Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Your biggest companion affection gains/losses.

So yesterday i was completing Act 1 on my Imperial Agent and was given what was so far the biggest choice between Light side and Dark side i'd seen so far. Being a Dark side character i didnt give it much thought, but since i had Vector with me (the total pansy Light side diplomat) i lost -364 affection which pretty much made me spit my diet coke all over my screen since i'd never seen any losses beyond -1 or -2 affection.

So i was wondering, has anyone seen any huge gains/losses like this with any of their companions? (mainly so i know what to avoid :P)

lol, I lost 160 affection with Kaliyo on on Balmora by telling Lachris off about her bonus series or something. I didn't get it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    So yesterday i was completing Act 1 on my Imperial Agent and was given what was so far the biggest choice between Light side and Dark side i'd seen so far. Being a Dark side character i didnt give it much thought, but since i had Vector with me (the total pansy Light side diplomat) i lost -364 affection which pretty much made me spit my diet coke all over my screen since i'd never seen any losses beyond -1 or -2 affection.

So i was wondering, has anyone seen any huge gains/losses like this with any of their companions? (mainly so i know what to avoid :P)
    At the end of my Bounty Hunter questline (I'm level 48-ish), I made a couple choices that made me lose over 1k rep with Skadge lol.

Deleted
    Never lost something that drastic, but I got a 499 gain off of an epic gift with a companion :P

At the end of Act 3 on my Bounty Hunter I lost 2k+ affection with Skadge because I was lightside

15+ Year Old Account
    most 'almost' lost same as you op, -364 with vector for the same choice. I hit ESC real quick, got out kaliyo and made a positive out of it.

largest gain was to ensign temple. epic level 5 courting gift for +576.

Lost 628 with Lord Scourge on the final JK class mission for calling him an idiot, gained over 1000 affection between the other companions, me no thinks they like him much

The most I've lost is at the end of the BH class quests. -2400 affection with skadge and almost -800 with gault from one conversation.

Deleted
    The highest gain so far was with Ashara on my Sorcerer. At the End of my Story Quest I got +467 (or something around that Number) 4 times in a row by choosing the romance answers.

The highest loss so far was -40 or so

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    gemini you didnt used to play on EU bloodhoof did you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Khem Val got like 200+ at one point. THe biggest loss I've seen has been like 55 from NOOBronikus revel.

15+ Year Old Account
    -367 when rejecting a marriage offer by Andronikus.. seriously.. Why would i marry that.. Il wait for better.

Apparently accepting proposals is ++

I know lots of people dislike him, but Corso (Smuggler companion) popped up 250 (I think) when my Scoundrel accepted his marriage proposal. I've gotten several of 140+ with him. Best advantage...he seems to have turned off the automatic use of the harpoon, and although that may have been a patch issue that just happened to coincide.

I've had a few semi-significan drops with my Imperial Agent who is almost at Light 1--LOL. Kaliyo doesn't approve of his more noble side. At all.

Giving Nadia Grell any epic level 6 Cultural or Courting gifts gives me I think 878 affection with her, not that I need it anymore.

Pretty much every option I choose in any quest I do (since I'm light side and shes completely light side in about every aspect, and extremely caring) I get +102 with her, +320ish for about any option flagged as a light side dialogue.

aand when I proposed to her I'm pretty sure I got somewhere around 3k in one. single. dialogue option.

edit: I should mention that in-between questing on Voss and buying gifts on the market for her, I had her to 10k affection within an hour of getting her - Had I known how fast her affection goes up for light side people, I probably wouldn't have even bought her a single gift.
    Last edited by Edixoid; 2012-01-21 at 07:01 AM.

Biggest loss was with mako... DS BH... lost 40.... not much but still

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    gemini you didnt used to play on EU bloodhoof did you?
    Nope, never been on bloodhoof

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiero Thorne View Post
    I know lots of people dislike him, but Corso (Smuggler companion) popped up 250 (I think) when my Scoundrel accepted his marriage proposal. I've gotten several of 140+ with him. Best advantage...he seems to have turned off the automatic use of the harpoon, and although that may have been a patch issue that just happened to coincide.

I've had a few semi-significan drops with my Imperial Agent who is almost at Light 1--LOL. Kaliyo doesn't approve of his more noble side. At all.
    Yeah Khem Val is the same way with my light side sorceror :P.

Deleted
    Affection can be a little weird at times, not big numbers but one thing I remember is with Vette I got 15 rep when I promised this guy I wouldn't kill him once he'd completed a task for me, but only lost 1 rep when I did kill him once he'd completed the task. This seemed a pretty weird morality system for vette to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Diop View Post
    Affection can be a little weird at times, not big numbers but one thing I remember is with Vette I got 15 rep when I promised this guy I wouldn't kill him once he'd completed a task for me, but only lost 1 rep when I did kill him once he'd completed the task. This seemed a pretty weird morality system for vette to have.
    For the most part, -1 rep is equal to +15 rep in terms of the significance of the choice. You get a lot less -rep, I assume because it's annoying to level companion rep. a +40 rep choice's negative counterpart is -3 rep. I play a LS BH and I did experience a similar level as the earlier poster of -rep with Gault and Skadge when I completed my class quest. Think it was -600 for gault and -1800 for skadge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    For the most part, -1 rep is equal to +15 rep in terms of the significance of the choice. You get a lot less -rep, I assume because it's annoying to level companion rep. a +40 rep choice's negative counterpart is -3 rep. I play a LS BH and I did experience a similar level as the earlier poster of -rep with Gault and Skadge when I completed my class quest. Think it was -600 for gault and -1800 for skadge.
    Yes for most things this is true, but like you mention at the end, if it's something directly related to the companion (such as shocking vette with collar, or marriage stuff/etc) it's quite possible to lose more. If they simply disapprove of your action you will only lose -1 - -3.