as a Commando and called it quits when myself and several friends found we were not enjoying the game. Had experienced several bugs through the flash-points and some of it seems over tuned while other things seem under tuned for both pve/pvp scenarios whether flashpoints or quests. I found having to group with four people for many quests made them tedious and annoying after awhile with relatively low planet caps to keep lag down I guess. I never seen more then 25 or so people on most of the planets. I enjoyed the story aspect and gaining the companions but it wore thin and Illum was a mess in which it did not promote what it was set out to do( world pvp) Also unless you play empire or perhaps commando, your armor looks like a clown suit. There were good sound effects and nice animations but was having serious issues getting out of combat and with globals in pvp. I feel like I wasted 70 dollars for a pricey single player game. It hardly felt like an mmo to me. Other then that I can say the environments were nice but I wont resub until the game gets some serious polishing. Also want to add that there is no real incentive for pvp after 50 and the mixing of 50s and 1-49? heh. I know they going to change that but it was still flawed with their expertise option.

If you are currently clinging to Swtor then more power to you but It doesn't seem like a finished game and a new patch is already being pushed when old content isn't up to par imo. Its graphic models are updated of course but it really is wow with light sabres. I had played star wars galaxies back in the day and that was a MUCH better game overall with vastly more customization and races to play with in worlds that truly felt open and not instance after instance. The dungeons take entirely too long and this game will become niche in its current status. Nobody wants to actually play vanilla styled wow the way nobody wants to play EQ anymore for mob spawns except those " nich players" the minority.

In conclusion I believe I really just purchased it cause I love Star wars but I certainly do not love this carbon copy missing all the healthy functions that gamers expect today for their mmo.
    Last edited by KingArachnis; 2012-01-18 at 09:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    You're making it seem like the only negativity comes from people that haven't played the game.
    mostly yes, sorry to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingArachnis View Post
    I feel like I wasted 70 dollars for a pricey single player game. It hardly felt like an mmo to me.
    Yet at the same time the game gets bashed for being far to derivative and copy cat of other mmo experiences. This is reflected in the troll statement "wow with lightbsabers". So the game is wow with lightsabers but not fundamentally even in the same catagory as wow. Does anyone not see the contradiction in this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be resubbing for the next month. The game is not as good as it was made out to be, but it has a lot of potential.
    close to dinging 49 atm on my operative healer, so would like to finish that up and level an alt.

After that, we'll see how the endgame is. Not overly excited with what there is now - daily quests/raids/hm's - so I hope they implement some other stuff to do in 1.2.

My main issue atm is the lack of implemented legacy system. This should either have been in at launch, not this "under construction" thing we have now. It makes levelling alts questionable at the moment.

All in all, the game is decent, not fantastic. Should have been B2P, IMO.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    I've upgraded my pc lately and now I got an amazing game experience, is sad that u need a good pc to have it I know.
    Even if this game had only huttball I would play more but actually I would like to play to 50 all the classes, see more pve endgame wait fot the legacy system wich is gold for an alt addicted like me, and so on...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Played a healer for 3 years on wow, and have a healer on swtor. Never cared for mouseover healing. Seen too many people whine and cry when their add-ons break, or just using it as an excuse for poor healing ability. Learn to heal right, and you don't need cop-out things like this.
    /Sigh, why do people do this?

If you bothered to read the post properly I mearly mentioned 3 issues that needed to be mended for making the game viable for me, not for you. Nowhere did I even mention addons, not even click-casting heals. I'm simple i'd settle for an option to make my keybinds just work @mouseover as that how I feel healing is more efficent for me, just as I like the option to auto-loot to be on as I find that more efficient to loot aswell.

Fyi, I healed in wow for 5 years on a resonably high level, I have never had an healing addon break for me, and would never, ever go back to target-healing, but thats me.

So, set your personal issues aside, read posts proper and embrace the option to choose how you want to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Should make a poll, I'm just curious what the results would be.
    It's better to read people's reply on this forum, people would vote no who haven't even bought the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Yet at the same time the game gets bashed for being far to derivative and copy cat of other mmo experiences. This is reflected in the troll statement "wow with lightbsabers". So the game is wow with lightsabers but not fundamentally even in the same catagory as wow. Does anyone not see the contradiction in this?
    I am not TRYING to troll lol. The feel of it was obviously to grab wow players. The graphics are cartoon like the same way wow is graphics wise. The distinction is that it doesnt feel like as much of an mmo in comparison to wow for me personally. I am not trolling and I have currently one day left if you want to see my character in game. Wow has 7 years of experience and I am sorry but every new mmo I tried fell flat on its face in comparison to wow. Rift still doesn't have a fraction of what the wow sub base has even with a decline in numbers and swtor is very niche like at the moment. You want to go make out with your companion and running around in desolate worlds jam packed with nothing but 50 kinds of elites? Go for it. And dont tell me pvp is balanced cause I got two words for you. Imperial Agent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    The game is a very decent single player game with functional coop built-in.

As an MMO it fails in more than one way though and the utter incompetence Bioware has shown in some areas (plus some very telling official responses I got from a german CM today) has squashed all hope I had for this games future.

It is a great game to play through on 1 character on each faction but beyond that... yeah, it is most definitely not what most people were hoping for I presume.

I am not one of those doomsday people predicting the imminent death of the game. Quite the opposite actually, this is a good game for casuals and carebears so it WILL thrive.

Serious MMO gamers and especially the PvP crowd will have to wait for the exciting games that will be released this year though, personally I am kind of happy actually SWTOR fails as a proper MMO, this will allow me to waste more time on Diablo 3
    Just a question. Did you actually manage to get out of the starting zone? Cause your assessment reeks of misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Um...no. It's only better for a lot of people because they played wow since...forever and are shit bored with it. If both wow came out now alongside swtor, wow would have more subs hands down.
    And? If WoW came out now I can also guarantee you it wouldn't look anything like what it does currently so the point is moot.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    its incredibly awful outside of playing it as a single player rpg but ill probably buy 1 more month so i can continue to bot a class or 2 to 50

edit:
    actually, its hardly even a decent single player rpg. fuck it has less leveling content than wow, rofl.
    This is what im doing, and depending on how many levels i gained last nite as i cant check as for some retarded reason we have maintenance on the daytime.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingArachnis View Post
    I am not TRYING to troll lol. The feel of it was obviously to grab wow players. The graphics are cartoon like the same way wow is graphics wise. The distinction is that it doesnt feel like as much of an mmo in comparison to wow for me personally. I am not trolling and I have currently one day left if you want to see my character in game. Wow has 7 years of experience and I am sorry but every new mmo I tried fell flat on its face in comparison to wow. Rift still doesn't have a fraction of what the wow sub base has even with a decline in numbers and swtor is very niche like at the moment. You want to go make out with your companion and running around in desolate worlds jam packed with nothing but 50 kinds of elites? Go for it. And dont tell me pvp is balanced cause I got two words for you. Imperial Agent.
    Okay that's awesome by why doesn't it feel like much of an mmo compared to wow? It copies so much from warcraft I'm not sure you can say that without being contradictory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Um...no. It's only better for a lot of people because they played wow since...forever and are shit bored with it. If wow came out now alongside swtor, wow would have more subs hands down.
    Doubt I'd choose WoW if it'd be the Cataclysm WoW. If it would be vanilla/TBC WoW then yea I'd probably choose WoW over SW:TOR. However, seeing as what WoW is at the moment, the choice for me isn't hard and I enjoy SW:TOR more.

There are lots of bugs in this game which frustrate me the most but I have high hopes for this game and development and I am going to give it a few months.
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Just a question. Did you actually manage to get out of the starting zone? Cause your assessment reeks of misinformation.
    Why, because he doesn't like the game? I really don't understand this tendency at all. "Oh, there's NO WAY you don't love the game to death if you actually played it a lot!".

Quote Originally Posted by KingArachnis;15112530[B
    ]Basically got to 44 as a Commando[/B] and called it quits when myself and several friends found we were not enjoying the game. Had experienced several bugs through the flash-points and some of it seems over tuned while other things seem under tuned for both pve/pvp scenarios whether flashpoints or quests. I found having to group with four people for many quests made them tedious and annoying after awhile with relatively low planet caps to keep lag down I guess. I never seen more then 25 or so people on most of the planets. I enjoyed the story aspect and gaining the companions but it wore thin and Illum was a mess in which it did not promote what it was set out to do( world pvp) Also unless you play empire or perhaps commando, your armor looks like a clown suit. There were good sound effects and nice animations but was having serious issues getting out of combat and with globals in pvp. I feel like I wasted 70 dollars for a pricey single player game. It hardly felt like an mmo to me. Other then that I can say the environments were nice but I wont resub until the game gets some seriously polishing.
    Wall of text made it somewhat to read, but I'm not going to bash you on that--more to the point, I would like to highlight some of the things you said:

I found having to group with four people for many quests made them tedious and annoying after awhile with relatively low planet caps to keep lag down I guess.

The only quests that requires you to group up with 3 others are Heroic 4's. They are definitely skippable, and in fact they are repeatable dailies. I always skip them if it was not within the convenience of my time (IE: 15 people on Voss at 4 AM, no one shouting for a group). There are in fact many that can be easily done with 3 people with a companion as long as you CC and plan your pulls.

I never seen more then 25 or so people on most of the planets.

It sounds like you hit your 40's a while back, and recently quit. While most of the people planning to raid are hitting 50 this week or last week, the majority of the casual player base is probably in their 30's, and maybe just now hitting their 40's. Remember, just because there's 50 people cramming up the Weekly PVP quest giver does not imply your entire server is full of 50's. This game takes a fair bit to level especially after your chapter 1 storyline (30's).

I enjoyed the story aspect and gaining the companions but it wore thin and Illum was a mess in which it did not promote what it was set out to do( world pvp)

This contradicts with the point you quit...44. You were probably on your last chapter and either just gotten your last companion or were in the process of. However, what boggles me the most is the fact you complained about Illum as a level 44. As someone who spends much of his time doing dailies on the planet, I cannot fathom how you could have even experienced the planet to even complain. I can't imagine you could even do much at Illum at your level, in fact...since most of Illum's dailies do not open until you hit 50/finish your class storyline.

I feel like I wasted 70 dollars for a pricey single player game. It hardly felt like an mmo to me.

This contradicts with I found having to group with four people for many quests made them tedious and annoying after awhile . But more importantly, it sounds like you were pushing hard to level and you got pissed when the majority of players were still on Tatooine and below. Tonight on my server during prime time, there were easily 100+ people on all the high level planets, Belsavis...Voss, Corellia..etc. Of course, when I was leveling (I hit 50 about 2 weeks ago, btw.) there were less than 50 on most planets because the majority base had not caught up yet.

I don't feel like this is a single player game at all. Perhaps during your leveling phase...but you can't run heroics solo, you can't raid solo, can't pvp solo (you can queue up solo, though) and you can't do about 1/3 or so of your dailies without a group or at least 1-2 other players.

Other than that, I agree with your other points...but it feels like you threw your own experience in along with the negative word of mouth to press the game down even more. Some of the points you listed would have been impossible, or at least illogical to experience as a 44. (Mainly speaking about Illum here)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all in how you approach it guys. If you treat it like a single player game and don't engage with anybody else, then you don't really have the right to say it doesn't feel like an mmo. You didn't treat it as such. If you treat it as an MMO and get together with people looking for groups, then your gonna have a better mmo experience. I don't wanna rag on lfd because i do think its a good feature but it really really hurt peoples ability to form groups organically. Without that giant multiplayer win button people wander around like lost cattle.

Deleted
    Re-subbed. The game has till 1.2 (March content patch) to fix the below :

Combat animation lag - game breaking as a melee
    Fix all the bugged abilities - for Marauder this is 60% of our core
    UI customization
    Class inbalance and ranged's obvious benefits over a melee - they didn't learn, no-one EVER learns, lets hope they learn!!
    LFD tool - server wide will do me.
    PVP auto-disconnect bug - had this for 3 hours last night not fun when trying to complete dailies.
    Fix the FP/Ops bugs - Far too many issues in PVE currently.
    Remove the retarded RNG from Champion Bags - seeing my friend who dinged 50 2 days ago with 4 champ pieces in 6 bags and I've got 4 pieces + 9 duplicates from 35+ is just the worst system ever.
    Dualspec - how this isn't ingame is just well baffeling considering the 100k + costs it is now for most 50's - my friend now refuses to tank because he can't pvp and tank.

I love the game, I love how it plays - got a 50 Marauder, 26 Sorc, 15 BH, 12 IA : Enjoyed all classes so far each feel unique and I generally don't like stories or RP, but I find I only skip side-missions.

If they fix the above I'd be happy to play it for a long time. I reckon I'll enjoy it untill March but I have switched off the game numerous times due to bugs so far.
    Last edited by mmoc89679c0c8f; 2012-01-18 at 10:17 AM.

What the hell?

A logical and thought out post there from Draex in my 'lol we hate SW and here is why' thread?

I... I dont understand what just happened :P.

No seriously I play a Sith Jugg Tank and I am looking for fixes to pretty much all of that too, except the PvP stuff does not matter to me, as I dont do it

Like I said, I'm giving them until at least 1.2 in March to see what they can do with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Wont keep my sub, I have never been more bored of a game then with this. :p
    50 Sith Sorcerer